INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!  (Read 232122 times)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
Re: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!
« Reply #500 on: June 12, 2015, 12:09:46 am »

I do not think bookmark should be in exact spot, something close will be sufficient.

What I was trying to say was that bookmarking on disconnect is impossible, because by the time I know that the disconnect has occurred the app isn't even playing the same track.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #501 on: June 12, 2015, 07:23:45 am »

What I was trying to say was that bookmarking on disconnect is impossible, because by the time I know that the disconnect has occurred the app isn't even playing the same track.

ok, then. So we are going to get it in one way any how.

On a new Samsung UNJU657100 4k uhd tv , eos shines  especially with mirroring

Thanks.

George

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #502 on: June 12, 2015, 07:31:48 am »

Right, if eos just kept track of the last played file and location within it and could restore it when restarted, that would be great. So in the event of a disconnection, eos would at least be close - it could record it every 30 seconds or something like that.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #503 on: June 12, 2015, 09:40:09 am »

Right, if eos just kept track of the last played file and location within it and could restore it when restarted, that would be great. So in the event of a disconnection, eos would at least be close - it could record it every 30 seconds or something like that.

It already keeps track of the last played file, it's just a matter of keeping track of the position. As I mentioned, in a disconnect scenario there are no errors generated: the MediaPlayer indicates that playback completed successfully and advances to the next track even though it failed to buffer and complete the current track. This makes generating a bookmark unreliable at best.

Since the only other way to kill the app is to first manually stop device playback, adding long press to create a bookmark will allow you to create a bookmark whenever you plan on switching networks.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #504 on: June 12, 2015, 09:49:40 am »

Ok, sounds good. It'd definitely help in the wifi/4G transition scenario.

dean70

« Reply #505 on: June 14, 2015, 04:51:45 pm »

I have found that Gizmo does the same thing. What happens is too many volume button changes (or too quickly) in a row can cause the volume level to go fractional. There is an extra delay in getting a MCWS response when this occurs.

As of v20.0.115 issue is still occurring. Definitely something going on with (semi) rapid volume change requests through MCWS.

David dP

• Recent member
« Reply #506 on: June 24, 2015, 08:51:51 am »

Hi !

I just purchased EOS, and I'm glad I did !
Especially the way the Playing Now playlist is managed is so much better than what I had before ! The ability to replace the entire list with only one track is something I was desperate to find.

There are a few things I'd love to find in EOS. Of course, maybe they are already here and I can't find them, and those which aren't might make interesting new features :

- When watching a video on the Device (my 1st gen Nexus 7 android tablet), I'd love to have at least the controls to choose language and subtitles.
- Is there a way to "transfer" the Playing Now (including current playing position) from one zone to the other. Basic example : to watch the end of the movie on the tablet in my bed instead of the TV in the living room...
- This is a big one : It would be fantastic if EOS could play the files stored on the Device to the Player like I can do with BubbleUPnP, which recognizes the content of the local device as a DLNA library. I just don't want to, because EOS is tailored for JRiver and so much easier to use... This is probably very tricky to pull off with JRiver's libraries management, but hey, it's worth asking...

Anyway, thanks a lot for a fantastic product !

Cheers,
David

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #507 on: June 24, 2015, 10:06:31 am »

There are a few things I'd love to find in EOS. Of course, maybe they are already here and I can't find them, and those which aren't might make interesting new features :

- When watching a video on the Device (my 1st gen Nexus 7 android tablet), I'd love to have at least the controls to choose language and subtitles.
- Is there a way to "transfer" the Playing Now (including current playing position) from one zone to the other. Basic example : to watch the end of the movie on the tablet in my bed instead of the TV in the living room...
- This is a big one : It would be fantastic if EOS could play the files stored on the Device to the Player like I can do with BubbleUPnP, which recognizes the content of the local device as a DLNA library. I just don't want to, because EOS is tailored for JRiver and so much easier to use... This is probably very tricky to pull off with JRiver's libraries management, but hey, it's worth asking...

Anyway, thanks a lot for a fantastic product !

Cheers,
David

Thanks for your purchase David! Glad to hear you like eos.

