INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!  (Read 231575 times)

yogibee

• Recent member
Re: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!
« Reply #400 on: March 08, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »

Thanks! All is well now ;D. That's true, just the lazy bum in me that would love to have the icon visable all the time ;) Really isn't a biggy, just nice when Im running through multiple episodes of tv shows and want to fastforward through intros.
Thanks again mate!

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2015, 07:24:26 pm »

Big report: clicking on search results plays the song in the 'Player' zone instead of the active zone.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2015, 08:09:50 pm »

Big report: clicking on search results plays the song in the 'Player' zone instead of the active zone.
Good catch; this is definitely a bug. I've fixed the issue and will push a new version in the next day or so. Cheers!
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

billg

• Recent member
« Reply #403 on: March 16, 2015, 08:25:50 pm »

Hi. I guess this is the un/official suppoert page for eos?
I got a nasty crash when I tried to log into jriver server for the first time. I forgot to enter authentication credentials and got a java crash message I couldn't get out of until I cleared the JR access key and tried again. It's working now. Thought I'd let you know.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #404 on: March 16, 2015, 11:49:45 pm »

Hi. I guess this is the un/official suppoert page for eos?
I got a nasty crash when I tried to log into jriver server for the first time. I forgot to enter authentication credentials and got a java crash message I couldn't get out of until I cleared the JR access key and tried again. It's working now. Thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I wasn't able to duplicate this crash on my own device, and I didn't see any reports in my Google Play console.

When the Java crash occurred, were you presented with the option to Report the crash? If so, could you try to duplicate it again and send in a report? (Don't worry about typing any messages; these reports are useful because they usually tell me exactly where in the code the crash occurred.)

What device are you using, and what OS version is it running? What version of eos do you have installed? (The version is shown on the About page, which is available from Settings.)

-L
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #405 on: March 24, 2015, 07:52:53 am »

When playing to Chromecast, the player link doesn't show up in the pull down shade on my phone.

Also, is Chromecast considered it's own zone? I started a playlist on my device and wanted to continue playing on my TV but turning on Chromecast changed the playlist.

rlebrette

« Reply #406 on: March 24, 2015, 10:50:24 am »

Would it be possible to add to the theater remote two new buttons that will go directly to home and now playing pages?

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #407 on: March 24, 2015, 03:35:11 pm »

Does eos cache ahead? That'd be very helpful, especially when moving through low data spots.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #408 on: March 24, 2015, 03:37:49 pm »

When playing to Chromecast, the player link doesn't show up in the pull down shade on my phone.

Also, is Chromecast considered it's own zone? I started a playlist on my device and wanted to continue playing on my TV but turning on Chromecast chanted the playlist.
Does eos cache ahead? That'd be very helpful, especially when moving through low data spots.

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "the player link doesn't show up in the pull down shade". Do you mean the notification that appears when doing device playback? If so, that's by design - the notification only appears when controlling device playback.

Yes, the Chromecast is considered its own zone. Since only one zone can be active at a time, switching to the Chromecast zone will stop device playback.

No, eos doesn't perform any caching. The only buffer is the one that the MediaPlayer has while streaming the current track.

Would it be possible to add to the theater remote two new buttons that will go directly to home and now playing pages?

Both of these buttons already exist. The Home button is in the top left corner, and Playing Now is in the top right. (On my Xperia Z2 (phone) there is enough room in the action bar to display 2 items: Display Mode and Playing Now. If your device has a smaller resolution you may have to look in the action overflow [3 vertical dots] for the Playing Now button.)

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2015, 03:43:04 pm »

Yes, I'm referring to the notification shade control that appears when doing device playback. Since I'm controlling the Chromecast from my phone, I'd like to request the notification remain active when doing so.

Can you implement a cache? I know Gizmo does this and it's very helpful.

