INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!  (Read 231529 times)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
Re: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2014, 01:29:49 am »

Sorry for the late report on this (busy with work), but EOS now opens and closes immediately with no error msg.  Just a quick flash and back to the Android screen.  Not sure how to send a log or get anything useful as it will not open.
Thanks
Nathan

Hey Nathan, try closing eos, then opening the Settings app on your device. In the Settings app, go into Apps and find eos. On the details page for the app there should be buttons to clear cache and clear data. Clear both, and try launching eos again to see if that fixes it.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2014, 03:49:04 am »

Thanks - no luck, also tried an uninstall / reinstall and that did not help either.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2014, 04:10:25 am »

I don't have an older APK to test but the Trial version runs fine.
JRiver CEO Elect

rlebrette

« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2014, 08:12:34 am »

Hello,

I'm using your software for some weeks now, and I may say it's pretty cool. (the best one on android for now)
I use it mainly in theater view mode, and it would be cool to have more player control in the Theater View screen, I mainly think about player control.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2014, 02:13:15 pm »

Great support, looks like EOS is back and working.... though I think my server is off line ;(

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2014, 01:54:46 pm »

Hello,

I'm using your software for some weeks now, and I may say it's pretty cool. (the best one on android for now)
I use it mainly in theater view mode, and it would be cool to have more player control in the Theater View screen, I mainly think about player control.
Thanks for the feedback! I agree with you: it would be nice to have playback controls on the Theater View page. I've added these buttons, and you can look forward to them in the next version of eos (v.1.6.0).

Edit: I've just pushed v1.6.1 to Google Play. Changelist:

New:
Keyboard entry and playback controls now available on the Theater Remote page

Fixed:
Up navigation (tapping the application icon in the action bar) will correctly reset the home screen to the top level of navigation
"Remember connectable address" now defaults to off
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2014, 04:38:42 pm »

I just finished adding Volume buttons (Up, Down, and Mute) to the Theater Remote page. This also seemed like a good place to have this functionality.

In addition to the volume buttons, I also added a dropdown to the top of the page. This dropdown will allow you to choose the zone that the volume buttons will control. In my own setup, my HTPC is connected to my receiver, which is where the volume needs to be changed. Without this dropdown, the volume buttons would only control the "Player" zone, which wouldn't have any impact on the volume. Note that this dropdown will always default to the active zone (i.e. - the same zone that's listed in the action bar's subtitle, underneath the name of the current page).

This change will be included in the next build of eos, which will likely be 1.6.2.

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2014, 06:46:31 am »

Great app, with particularly fast display when browing a library.

Just one thing that prevents me to definitively switch to it:
the titles of the disks are very often truncated when browsing in the library (when the title is larger that the thumbnail).

This is particularly not convenient  when 2 or 3 CDs share the same / similar cover art(s) and similar titles ("Blahblah long text... Vol.1" / "Blahblah long text... Vol.2" ).

Other DLNA apps solve this by offering two views for browsing: one "Thumbnails" view, which is generally enough, and a "details" view, with one CD per line, displaying the full titles.

Any chance to see such a feature in a near future? I would with pleasure pay for it a 2nd time.

And the track number also displayed in the "playing now" view, before Gizmo is able to do it?  :-)

Kinds regards.
CM

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2014, 12:01:12 pm »

EOS is really really really great! I sometimes use bubbleupnp to control playback but EOS is soooo much faster to browse. I also use EOS over mobile phone data through a VPN, the speed is truly impressing! I can't see the point with gizmo anymore :D

I do of course have a question :D. When browsing around in the app sometimes, at the top, there are icons that can take me directly to playing now and zones. But sometimes these are not there and to get to playing now I currently go back on the topmost left icon until I'm at the top level, then I scroll down past all my playlists and at the bottom I use the playing now icon. Is there a smarter way to do this then what I do and why are the quick access top Icons sometimes there and sometimes not?

Since I at times have quite a few clicks to get to now playing I've noticed my phones hardware volume control only works on the playing now screen, not on the music browsing pages.

Anyway, thanks for a TOP app!