As per your requests:
  • I don't think it's possible to get subtitles or switch audio streams when streaming video to device. At least, I couldn't see a way to do this from MCWS. (So I don't think this is supported in JRemote or Gizmo, either...)
  • The only way I can think of "transferring" a playlist between zones is to save the current Playing Now playlist, and then navigate to it and start playing it in the other zone. I don't see any other way of doing this from MCWS.
  • It sounds like BubbleUPNP is exposing your device's media as a DLNA Server? Anyway, there are two problems here: first, there's no way to send media to MC using MCWS. If you can see your device media in MC when using BubbleUPNP, that's probably the only solution right now. Secondly, eos doesn't know what media is stored on the device, because it doesn't read from the device's library. (You may have noticed it doesn't even request permission to access local media when installing it.) That's outside eos' purview.

Cheers!

-Lenny

csimon

« Reply #508 on: June 24, 2015, 10:10:06 am »

This is often requested of MC itself and is not possible at the moment because of the way zones are structured. But there are requests to revamp the way zones are structured.

Here's someone with the same question in 2012! http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76185.msg516025;topicseen#msg516025

csimon

« Reply #509 on: June 25, 2015, 10:40:58 am »

On my tablet (Acer Iconia Tab 10.1) the second line displayed by the widget is truncated. Screenshot attached.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2015, 10:46:50 am »

On my tablet (Acer Iconia Tab 10.1) the second line displayed by the widget is truncated. Screenshot attached.

Do you know the model # of your tablet? I'll need that in order to find out the pixel density of your device.

csimon

« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2015, 12:10:36 pm »

Do you know the model # of your tablet? I'll need that in order to find out the pixel density of your device.

A3-A20.  1280x800, 149ppi I think.

David dP

• Recent member
« Reply #512 on: June 27, 2015, 01:55:49 am »

Thanks for your purchase David! Glad to hear you like eos.

As per your requests:
  • I don't think it's possible to get subtitles or switch audio streams when streaming video to device. At least, I couldn't see a way to do this from MCWS. (So I don't think this is supported in JRemote or Gizmo, either...)
  • The only way I can think of "transferring" a playlist between zones is to save the current Playing Now playlist, and then navigate to it and start playing it in the other zone. I don't see any other way of doing this from MCWS.
  • It sounds like BubbleUPNP is exposing your device's media as a DLNA Server? Anyway, there are two problems here: first, there's no way to send media to MC using MCWS. If you can see your device media in MC when using BubbleUPNP, that's probably the only solution right now. Secondly, eos doesn't know what media is stored on the device, because it doesn't read from the device's library. (You may have noticed it doesn't even request permission to access local media when installing it.) That's outside eos' purview.

Cheers!

-Lenny

Thanks a lot for your answers (csimon too) ! I had a feeling it would all have already been done if it was possible...

Now for something more "classical" :
- It has happened that, when JR runs in theater mode, and I start playing a movie on the Player after navigating to it within EOS, the movie gets displayed in windowed mode, not full screen. To be in full screen, I either had to navigate the theater mode interface with the theater remote, or specify the display mode as "display". Of course this morning, after restarting the computer, I can't reproduce this...

And three little things on the "Playing now page" :
- When stopping a movie, the buttons are not refreshed, and the pause remains instead of switching to play when the tablet has been kept in landscape mode since EOS was started. Forcing the refresh by switching to portrait and back to landscape has stopped it from happening in this session. It is reproducable by just closing EOS, restarting it, playing and then stopping a movie : No refresh of the pause button until the tablet orientation changes, and then the problem disappears.
- Since there are only the chapter up/down, play/pause and stop buttons in the playing now page, it would be great if a long press on the chapter down button (for example) would send back to the beginning of the movie (or album in audio). That's because JR keeps in memory the place where the movie was last stoppped, whereas sometimes you just want to start over again... In other words, I'm missing a way to force the start of a movie from the beginning. Maybe a long press on play, or on the movie title, or maybe it's already there and I don't know where...
- It is too bad that the drawer menu cannot be accessed from the playing now page. Having to go back to the home page is one action too much, IMHO.