Thanks!

corsimusic

• Recent member
« Reply #410 on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:56 am »

hey very good eos  ;D
JUST LOST REPLAY GAIN TO BE PERFECT

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #411 on: March 30, 2015, 09:39:17 am »

What do I need to do to get eos to play an album in track order? It seems that would be the default but I am getting some random/shuffled playback order. It is disconcerting on albums I am very familiar with. I select the first track to play or any track and I want  eos to select subsequent tracks in ascending order until all the tracks in the album are played. This is the way Gizmo works by default.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #412 on: March 30, 2015, 09:40:47 pm »

What do I need to do to get eos to play an album in track order? It seems that would be the default but I am getting some random/shuffled playback order. It is disconcerting on albums I am very familiar with. I select the first track to play or any track and I want  eos to select subsequent tracks in ascending order until all the tracks in the album are played. This is the way Gizmo works by default.

Playing in track order is the default behavior. I just tried to play some albums - including multi-disc albums - but I was unable to reproduce the behavior you're seeing.

Can you give me a little more information: Are you trying to play to a remote zone or to your device? Can you tell me step-by-step how you're starting playback?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #413 on: March 30, 2015, 10:13:57 pm »

Yes, I'm referring to the notification shade control that appears when doing device playback. Since I'm controlling the Chromecast from my phone, I'd like to request the notification remain active when doing so.

Can you implement a cache? I know Gizmo does this and it's very helpful.

Thanks!

The notification only appears when media is playing to the device, not when eos is controlling remote playback. The reason media apps use notifications is to ensure they don't get terminated when they're in the background, so that they can continue to play media. Even though eos is controlling them, both JRiver and the Chromecast take care of rendering their own media, so eos doesn't need to show a notification/stay alive.

A cache has previously been requested but as I mentioned then it isn't high on my list of priorities. eos is designed to be a remote for JRiver, and I'm focusing on that functionality.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #414 on: March 31, 2015, 02:21:32 pm »

Playing in track order is the default behavior. I just tried to play some albums - including multi-disc albums - but I was unable to reproduce the behavior you're seeing.

Can you give me a little more information: Are you trying to play to a remote zone or to your device? Can you tell me step-by-step how you're starting playback?
I am playing to player which an HTPC. I select artist (Pink Floyd). Then Album (Dark Side of the Moon.  I am presented with a track list in correct order and select Speak to Me (Breathe in the Air). Playback of the selected track starts and the screen moves to Playing Now. But the playlist is different order then the track order on subsequent tracks. Playlist

Track Order (correct)

1 Speak to Me (Breathe in the Air).
2 On the Run
3 Time
4 The Great Gig in the Sky
5 Money
6 Us and Them
7 Any Colour You Like
8 Brain Damage
9 Esclipse

Playist - is the playback order and as you can see is in some odd order.
1 Speak to Me (Breathe in the Air).
2 Eclipse
3 Money
4 Brain Damage
5 On the Run
6 Us and Them
7 Time
8 Any Colour You Like
9 The Great Gig in the Sky

starts. Next

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #415 on: March 31, 2015, 04:17:50 pm »

I am playing to player which an HTPC.

It sounds like you have Shuffle enabled on MC. When controlling remote zones (i.e. - not playing to Device or Chromecast), eos sends a command that tells MC to play the list of tracks to which you've currently browsed. If they're appearing correctly on eos but they aren't playing in the right order when you try to start playback - and you aren't explicitly pressing Play (Shuffled) in eos - then Shuffle must be enabled at the MC level.

You can't change this from eos; you'll have to toggle Shuffle from MC.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #416 on: April 01, 2015, 10:51:13 am »

and you aren't explicitly pressing Play (Shuffled) in eos - then Shuffle must be enabled at the MC level.

You can't change this from eos; you'll have to toggle Shuffle from MC.

You are correct. Somehow Shuffle was enabled on that Media Center instance. Weird, as I never use shuffle and I was using Gizmo before eos to control that PC and never experienced this before. Much Thanks!

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #417 on: April 06, 2015, 02:20:29 pm »

Hey everyone!

Just a quick note to say that v4.6.13 of eos has just been published. Change notes:

New in v4.6.13:
Playing Now background is now a blurred version of the cover art
Added playback controls to notification

Fixes:
Selecting a search result to play was affecting the wrong zone
Audio focus loss fixes
Truncated album text on certain devices

Cheers!