Ekpen

Chrome cast support?
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

Can we have chrome cast support?
I noticed movies info are very difficult to view. A novice will not be able to use this info. Is there any way to see the detailed info by hovering over the movies cover arts, similar to the way it works in standard view?
 Any possibility of displaying 1080P?

I am really enjoying  this software.

Thanks.

George

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2014, 12:33:41 pm »

chromecast, and tags/description viewing would still be stellar. :)

rlebrette

« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2014, 02:09:58 pm »

Thanks for the feedback! I agree with you: it would be nice to have playback controls on the Theater View page. I've added these buttons, and you can look forward to them in the next version of eos (v.1.6.0).

Edit: I've just pushed v1.6.1 to Google Play. Changelist:

That rocks! You made my day. Waiting impatiently for the upcoming 1.6.2.
The library views + this improved Theater View remote is now allowing me to get the full power of MC on Android.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2014, 09:53:25 pm »

Just one thing that prevents me to definitively switch to it:
the titles of the disks are very often truncated when browsing in the library (when the title is larger that the thumbnail).

Currently, list views are only used to display lists of files. Adding the ability to switch from grids to lists as you suggest wouldn't be trivial. The real problem here is that the text is truncated. I've been trying to come up with other ways of solving this but to be honest I haven't had much luck. I've reduced the amount of padding around the text, and increased the maximum number of lines of text from one to two. The end result is a slightly bigger overlay of text upon the thumbnail, but more of the item's name is visible.

I thought about making the number of lines of text configurable (up to a maximum of 4), but realized that this is a poor bandaid: at some point there would still be a title that would be too long to fit in 4 lines, and the text would still be truncated. I also tried changing the ellipses so that they appear in the middle of the text instead of the end, but the result was... comical. You'd be able to see the final few characters of your album title to discern Volume 1 from Volume 2, but the rest of the text would be cut in weird places and be virtually unreadable. I also thought about making truncated labels clickable, at which point they would expand to fill the grid item. But the Android framework doesn't make it easy to determine when a label's text has been ellipsized: the code to do so has a performance cost.

I'll try to think of other solutions to this, but in the interim I hope that the increase to the number of lines will help somewhat. That change will be included in the next build.

And the track number also displayed in the "playing now" view, before Gizmo is able to do it?  :-)

Unfortunately, this information isn't available in the Playing Now response, so I don't think eos will support this until Gizmo does too.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »

EOS is really really really great! I sometimes use bubbleupnp to control playback but EOS is soooo much faster to browse. I also use EOS over mobile phone data through a VPN, the speed is truly impressing! I can't see the point with gizmo anymore :D

I do of course have a question :D. When browsing around in the app sometimes, at the top, there are icons that can take me directly to playing now and zones. But sometimes these are not there and to get to playing now I currently go back on the topmost left icon until I'm at the top level, then I scroll down past all my playlists and at the bottom I use the playing now icon. Is there a smarter way to do this then what I do and why are the quick access top Icons sometimes there and sometimes not?

Since I at times have quite a few clicks to get to now playing I've noticed my phones hardware volume control only works on the playing now screen, not on the music browsing pages.

Anyway, thanks for a TOP app!

Thanks for your feedback!

On the screens where the buttons for Playing Now and Zones aren't immediately visible, you'll notice that the last button in the action bar at the top of the screen is three vertical dots. Pressing this button will open the "Action Overflow" menu, which is where additional items that couldn't fit onto the action bar are placed. On every page (with the exception of Settings) the buttons for Playing Now, Zones, and Theater Remote should be available.

As a side note, many other Android applications also use the Action Bar, and if they have a lot of actions available they'll also have this overflow menu. Check them out - you never know what functionality you'll find buried in there!  :)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Chrome cast support?
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2014, 10:15:21 pm »

Can we have chrome cast support?
I noticed movies info are very difficult to view. A novice will not be able to use this info. Is there any way to see the detailed info by hovering over the movies cover arts, similar to the way it works in standard view?
 Any possibility of displaying 1080P?

chromecast, and tags/description viewing would still be stellar. :)

Tags/descriptions for videos is an interesting beast. I know your original request was to inject a new details screen that would appear after tapping on a video in eos, before starting playback. I still don't think that I want to change this flow, but I do recognize that the existing File Info screen is far from ideal for viewing this information. Currently, this page is just a dump of all of the fields that the library server returns. I'll see if I can clean this page up so that it's more useful when viewing video info. As George suggested, I'll use the Standard View's hover as a starting point, along with the Theater View's details page.