Anyway this is all very minor, congrats again on a great piece of software !

Cheers,
David

csimon

« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2015, 05:07:22 pm »

A3-A20.  1280x800, 149ppi I think.

Just realised this is due the the font size settings on the device, I've got it set to Large!  It is OK when at Normal.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #514 on: June 29, 2015, 02:05:25 pm »

Just realised this is due the the font size settings on the device, I've got it set to Large!  It is OK when at Normal.

Ah, glad you figured this out. I was trying to duplicate the behavior on an emulator (I don't have any devices with the same specs) but I wasn't having any luck.

Now for something more "classical" :
- It has happened that, when JR runs in theater mode, and I start playing a movie on the Player after navigating to it within EOS, the movie gets displayed in windowed mode, not full screen. To be in full screen, I either had to navigate the theater mode interface with the theater remote, or specify the display mode as "display". Of course this morning, after restarting the computer, I can't reproduce this...

I used to see this minimized video behavior from MC when I originally started developing eos, but I haven't seen it in some time. I wasn't able to reproduce this myself.

And three little things on the "Playing now page" :
- When stopping a movie, the buttons are not refreshed, and the pause remains instead of switching to play when the tablet has been kept in landscape mode since EOS was started. Forcing the refresh by switching to portrait and back to landscape has stopped it from happening in this session. It is reproducable by just closing EOS, restarting it, playing and then stopping a movie : No refresh of the pause button until the tablet orientation changes, and then the problem disappears.

The playback controls should be refreshing after you press stop in eos; this sounds like a bug. Are you controlling a remote zone, or are you talking about playing videos on the device? And when you mention "playing and then stopping a movie", are you talking about pressing the Play and Stop buttons in eos, or directly in MC? If you're controlling playback directly from MC - or another remote - eos doesn't know that playback has changed, so the page not updating would expected behavior. (By the way, there's a Refresh button in the action overflow on the Playing Now page that will update the screen when this occurs. No need to reorient the device!)

- Since there are only the chapter up/down, play/pause and stop buttons in the playing now page, it would be great if a long press on the chapter down button (for example) would send back to the beginning of the movie (or album in audio). That's because JR keeps in memory the place where the movie was last stoppped, whereas sometimes you just want to start over again... In other words, I'm missing a way to force the start of a movie from the beginning. Maybe a long press on play, or on the movie title, or maybe it's already there and I don't know where...

I don't think I've ever used chapters in videos; I'm not quite sure I understand this request. Is it not possible to drag the position slider all the way to the left to start the video over from the beginning?

- It is too bad that the drawer menu cannot be accessed from the playing now page. Having to go back to the home page is one action too much, IMHO.

The drawer menu can only be accessed from the home page where the navigation takes place, but some of the other functionality - specifically Zones, Theater Remote, and Playing Now - are accessible from every screen. In the worst case, they're placed in the action overflow.

Cheers!

-L

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #515 on: June 29, 2015, 02:12:38 pm »

I just released v5.2.3 of eos to production. From the change notes:

New in v5.2.3:
Long press on the Stop button while playing audio to create a bookmark. Pressing Play when a bookmark exists will restart playback at the bookmarked position. Bookmarks are saved across application restarts, but are cleared if the track is changed. Useful when switching between Wi-Fi and cell networks.

New Mobile Conversion setting for Video

Playing Now page shows a loading spinner instead of a dialog when refreshing

Removed Send TV functionality - it isn't supported by MC

I originally introduced Send TV in v5.0 of eos, but after more testing from the Alpha group it turns out that a) it was broken, and b) once I had finally fixed it, MC didn't support simultaneously recording a TV channel and pushing the recorded stream to a remote (DLNA) client.

Cheers!

-L

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2015, 08:08:48 pm »

Thanks for the long-press stop option, that's a good workaround.

You said:
The only way I can think of "transferring" a playlist between zones is to save the current Playing Now playlist, and then navigate to it and start playing it in the other zone. I don't see any other way of doing this from MCWS.

Also a good workaround, perhaps it could be automated into a two-click (save/restore) solution?