-L

dean70

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2015, 04:57:30 pm »

I have noticed a rounding error in the Volume adjustment. If you have setup say 1db steps, somehow you can end up with fractional volume levels, eg: -13.9 instead of -14.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2015, 05:03:40 pm »

I have noticed a rounding error in the Volume adjustment. If you have setup say 1db steps, somehow you can end up with fractional volume levels, eg: -13.9 instead of -14.

eos (and any other remote, I should think) don't work in terms of dB. The MCWS Volume service allows a remote to set the volume using a decimal value from 0 to 1 (i.e. - a percentage), and it's up to MC to translate this percentage to the actual volume level.

justsomeguy

« Reply #420 on: April 07, 2015, 01:10:06 am »

I have posted this same question for gizmo and jremote and thought I'd ask here as well.

I was wondering if there will be an option to set the user in eos like you can in MC and on a "full" MC pc client? If I set the server to the user I have set for kids so they can only access "approved" content on their tablet that causes me and anyone else to only see that same restricted content. Where as on a full MC pc client it can be set independent of the server setting and doesn't affect other clients.

I have one license so far for eos as well as jremote and whichever remote adds this feature I will be purchasing 3 licenses for.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #421 on: April 07, 2015, 01:31:42 am »

I have posted this same question for gizmo and jremote and thought I'd ask here as well.

I was wondering if there will be an option to set the user in eos like you can in MC and on a "full" MC pc client? If I set the server to the user I have set for kids so they can only access "approved" content on their tablet that causes me and anyone else to only see that same restricted content. Where as on a full MC pc client it can be set independent of the server setting and doesn't affect other clients.

I have one license so far for eos as well as jremote and whichever remote adds this feature I will be purchasing 3 licenses for.

Unfortunately, what you're looking for isn't possible right now. MCWS - the web services provided by MC that all remote applications use - are not user-aware. There's no way to specify the user that's currently using a remote application, or even a way to retrieve a list of users configured in MC.

Until this is supported by MCWS, no remote will be able to provide you with the functionality you're looking for.

Latour

• Recent member
« Reply #422 on: April 07, 2015, 02:30:24 am »

Hi my first post here :)

First thank you for eos. A great app that I have missed. I have "suffered" by Gizmo which is lacking functionality which is important for me but not found anything better out there. But now I have found eos which is almost perfect.  I had the impression that eos was a "remote control" application and not a streaming device for JRiver. I believe you can stress this great functionality even more in your advertising.

To the point.

I use eos for its video streaming functionality. I have 500+ movies sorted in different genres. Is there a possibility in eos to filter films in a specific genre when selecting a film?  As it is now you get all movies in one list when you click on movies.  It would be great to have a genre selection in the same way as in the Audio section.

Finally another thought. When I view streamed video it always leaves transcoded folders and files on the server. These takes a considerable place. Would it be possible to set a configuration flag in eos that these should automatically shall removed after viewing?

Thanks // L

dean70

« Reply #423 on: April 07, 2015, 05:09:35 am »

eos (and any other remote, I should think) don't work in terms of dB. The MCWS Volume service allows a remote to set the volume using a decimal value from 0 to 1 (i.e. - a percentage), and it's up to MC to translate this percentage to the actual volume level.

Not quite sure what you are saying? If I send Playback/Volume?Level=0.02&Relative=1, it increases by exactly 1db.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #424 on: April 07, 2015, 05:11:23 am »

Indeed, MCs percentages map to dB, and any remote control would probably behave the same way, as they just control MC like that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #425 on: April 07, 2015, 11:47:59 am »

Latour
I use eos for its video streaming functionality. I have 500+ movies sorted in different genres. Is there a possibility in eos to filter films in a specific genre when selecting a film?  As it is now you get all movies in one list when you click on movies.  It would be great to have a genre selection in the same way as in the Audio section.
I believe what your looking for is located from within jriver, open jriver SERVER then click on  (top of jriver in standard view) tools/options/media network/advanced/customize views for Gizmo(EOS) & WebGizmo/ then scroll down to Video, and start building your views as you see fit.

