INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZoneSwitch and missing tags  (Read 777 times)

dean70

• Citizen of the Universe
ZoneSwitch and missing tags
« on: May 18, 2014, 05:24:11 pm »

I have 3 main zones setup: Stereo (rule: Media Type=Audio and Channels=2), Multi-Channel (Media type=Audio,Video, Media Sub Type=<empty>,<music video>, Channels>2) and Movie (Media Type=Video, Media Sub Type=Movie).

Discovered an issue where a concert BluRay was missing channel information from the Get Movie and TV Info lookup, but was being assigned to the Stereo zone, even though the rule did not fit.

Is there a better way of handling cases where the ZoneSwitch rules dont match particular content? I am unable to manually set the missing Channels tag and had to add a special case to the Multi Channel zone switch rule to cater for this exception.

Re: ZoneSwitch and missing tags
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »

ZoneSwitch can be a little counter-intuitive.
The number one rule which takes priority over anything else is: is there anything preventing me from playing in the current zone?

I'm not entirely clear on why you have stereo, multi-channel, and movie as separate zones, unless they are playing to separate devices.

Without more information, I'm not sure why that concert played to the wrong zone.
I might try changing your rules a bit, but I don't know if they apply to the concert:

Stereo: Media Type = Audio, Channels <= 2
Multi-Channel: Channels > 2, Media Sub Type ≠ Movie
Movie: Media Sub-Type = Movie

dean70

Re: ZoneSwitch and missing tags
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:24:41 pm »

Thanks. Stereo might have been the last selected zone.

I have separate zones for Movies/Multi channel music with different eq & Movies has JRSS enabled to 7.1 channels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up