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #517 on: July 02, 2015, 08:26:46 pm »

So how is the bookmark feature supposed to work in practice? I tried it today - press and held stop in the car (4G), walked into the house (wifi) and pressed play, and it started at the beginning of the track.

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #518 on: July 02, 2015, 08:30:38 pm »

Also, possible bug? First track of an album doesn't seem to get it's play stats updated while all other tracks do.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #519 on: July 02, 2015, 11:33:49 pm »

So how is the bookmark feature supposed to work in practice? I tried it today - press and held stop in the car (4G), walked into the house (wifi) and pressed play, and it started at the beginning of the track.

That sounds right. When you long-pressed Stop, did you see a toast stating "Bookmark created"?

Also, possible bug? First track of an album doesn't seem to get it's play stats updated while all other tracks do.

eos always sends Playback=1 to the server when it calls GetFile to stream files to device. You can verify this in the Media Network logs in MC. This value is what tells the server to update the playback statistics. If statistics aren't getting updated in some cases, it's probably a MC bug.

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #520 on: July 03, 2015, 09:22:11 am »

No bookmark toast appears. Is eos expecting to be shut down and restarted?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #521 on: July 04, 2015, 11:33:27 am »

No bookmark toast appears. Is eos expecting to be shut down and restarted?

Hm, you should be seeing a toast. Are you long pressing the stop button on the Playing Now page? It won't work from the widget; it isn't possible to detect long clicks on widgets.

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #522 on: July 07, 2015, 11:50:45 am »

A phone reboot did the trick, the feature works as expected!

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #523 on: July 12, 2015, 03:33:53 pm »

Just released v5.2.6 to Production! Simple bug fix this time. From the change notes:

Fixed in v5.2.6:
List filters were lost upon returning to the page

Cheers!

-L

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #524 on: July 16, 2015, 03:26:30 pm »

I just started using eos on my phone and find it very easy to use. I have 2 questions which I have seen discussed, but I not sure of the current status.

First, does eos run on a Kindle Fire HD and how would I install it?

Second, it seems like Internet radio stations only play on the MC player and not on my phone. Is that a restriction or do I need to do something different?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #525 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:35 pm »

I just started using eos on my phone and find it very easy to use. I have 2 questions which I have seen discussed, but I not sure of the current status.

First, does eos run on a Kindle Fire HD and how would I install it?

Second, it seems like Internet radio stations only play on the MC player and not on my phone. Is that a restriction or do I need to do something different?

eos requires Android v4.1 (API level 16), and it's only listed in the Google Play store.

You should be able to stream internet radio stations to your device. On the Zones page you can select Device, which will enable on-device playback. iirc, I think you need to enable Audio Conversion in Settings in order to get playback of internet radio streams to work.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #526 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:22 pm »

You should be able to stream internet radio stations to your device. On the Zones page you can select Device, which will enable on-device playback. iirc, I think you need to enable Audio Conversion in Settings in order to get playback of internet radio streams to work.

I have been away without Internet access for a few days.

When I try to play an Internet radio station on my phone, I get "A media player error has occurred :1". That is with both Audio Conversion and Mobile Audio Conversion set to MP3-Medium Bandwidth. This happens with the server set to Always Convert or Never Convert. I have no problem reading flac and other files. With these settings, Gizmo plays the radio stations. Not sure what is wrong.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #527 on: July 22, 2015, 11:07:32 pm »

When I try to play an Internet radio station on my phone, I get "A media player error has occurred :1".

Ok, I found the cause, almost entirely accidentally. Android's MediaPlayer APIs can't handle M3Us, so if your internet radio station was added using an M3U it would never play. MC also sends back the path to the stream, so I needed to change eos to use that instead. I guess the internet radio stations I had previously tested with didn't have this issue.

I'll push this change to Alpha to soak for a few days before I push it to production, to ensure that it hasn't broken anything.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #528 on: July 22, 2015, 11:10:07 pm »

I just pushed v5.3.0 to Production. New feature: an Equalizer for device playback! You'll find the Equalizer option in the action overflow menu on the Playing Now page, when the active zone is Device.

Cheers!