Edit... JRiver SERVER must be force killed, then clients reconnected before you will see changes.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #426 on: April 07, 2015, 12:31:00 pm »

Not quite sure what you are saying? If I send Playback/Volume?Level=0.02&Relative=1, it increases by exactly 1db.

The Relative query string parameter is only relevant when you use the volume buttons to control the volume. In fact, what you've quoted is exactly the command that eos would send if you pressed the hardware volume up key on the Playing Now page with the volume increment set to 2%. If you drag the volume slider on the Zones page, though, you aren't requesting a Relative volume change: that's an absolute volume change, so it would the request would look something like Playback/Volume?Level=0.75.

Indeed, MCs percentages map to dB, and any remote control would probably behave the same way, as they just control MC like that.

I don't have my setup configured the same way as dean70, but I take it from your response that it should work the way he's expecting?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #427 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:10 pm »

I use eos for its video streaming functionality. I have 500+ movies sorted in different genres. Is there a possibility in eos to filter films in a specific genre when selecting a film?  As it is now you get all movies in one list when you click on movies.  It would be great to have a genre selection in the same way as in the Audio section.
Latour I believe what your looking for is located from within jriver, open jriver SERVER then click on  (top of jriver in standard view) tools/options/media network/advanced/customize views for Gizmo(EOS) & WebGizmo/ then scroll down to Video, and start building your views as you see fit.

xtacbyme is right on the money. The views that show up on remotes like eos are customizable in MC, so if you follow his instructions you should be able to get this more to your liking.

Finally another thought. When I view streamed video it always leaves transcoded folders and files on the server. These takes a considerable place. Would it be possible to set a configuration flag in eos that these should automatically shall removed after viewing?

The conversion cache for transcoding is also managed by MC; remotes don't have any control over this. I know the location of the cache is configurable in MC's options, but I don't know if you can change the max size of this cache.

Latour

• Recent member
« Reply #428 on: April 07, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »

Latour I believe what your looking for is located from within jriver, open jriver SERVER then click on  (top of jriver in standard view) tools/options/media network/advanced/customize views for Gizmo(EOS) & WebGizmo/ then scroll down to Video, and start building your views as you see fit.

Thank you xtacbyme. That is a really great feature.

At first it didn't work but now suddenly it is exactly how I want it. Awesome!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #429 on: April 07, 2015, 01:17:49 pm »

Latour, I forgot to mention most important part... JRiver SERVER must be force killed, then clients reconnected before you will see changes.

Latour

• Recent member
« Reply #430 on: April 07, 2015, 03:58:19 pm »

Latour, I forgot to mention most important part... JRiver SERVER must be force killed, then clients reconnected before you will see changes.

Thanks. I restarted and then it worked.

Only one major issue left and that one has probably nothing to do with EOS. My subtitles from .srt files are only in sync when a movie is started from the beginning. If you jump, the subtitle always restart from the beginning. It has been the same in Gizmo since it was launched as far as I know. Does anyone have a work around?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #431 on: April 07, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

Only one major issue left and that one has probably nothing to do with EOS. My subtitles from .srt files are only in sync when a movie is started from the beginning. If you jump, the subtitle always restart from the beginning. It has been the same in Gizmo since it was launched as far as I know. Does anyone have a work around?
i'd start a new thread for this in the main forum being you have noticed the problem with gizmo as well.

dean70

« Reply #432 on: April 07, 2015, 04:26:11 pm »

The Relative query string parameter is only relevant when you use the volume buttons to control the volume. In fact, what you've quoted is exactly the command that eos would send if you pressed the hardware volume up key on the Playing Now page with the volume increment set to 2%. If you drag the volume slider on the Zones page, though, you aren't requesting a Relative volume change: that's an absolute volume change, so it would the request would look something like Playback/Volume?Level=0.75.

I don't have my setup configured the same way as dean70, but I take it from your response that it should work the way he's expecting?

I am seeing the fractional volume level when setting with the hardware volume buttons on a Nexus 7. I have the settings at 1db increments, and it sometimes steps from -14db to -13.1 or -12.9db, etc (but not every time).