A friend of mine recently picked up a Chromecast. I'll see if I can borrow it from him to play around with it. I'm not making any promises about supporting it! But it will be easier to figure out how the Chromecast APIs work if I have a device to test with.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2014, 10:39:48 pm »

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2014, 11:25:52 pm »

A friend of mine recently picked up a Chromecast. I'll see if I can borrow it from him to play around with it. I'm not making any promises about supporting it! But it will be easier to figure out how the Chromecast APIs work if I have a device to test with.

PM me your address and I'll send a Chromecast to you. I don't use it.

Ekpen

« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2014, 11:39:44 pm »

Tags/descriptions for videos is an interesting beast. I know your original request was to inject a new details screen that would appear after tapping on a video in eos, before starting playback. I still don't think that I want to change this flow, but I do recognize that the existing File Info screen is far from ideal for viewing this information. Currently, this page is just a dump of all of the fields that the library server returns. I'll see if I can clean this page up so that it's more useful when viewing video info. As George suggested, I'll use the Standard View's hover as a starting point, along with the Theater View's details page.

Thanks.
George

Stormen

• Recent member
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2014, 01:20:30 am »

I think I found a little bug (not sure)
From time to time the EOS cant find my server, solution is to delete the server, and then add it again.
This happens when the router has been restarted and all computers a gizmos in the house reconnects. I guess its beacuse the server got a new IP adress?

I really like the hardware volyme button's in "play know", Its a habbit and I miss them on the other pages.

Could it be intresting that eos auto-switches to "playing now" after lets say 15 sec? It could be nice so the "playing now" is always the startscreen. ( But this would ofcourse be very anoying for many users, specially theater mode :-) ) But somehow I would find it convenient when your around in the house, wanna switch song or adjust the volume, pop up the phone, and directly your at the "playing now" :-)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2014, 10:03:35 pm »

I think I found a little bug (not sure)
From time to time the EOS cant find my server, solution is to delete the server, and then add it again.
This happens when the router has been restarted and all computers a gizmos in the house reconnects. I guess its beacuse the server got a new IP adress?

I really like the hardware volyme button's in "play know", Its a habbit and I miss them on the other pages.

Could it be intresting that eos auto-switches to "playing now" after lets say 15 sec? It could be nice so the "playing now" is always the startscreen. ( But this would ofcourse be very anoying for many users, specially theater mode :-) ) But somehow I would find it convenient when your around in the house, wanna switch song or adjust the volume, pop up the phone, and directly your at the "playing now" :-)

Hey Stormen,

What you've described isn't a bug, that's the result of an unfortunate decision I made: the default is for eos to cache the IP address for your server after looking it up via access key. This worked really well for me, since I've defined static IP addresses for all of my PCs, but doesn't work for a lot of other people whose devices are automatically assigned IPs via DHCP. I've received a number of support requests for this problem, so in v1.6.0.1 I changed the default. When you create your server, ensure that the "Remember connectable address" option is disabled and you should no longer have this problem.

I don't want to have the volume buttons control JRiver's volume outside of the Playing Now page because otherwise you wouldn't be able to control the device's volume while you're in the app. And I could add an option to launch Playing Now when eos is started, but setting up a timer to automatically launch it after a delay isn't something I'm likely to add. Playing Now is, at most, two taps away on any screen, and having the app jump around without any user interaction doesn't seem normal!

Stormen

• Recent member
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2014, 04:14:43 am »

Hey
Thanks for reply, I really like your thinking and its great to be able to juggle questions that pops up.
Your right, there is no need to have the "play now" on launch, just a behavior in how to tap around and find things fast.