-L

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #529 on: July 23, 2015, 06:31:01 am »

Ok, I found the cause, almost entirely accidentally. Android's MediaPlayer APIs can't handle M3Us, so if your internet radio station was added using an M3U it would never play. MC also sends back the path to the stream, so I needed to change eos to use that instead. I guess the internet radio stations I had previously tested with didn't have this issue.

I'll push this change to Alpha to soak for a few days before I push it to production, to ensure that it hasn't broken anything.

That looks like the problem. My radio stations are M3U. I will look for the update when it is generally available. I can test it if you tell me how to get access to the Alpha. Thanks.

rlebrette

Re: Re : eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!
« Reply #530 on: July 29, 2015, 03:51:52 am »

Hi, I'm facing graphical problems when navigating from folder to folder. When a folder is clicked the new view is overlaping the previous one (they are stacked and transparent) This behavior seems only limited to 5.x devices. Any idea?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #531 on: July 29, 2015, 08:32:05 am »

Hi, I'm facing graphical problems when navigating from folder to folder. When a folder is clicked the new view is overlaping the previous one (they are stacked and transparent) This behavior seems only limited to 5.x devices. Any idea?

I've seen this happen a few times on my own devices. It's really rare, though, and I don't know how to reproduce it so I'm not sure where to begin looking for the problem. Swiping away the app from the task switcher and relaunching it always fixes it.

rlebrette

« Reply #532 on: July 30, 2015, 05:42:32 am »

I've seen this happen a few times on my own devices. It's really rare, though, and I don't know how to reproduce it so I'm not sure where to begin looking for the problem. Swiping away the app from the task switcher and relaunching it always fixes it.

Indeed this is a recurrent problem, but until now not reproducible... It's certainly related to a specific usage scenario that I've not yet understood. Whatever, when EOS display things correctly, it rocks!

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #533 on: July 31, 2015, 10:54:53 am »

Is there a quick way to navigate directly from the Now Playing screen to the currently playing artists catalog?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #534 on: August 02, 2015, 04:12:10 pm »

Is there a quick way to navigate directly from the Now Playing screen to the currently playing artists catalog?

You can long press on the Artists' name on the Playing Now page. This will perform a search, returning all results for that artist. (This also works for the album title & cover art, and the song title.)

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2015, 09:30:17 am »

You can long press on the Artists' name on the Playing Now page. This will perform a search, returning all results for that artist. (This also works for the album title & cover art, and the song title.)

Thanks for this, but is it possible to go back to the album view?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2015, 09:42:41 am »

Thanks for this, but is it possible to go back to the album view?

Nope. The metadata required to map the artist/album info back to a browse list isn't available. The best I can do is search for that tag.

prg02

• Recent member
« Reply #537 on: August 13, 2015, 05:23:02 pm »

Is it possible to use eos to stream from my server using another network?  I tried using Gizmo and it works but I tried wit eos and it does not work.  Does eos need to be on the same network as my MC?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #538 on: August 14, 2015, 01:05:14 am »

Is it possible to use eos to stream from my server using another network?  I tried using Gizmo and it works but I tried wit eos and it does not work.  Does eos need to be on the same network as my MC?

If it works in Gizmo it should be possible in eos. In eos' Settings, click Manage Servers, tap on the server you're trying to connect to, and ensure that "Remember connectable address" is unchecked.

prg02

• Recent member
« Reply #539 on: August 14, 2015, 06:05:55 pm »

If it works in Gizmo it should be possible in eos. In eos' Settings, click Manage Servers, tap on the server you're trying to connect to, and ensure that "Remember connectable address" is unchecked.

It worked. Thank you

Trumpetguy

« Reply #540 on: August 21, 2015, 11:31:30 am »

Feature request: As it is now, one has to connect to Chromecast first, then start movie. Making Chromecast icon visible after starting video playback on mobile device would make things more intuitive and simple.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #541 on: August 21, 2015, 01:38:33 pm »

Feature request: As it is now, one has to connect to Chromecast first, then start movie. Making Chromecast icon visible after starting video playback on mobile device would make things more intuitive and simple.