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #433 on: April 07, 2015, 04:37:40 pm »

I am seeing the fractional volume level when setting with the hardware volume buttons on a Nexus 7. I have the settings at 1db increments, and it sometimes steps from -14db to -13.1 or -12.9db, etc (but not every time).
eos only lets you set the volume increment in percentage (1%, 2%, 5%, 10%) and not db.

dean70

« Reply #434 on: April 07, 2015, 06:17:25 pm »

eos only lets you set the volume increment in percentage (1%, 2%, 5%, 10%) and not db.

I dont have it in front of me. In that case it is set to 2% (which equals 1db)  ;)

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #435 on: April 07, 2015, 06:30:26 pm »

Thank you very much for player controls in the notification shade! I'd like to renew my request to have the notification available regardless of the zone that's being used - after all, if I'm playing from my phone to my Sonos speaker, I still need quick access to the short cut and controls.

pegazus

• Recent member
« Reply #436 on: April 08, 2015, 07:06:16 am »

I would be appreciate if integrate the following functions.

1. Wake on LAN from outside like Gizmo and JRemote.
2. Select the audio track and subtitle in videos.

Thanks

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #437 on: April 08, 2015, 09:52:46 am »

Thank you very much for player controls in the notification shade! I'd like to renew my request to have the notification available regardless of the zone that's being used - after all, if I'm playing from my phone to my Sonos speaker, I still need quick access to the short cut and controls.

I won't be adding a persistent notification for non-device playback; that's not what notifications are designed to do. I would recommend using the Widgets. eos has  a homescreen Widget, and if your device is pre-Lollipop you can also use the lockscreen widget.

1. Wake on LAN from outside like Gizmo and JRemote.
2. Select the audio track and subtitle in videos.

#2 already exists. On the Playing Now and Theater Remote pages, you'll find the "Toggle Audio Stream/Subtitles" action item in the action overflow (3 vertical dots).

As for #1, I learned something new today: subnet directed broadcasts make it possible to WOL over the internet. However, it seems that SDBs require knowing the subnet mask of the network where you want to send the broadcast, which is information that I can't see a way of getting when you aren't on that network. I'm not sure how JRemote/Gizmo overcome this limitation.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #438 on: April 15, 2015, 02:49:19 pm »

Hey everyone,

v.4.7.3 of eos has just been pushed to Production! The Google Play release notes:

New in v4.7.3:
Filter field now hidden behind action item
New header displayed when viewing list of files
Toolbar no longer shows icons, and the navigation drawer shows the app icon
Access Key servers will update and use server's Friendly Name
Updated File Info view
Play All & Shuffle All actions visible when viewing list of files
Fix crash that would occur if disconnected while Chromecasting

Removing the icons from the toolbar reduces the cluttered look, and on some devices also allows for an extra action item to be displayed. File Info has been updated to show two tabs: an Overview tab, which shows some relevant info, and the Edit tab.

Cheers!

-L

Laozi

• Recent member
« Reply #439 on: April 16, 2015, 08:47:47 am »

after update totally not working (crashes) :-/

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #440 on: April 16, 2015, 09:07:15 am »

after update totally not working (crashes) :-/

Sorry about that; just pushed v4.7.4 with the fix for the crash.

Laozi

• Recent member
« Reply #441 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:24 am »

no problem!

now works fine :-)

regards

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2015, 10:56:57 am »

One question and a few concerns…

Question: In the ‘File Info’ view I get different album image sizes (some large, some small). Where are you pulling this image from? Is there anything I can do to standardize the size?

Concerning the menu item ‘Audio Podcast’… in this view my folders aren’t displayed, so I get a view of 1082 individual tracks sorted by date. Was this always the case? I’m old an’ can’t remember…

Also… using the device back button from this view minimizes the app and returns me to the desktop (happens in other views as well). Shouldn’t it take me back to the default ‘Audio Artist’ view? Then when I try to restore eos I have to repeat the process because the first attempt again returns me to the desktop. I don’t see this (restore) behavior on the other apps I have installed.