I've found an app really intresting. Its the app for Swedish Radio (Sveriges Radio play). When streaming audio and the device (phone) goes into screenlock and you tap the "home button" to light it up and enter your securitycode (drawn or numbers) there is Play/pause and skip available above the security digits. The backround is also changed to show a picture from the radioprogram. I didnt even know that was possible.  :)

Now I see also that spotify seems to have the same possibility

http://i.stack.imgur.com/CBptw.jpg

In that way the phone is more like a instant remote, only volume missing :-) lol

Ekpen

« Reply #271 on: November 28, 2014, 03:26:15 pm »

Greetings:

I am hoping you will give me two Christmas presents.. my request (1) Chromecast support, (2) a reworked intuitive file info.
If these requests are not going to be available for Christmas, make it a "New Year" Present for me and others.

Thanks for the hard work.

George

csimon

« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2014, 03:30:30 pm »

eos is not available in the Google Play Store on a Nook HD. This runs Android 4.0.3 with a custom skin and initially had a walled app store but now also has access to the normal Google store. But as I say, eos is not a compatible device for some reason and is not listed. Do you know why?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2014, 05:00:48 pm »

Greetings:

I am hoping you will give me two Christmas presents.. my request (1) Chromecast support, (2) a reworked intuitive file info.
If these requests are not going to be available for Christmas, make it a "New Year" Present for me and others.

Thanks for the hard work.

George
Hi George,

I've got a new version of eos in Alpha right now that addresses your second concern. When opening up the File Info page for Videos, it will now show a nicely formatted screen with the video's description, actors, director, and genre.

As for Chromecast, I still haven't gotten my hands on one. Thanks to @magnust for the offer of your Chromecast, but I think I might just order one this weekend. Google brought back the $20 Play Store credit when you purchase one, so they're essentially only $19. But as I mentioned, I'm not *promising* Chromecast support, but I will investigate!

eos is not available in the Google Play Store on a Nook HD. This runs Android 4.0.3 with a custom skin and initially had a walled app store but now also has access to the normal Google store. But as I say, eos is not a compatible device for some reason and is not listed. Do you know why?
eos has a minimum requirement of API level 16, which is Android 4.1. So unfortunately, it isn't supported on your Nook HD.

When streaming audio and the device (phone) goes into screenlock and you tap the "home button" to light it up and enter your securitycode (drawn or numbers) there is Play/pause and skip available above the security digits. The backround is also changed to show a picture from the radioprogram. I didnt even know that was possible.  :)

Now I see also that spotify seems to have the same possibility

http://i.stack.imgur.com/CBptw.jpg
Interesting, Stormen. I haven't seen anything like that before. I did a quick search to see if I could figure out what API that might be, but I didn't see anything conclusive. Does that only work when the Spotify app is in the foreground when the device goes to sleep?

Ekpen

« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2014, 06:11:02 pm »

Hi George,

I've got a new version of eos in Alpha right now that addresses your second concern. When opening up the File Info page for Videos, it will now show a nicely formatted screen with the video's description, actors, director, and genre.

As for Chromecast, I still haven't gotten my hands on one. Thanks to @magnust for the offer of your Chromecast, but I think I might just order one this weekend. Google brought back the $20 Play Store credit when you purchase one, so they're essentially only $19. But as I mentioned, I'm not *promising* Chromecast support, but I will investigate!
eos has a minimum requirement of API level 16, which is Android 4.1. So unfortunately, it isn't supported on your Nook HD.
Interesting, Stormen. I haven't seen anything like that before. I did a quick search to see if I could figure out what API that might be, but I didn't see anything conclusive. Does that only work when the Spotify app is in the foreground when the device goes to sleep?

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.  Info usability and simplicity is welcome. I hope it will be easy to use. Is it not possible to just hoover on the cover art, then fire up the code or snippet that displays the file info? Just grin, my silly thoughts.
You are going to win lots of hearts with the addition of Chromecast su[port, if doable !!!

Thanks again.

George

Stormen

• Recent member
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2014, 07:43:53 am »

Does that only work when the Spotify app is in the foreground when the device goes to sleep?       

Hi.  I had to test. The app could be running both in backround and as primary  program but it's  first when you start to stream media the option in the "key lock" is active.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2014, 12:40:38 am »

Have been keeping a closer eye on how the navigation buttons and action bar is set up. Thanks for the tip!