I disagree that your suggestion would make things more intuitive. Changing the playback location - e.g.: from a remote zone to streaming to the device - requires entering the Zones page. You can also choose to Chomecast from this page. If you select the Device zone, the assumption is that you want to play to your device, not to the Chromecast, otherwise you would have chosen Chromecast.

lessnoy

« Reply #542 on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:09 am »

For a long time has got your software.
Prompt, whether use of such situation is possible.
1. I use смартфон for management of music of the house, zones work perfectly (kitchen, sleeping, a living-room).
2. I leave on street and I sit down in the car. In car WiFi, Dlna, Airserver. And I cannot pass audio a stream in sound system of the car.
There are ideas in this regard?
Chromecast in the car did not put)

rlebrette

« Reply #543 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:48 am »

Would it be possible to add buttons in the theater view remote to:

Go back to main home screen
   MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=22001&Parameter=0

Launch the CD player (especially interesting when using JRiver without any screen on)
   MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=22001&Parameter=7
   MCWS/v1/Control/Key?Key=Enter&Focus=1

It could be also interesting to have some programmable buttons to call some specific functions (some kind of Car Radio buttons). But that's another matter.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #544 on: September 16, 2015, 09:39:30 pm »

For a long time has got your software.
Prompt, whether use of such situation is possible.
1. I use смартфон for management of music of the house, zones work perfectly (kitchen, sleeping, a living-room).
2. I leave on street and I sit down in the car. In car WiFi, Dlna, Airserver. And I cannot pass audio a stream in sound system of the car.
There are ideas in this regard?
Chromecast in the car did not put)

In the Zones list, the first item is "Device". This will allow you to stream content from your media server to your device. If you connected your phone to your car - e.g. from your phone's headphone jack to the car's AUX input - you'd be able to play the music in your car.

A few caveats:
  • Make sure that "Remember connectable address" is not checked in the server's configuration
  • You'll need to close and re-open eos once you've left your Wi-Fi network in order to get it to connect via the cell network

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #545 on: September 16, 2015, 09:46:29 pm »

Would it be possible to add buttons in the theater view remote to:

Go back to main home screen
   MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=22001&Parameter=0

Launch the CD player (especially interesting when using JRiver without any screen on)
   MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=22001&Parameter=7

It could be also interesting to have some programmable buttons to call some specific functions (some kind of Car Radio buttons). But that's another matter.

Home is a good idea - it's generally applicable, and I think that many would find it useful. As the name implies, the Theater Remote is meant to be used to control JRiver's Theater View; it's supposed to be used when the screen is on. I don't think I'll be adding a CD Player button.

rlebrette

« Reply #546 on: September 16, 2015, 11:47:42 pm »

Home is a good idea - it's generally applicable, and I think that many would find it useful. As the name implies, the Theater Remote is meant to be used to control JRiver's Theater View; it's supposed to be used when the screen is on. I don't think I'll be adding a CD Player button.

About the CD button, it's not a matter of where to put it in EOS, but a matter of having it. I think that actually there's no way to start playing CD/DVD/BRD from EOS (or any remote) without switching a screen on. Having it in any other location would be fine.

lessnoy

« Reply #547 on: September 21, 2015, 05:01:56 am »

In the Zones list, the first item is "Device". This will allow you to stream content from your media server to your device. If you connected your phone to your car - e.g. from your phone's headphone jack to the car's AUX input - you'd be able to play the music in your car.

A few caveats:
  • Make sure that "Remember connectable address" is not checked in the server's configuration
  • You'll need to close and re-open eos once you've left your Wi-Fi network in order to get it to connect via the cell network

At reconstruction of music in the car has managed wireless technologies, AUX did not begin to use.
At use in any conditions has noticed, what music hiccups (as though microstops of a sound), in what side to dig?

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #548 on: September 30, 2015, 03:07:55 pm »

Does anything need to be done to eos for it to work with the new Chromecast Audio?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #549 on: September 30, 2015, 07:25:41 pm »

Does anything need to be done to eos for it to work with the new Chromecast Audio?

Since it was just announced, I have no idea. :) I assume it'll work the same as the original Chromecast, except it'll only play the audio of whatever you cast to it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up