I’m running eos 4.7.5 on Android Ver. 5.1 on a Nexus 7 tablet…

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2015, 11:19:02 am »

Question: In the ‘File Info’ view I get different album image sizes (some large, some small). Where are you pulling this image from? Is there anything I can do to standardize the size?

The album art on File Info is rendered in the art's actual size - unless it's too big to be displayed in full, then it's scaled down. I did this so that it was easier for me to tell what size the cover art is inside my library; I'd know if I needed to look for a higher resolution image for an album.

Concerning the menu item ‘Audio Podcast’… in this view my folders aren’t displayed, so I get a view of 1082 individual tracks sorted by date. Was this always the case? I’m old an’ can’t remember…

It would have always been this way, unless you've changed your configuration recently. You can modify the structure of eos' (and any other remote's) views by going into MC's Options, clicking Media Network, Advanced, then "Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo..."

Also… using the device back button from this view minimizes the app and returns me to the desktop (happens in other views as well). Shouldn’t it take me back to the default ‘Audio Artist’ view? Then when I try to restore eos I have to repeat the process because the first attempt again returns me to the desktop. I don’t see this (restore) behavior on the other apps I have installed.

This is expected behavior. In the apps navigation hierarchy, switching between the various views in the menu is a lateral move, where tapping on (i.e. - drilling into) an item descends a level. You can use the back button to go "Up" a level in the hierarchy to the item's parent, but it won't unwind lateral moves. (The exceptions to this are the app-specific screens that appear under the divider, like Playing Now and Zones. These open up new screens in the app.) As a general rule, if you can see the "hamburger" menu item in the top left instead of "home", hitting back will leave the app.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2015, 01:36:54 pm »

I’ll have to look at that ‘Media Network’ thingamajig and see what I can figure out.

Thanks for your time… an’ thanks for the app.

dean70

« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2015, 06:51:29 pm »

Still seeing the same issue with the current version. The more you adjust the volume up and down, the further away from whole number db levels it drifts. The Volume increment settings are set to 2%.

edit: It is running on a Nexus 10 tablet.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #446 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:31 am »

The album art on File Info is rendered in the art's actual size - unless it's too big to be displayed in full, then it's scaled down. I did this so that it was easier for me to tell what size the cover art is inside my library; I'd know if I needed to look for a higher resolution image for an album.

Would you mind telling me the sizes you're using to make that determination? Mine typically top out at 900 pixels. Though many would be below that figure.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #447 on: April 19, 2015, 11:53:02 am »

Would you mind telling me the sizes you're using to make that determination? Mine typically top out at 900 pixels. Though many would be below that figure.

By "too big", I meant that your device's display isn't big enough to fit the entire image. So if your display is 1080p (1920x1080) and you have cover art that's 1200x1200, the image will be scaled down to 1080x1080 to fit on the screen.

Still seeing the same issue with the current version. The more you adjust the volume up and down, the further away from whole number db levels it drifts. The Volume increment settings are set to 2%.

As already mentioned, no remote has dB level control over the volume. MCWS only allows the volume to be set by percentage, which is then translated to a dB level by MC.

dean70

« Reply #448 on: April 19, 2015, 07:15:40 pm »

As already mentioned, no remote has dB level control over the volume. MCWS only allows the volume to be set by percentage, which is then translated to a dB level by MC.

I will confirm by trying Gizmo on the same tablet.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #449 on: April 19, 2015, 11:32:32 pm »

By "too big", I meant that your device's display isn't big enough to fit the entire image. So if your display is 1080p (1920x1080) and you have cover art that's 1200x1200, the image will be scaled down to 1080x1080 to fit on the screen.

In portrait mode the album art fits nicely on the screen. It appears (and I’m just guessing here) that the image scales to the screen width. I use your creation in landscape mode and here it appears to me to be somewhat unwieldy, requires unnecessary scrolling and loses some of its visual appeal. Would it be possible to scale the image to the screen height in landscape mode? That way the user is presented with a full image of the album art and not just a portion of it.

Oh, and thanks for pointing me to the view customization menu. I didn’t realize that would also affect eos.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up