But I do have one (small) wish. When on the main/start page there is no goto-now-playing button. I need to first expand the left drawer list, then scroll down past my maaaany wiews in the list and finally click the now playing button at the bottom of the list. I wish for Christmas that Santa Clause adds a playing now button at the top of that page  ;D ;D ;D

Stormen

• Recent member
« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2014, 04:43:26 am »

Hi
I asked before if there was any possibilities  to start a device. Ex a dvd. But there wasnt any options to catch from MC.
Now I connected a lot of sources. Ex turntable etc on the input on my "lynx two B" audiocard.
I wounder if there is any option to open the ASIO live playback using eos.
Now i have to start up the tv. Find the keyboard etc.

csimon

« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2014, 04:54:39 am »

I've done this with JRemote by using the Gizmo views. I can't remember the exact steps as I'm not at home but it's something like this:

1. Open ASIO Live from MC and go to Playing Now. ASIO Live appears in Playing Now as an item, as though it was a media file.
2. Right-click on it and create a new playlist with this item in it.
3. Go the playlist and you can now tag the ASIO Live entry as though it was a normal media item.
4. You can now delete the playlist I think - the ASIO Live is now a media item in your library and it will appear wherever you want it to appear in your media heirarchy according to the tags. I think I just created a separate two-level entry for it in the views.

shadowlight

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2014, 08:24:09 am »

Is the software available for Kindle Fire HD?  If not, is it ok to side load it on the Kindle without breaking any licensing agreement.  I purchased the license yesterday and it works great on my android phone but would like a bigger screen that the Kindle provides.

Thx

Stormen

• Recent member
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2014, 01:27:39 pm »

Great, tnx for advice, I added it to the playlist and named it INPUT. works great. Now If I want to listen to my turntable I just start the computer + amps and choose input on the playlist in the eos.

Ekpen

« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2014, 02:07:16 pm »

Hi George,

Greetings:

I just updated  this A.M. The file info  looks beautiful, well formatted and it is a killer in my opinion.
Thanks for taking the time to update this feature.

I am still not ok regarding this "file Info" design.

How can a newbie know how to use this feature?
at the moment, we have to select the file name or  by holding down for a few seconds, we then see a check mark on the top left side, then look right to press the three dots or options, then select  File Info.

Is there any way this file info will just pop up as soon as we select or press  or hold down on the file name?

If this is not possible to implement, I will understand.

Have you ordered your Chromecast yet? <grin>

Thanks for taking the time to implement this super feature.

George.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2014, 03:13:35 pm »

PM me your address and I'll send a Chromecast to you. I don't use it.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2014, 10:47:52 am »

Greetings:

I just updated  this A.M. The file info  looks beautiful, well formatted and it is a killer in my opinion.
Thanks for taking the time to update this feature.

I am still not ok regarding this "file Info" design.

How can a newbie know how to use this feature?
at the moment, we have to select the file name or  by holding down for a few seconds, we then see a check mark on the top left side, then look right to press the three dots or options, then select  File Info.

Is there any way this file info will just pop up as soon as we select or press  or hold down on the file name?

If this is not possible to implement, I will understand.

Have you ordered your Chromecast yet? <grin>

Thanks for taking the time to implement this super feature.

George.

Hey George,

There are two different types of context menus - those that appear when long pressing on something - available on Android: there's a popup dialog menu, and the Contextual Action Bar (CAB). The menu that you're referring to is the latter, which is what eos primarily uses. iirc, the former is used by Gizmo in a number of places, but it's also used in the search results grid in eos. Both of these are standard Android paradigms, with the CAB being the most recent.

The CAB is unintrusive and easily allows you to select multiple items, which is why I opted to use it. I agree that it would be nice if more of the available actions were visible on the action bar at one time, but this is a limitation device's screen size.

I don't want to have a different flow when clicking on a video vs clicking on any other type of media. This leads to seemingly inconsistent behavior, which I believe would only add confusion. I don't believe tracking the touch of the cover art vs the rest of the list item is possible, due to the way that Android's ListView control handles clicks on its items.

