INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: RMP technology support  (Read 1860 times)

Ruud Bijvank

Feature request: RMP technology support
« on: February 15, 2002, 01:03:42 am »

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to support RMP, so that I can download a complete album from eMusic ?
(see abstract eMusic below)

rg. Ruud

-----
How do I download an entire MP3 album at once?
It is now possible to download an entire MP3 album with a single click using an MP3 player that supports RMP technology. Currently, there are only two popular MP3 players that support the RMP technology: FreeAmp (for Windows and Linux) and RealJukebox (for Windows only). If one of these players is your default MP3 player, simply click on the one-click album download icon and the player's download manager will take over from there. Unfortunately, there are no Macintosh MP3 players that currently support one-click album downloading through RMP technology.

zevele1

RE:Feature request: RMP technology support
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2002, 03:58:12 am »

As a Emusic member,i would like this feature very much.But,Emusic has only a small number of members,so not a big issue for MediaJukebox.If you use FreeAmp,you do not need to put it your default player to  download.With MediaJukebox as your default player,FreeAmp will open for downloads

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 06:07:26 am »

Support for RMP files will be available in next build of Media Jukebox.

Streaming support by MJ, and download support by Download Manager.

Regards,
Nikolay Sokratov
CTO, JRiver, Inc.

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 07:29:17 am »

Concerning streaming.We will be able to see name of each songs and each artist during the song?I speak about mp3 playlist like the mp3.com ones.For now we just see a number.
If your answer is yes,let me ask an other thing:any hope about the "rip on the fly" playlist?

Ruud Bijvank

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 12:36:04 pm »

Hi Guys,

Nice of you to think about me
However, it's not working, yet. When I click in eMusic.com on the button Download Album (the rmp stuff), I just got a webpage with the contents of that file. It does not do any download

rg Ruud

Raymond

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 06:49:13 pm »

Ruud,
    You need to subscribe to emusic so the link will direct you to the music files. Also, make sure you enabled Download Manager to handle list files. Go to Settings -> Options -> File Associations and make sure the check box was checked. Also, make sure you use Internet Explorer because Download Manager only support IE and non-other browsers.

Ray

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 10:22:56 am »

Hi Ray,

A few things I noticed about Download Manager.
1.  It is set to "always on top".  Could it be otherwise?  To see something else on my desktop I must always minimize it.
2.  I've added rmp to my list of associations via Download Manager, but it doesn't show up on my list.  I know it's there, though, because when I try adding it again, I get a message that it is already there.
3.  rmp doesn't seem to work.  When I select "full album" from e-music, nothing happens.  HOwever, I am able to get it to work if I right-click on "full album" and save target (32317.rmp for example).  Then I double-click on this, and Real AUdio opens, downloads, and plays the files as soon as they are downloaded.  Is this what MJ is supposed to do, ie open Real Audio to do the work?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 10:47:24 am »

full album downloads work for me with MJ 8.0 and emusic.
make sure it's enabled and file associations are correct.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2002, 11:34:28 am »

Hi starflyer,

I think I found the culprit.  rmp is now on my download manager list (I had to reboot for that), but it was not selected in MJ file associations.  I selected "all" there, and then just to be sure, I went into Scheduler, to see if the file associations there were correct.  rmp was unchecked.  I checked it, went back in, and still unchecked.  MJ will not take over that file type for some reason.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2002, 11:39:35 am »

more...

I think MJ isn't taking over the association because it's already associated with Mediajukebox.dm (download manager).  Great.  I double-checked my file associations under Explorer File types, and indeed, rmp files open with mjextman.  

But when I click on download album, Real One starts to download.  Go figure.

Raymond

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2002, 12:24:30 pm »

hi Lise,

You could disable "Always on Top" by unchecking Always On Top under Settings menu. There maybe some glitches after some modification within Download Manager. Try delete the whole SettingFileAssociation key in the Download Manager registry and try again.

To support RMP file, you don't have to add the rmp extension association to Download Manager, just make sure you checked to enable Download Manager to handle list files. When rmp was entered into the list and the check box was unchecked, Download Manager will download the rmp file itself instead of processing the file and extract any download links from the file.

We'll check on the bugs you reported.

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up