What I can offer is to move the File Info action to the start of the menu, so that it always shows up first. On phones, this will likely result in the 2 displayed actions being "File Info" and "Play" (when a single item is selected - File Info isn't available when multiple items are selected). At the very least, this would make File Info more readily available.

Thoughts?

Re: Chromecast - I haven't ordered one yet. The sale is on until December 14th, so I still have some time.

Ekpen

« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2014, 12:25:34 pm »

Greetings:
I just showed the File Info to my wife, she loves it.
I did not mean to create more issues for you my friend. Just do whatever is possible or feasible on this EOS. Just a suggestion again.

The "option"  - object that has 3 dots on the right top side- can you embed it within the cover arts or name of movie or put the code or command within the movie name or cover arts. We are only interested in the "File Info " action here not other menus that are on that page.

Sorry I am trying to visualize how this could be implemented. My days of object programming using Visual dbase plus are over <grin>

I can order one chromecast for you today and send it to you as a gift.

Send me a PM with your address.

Thanks for adding fun to our hobby.. MC 20

George

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #285 on: December 08, 2014, 01:25:39 pm »

Quick update:

I'm out of town on a work trip this week, so my availability will be limited. But sometime over the coming weekend I'll be pushing v3.0 of eos to Google Play. This new version will include Widgets! You'll be able to add a lockscreen and/or a homescreen widget, which will show you the current track, allow you to control playback (play/pause, stop, next and previous track buttons), and allow you to jump straight to Playing Now by tapping on the cover art.

This new version is currently in Alpha testing right now, and I'm eliciting feedback from that group. If anyone else is interested in becoming an Alpha tester, please send me a PM with your GMail address and the types of devices that you'll be testing. Note that you'll need to have purchased eos, or be willing to purchase eos in order to be an Alpha tester. This is a limitation of Google Play.

Cheers!

-L

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #286 on: December 08, 2014, 02:09:15 pm »

Cool updates! Thx!

Stormen

• Recent member
« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2014, 06:26:54 am »

Wow. I'm amazed. This will be awsome!!

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2014, 07:17:18 am »

Please pretty pretty please, a now playing button on this page too:

shadowlight

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2014, 12:48:18 pm »

Question for the group.  I have a large smart list which has flac, aiff, wav etc files and every time when I select that audio starts stuttering and the playlist is not displayed.  Is there a tweak that I can try to fix the issue?  I will try it with JRemote and Gizmo tonight to see if I see similar issues.  JRemote version that I am using is 19.0.163.

Thx

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2014, 01:39:27 pm »

Question for the group.  I have a large smart list which has flac, aiff, wav etc files and every time when I select that audio starts stuttering and the playlist is not displayed.  Is there a tweak that I can try to fix the issue?  I will try it with JRemote and Gizmo tonight to see if I see similar issues.  JRemote version that I am using is 19.0.163.

Thx

I assume you're trying to stream these files to your device? If so, it sounds like your device's connection to your media server isn't fast enough to stream files of that bitrate. I'd suggest turning on audio transcoding on the Settings page.

Ekpen

« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2014, 02:08:04 pm »

Greetings:

Any update on the Chrome cast stuff ?

George

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2014, 08:05:34 pm »

Any update on the Chrome cast stuff ?
Nope, not yet

shadowlight

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2014, 08:37:54 pm »

I assume you're trying to stream these files to your device? If so, it sounds like your device's connection to your media server isn't fast enough to stream files of that bitrate. I'd suggest turning on audio transcoding on the Settings page.

Nope, just listening to my main system which has JRiver pc connected to the DAC and using eos/jremote/gizmo strictly as remote to control my setup.

Lenove gen3 i5 running JRiver 19.0.163 converting everything to DSD on the fly --> DSD DAC --> Preamp --> Amp --> Speaker

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2014, 12:30:53 am »

Nope, just listening to my main system which has JRiver pc connected to the DAC and using eos/JRemote/gizmo strictly as remote to control my setup.

Lenove gen3 i5 running JRiver 19.0.163 converting everything to DSD on the fly --> DSD DAC --> Preamp --> Amp --> Speaker

Strange, I've never seen that happen. Does this also occur when you start playback from a different remote app? How large is the smartlist you're talking about? eos will request the entire playlist from the server when loading the Playing Now page, but unless your playlist is ridiculously large that shouldn't cause any issues. I've tried loading a playlist with my entire library - about 6500 files - and I only noticed a slight delay on eos while it was trying to parse and store the playlist. JRiver didn't seem to have any trouble sending the playlist to my device.

shadowlight

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #295 on: December 11, 2014, 07:38:38 pm »

The playlist has close to 10k songs.  Today I was not able to recreate the issue.  I will report back in case it happens again.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2014, 02:12:11 pm »

Trial version crashed right after hitting the Zone icon, I let it send the crash report. No matter. I bought the Paid Version. It look nice, hope I don't have playing now sync issues like with Gizmo.

Ekpen

« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:41 pm »

Nope, not yet

Greetings:

A few days ago, I updated my movie collection to include Belle and Blended.
Wife was anxious to watch Belle on her Samsung Galaxy S5.
Note - wife has a degree in Mathematics around 1984, an avid PC user, and also an SAP high level programmer.

Using EOS seems to make her happy, but since the introduction on "File Info", she must read the descriptions before watching a movie. Belle was one of the movies she really wanted to read the info. For her it is hit and miss. For me also, it is a hit and miss, but I have more patience than her.

Now let us get the the cheese of this matter.

We have to find a way to improve the file info interface of this beautiful program of yours.
I used to program OOP- Object Oriented Programming  using Dbaseplus. I have not done any programming for 5 years, so I might not be 100% correct due to aging memory.
The "object" - options at far right corner does have "action" or code. Within the Android API, is there a way to get the "action" or code underneath the object , place this action or code  on the cover arts: For movies- it will have "watch"   "details" or "info".

For Audio it will have "Play" or "info" or "details".

When in movies, just touching or tapping the over arts will display  "watch " "details" or "info", same goes for the audio.
This is just my thought, I may be wrong, please accept my apology if this suggestion offends you.

The wait is killing me regarding the Chrome cast interface. If I know your physical address, I would have sent you a cast.
Friend-- can we get the ball rolling?
Remember this is the Christmas present I asked for, from you and nothing else, <grin>.

Thanks

George

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2014, 03:29:11 pm »

Trial version crashed right after hitting the Zone icon, I let it send the crash report. No matter. I bought the Paid Version. It look nice, hope I don't have playing now sync issues like with Gizmo.

I think the crash you experienced on the Zones page is due to the hidden zones feature. I fixed the crash in the paid version some time ago, but to be honest I haven't gone back and updated the free trail since its initial launch.

We have to find a way to improve the file info interface of this beautiful program of yours.
I have to admit that I was skeptical - I wasn't sure that I could make the cover art click distinct from the rest of the item. But it turns out it just "worked". So I took one of your suggestions: now, clicking on the cover art for an item in a list of files will open up the File Info page for that item. Clicking anywhere else on the item will begin playback, as you'd expect. I've also changed the logic for the display of the cover art: any item that is a video will always show the cover art so that you can take advantage of this new feature.

I just pushed this change to Alpha for further testing. I've gotten some great feedback from that group already; barring the discovery of any issues, I hope to push v3.0 of eos to production by the end of the weekend.

Ekpen

« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »

I think the crash you experienced on the Zones page is due to the hidden zones feature. I fixed the crash in the paid version some time ago, but to be honest I haven't gone back and updated the free trail since its initial launch.
I have to admit that I was skeptical - I wasn't sure that I could make the cover art click distinct from the rest of the item. But it turns out it just "worked". So I took one of your suggestions: now, clicking on the cover art for an item in a list of files will open up the File Info page for that item. Clicking anywhere else on the item will begin playback, as you'd expect. I've also changed the logic for the display of the cover art: any item that is a video will always show the cover art so that you can take advantage of this new feature.

I just pushed this change to Alpha for further testing. I've gotten some great feedback from that group already; barring the discovery of any issues, I hope to push v3.0 of eos to production by the end of the weekend.

Greetings:

Thanks for listening to me. My wife will be happy. You do not have to rush this by pushing it  out.
I am glad the suggestion works. Can you do this for cover arts for Audio or music also?.
I am sending you a PM now.
George.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up