INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: duplicate cover art for one album  (Read 1748 times)

jmm007

• Recent member
duplicate cover art for one album
« on: May 22, 2014, 06:51:34 pm »

Hello
I am new to MC for the Mac. I have a album that has 12 songs. However each song is listed separately under a cover art. Please see attached pic. So in other words instead of the cover art being shown once will all 12 songs grouped together, I have 12 separate cover art pics; one for each song. Is there a way to fix this? I searched the forum and could not find this. I don't use iTunes so these are duplicated related to iTunes.

Thanks

Joe

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: duplicate cover art for one album
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 07:45:37 pm »

Hi jmm007,

Check that your Album names and Artist values are the same across the tracks.  If this is a compilation album, the Artists can vary, but then set Album Artist to either empty (to get MC's automatic grouping behavior of Multiple Artists), or set it to a single overriding value.

You can check the values across the tracks easily be selecting all the tracks for that album, and look at the values in the Tag Action Window.  If it says [Varies], then there is not a single value.  You can set the values there in that cell.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jmm007

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:19:14 am »

You can check the values across the tracks easily be selecting all the tracks for that album, and look at the values in the Tag Action Window.  If it says [Varies], then there is not a single value.  You can set the values there in that cell.

Hi,
Thanks, it worked. I just picked an artist in the album name column and populated all the tracks with the same artist name. All the tracks now show up under one album cover art.
Thanks so much
Joe

PS. This is really a cool piece of software and reasonably priced (in fact you could charge a lot more). The amount of customization that you packed in this program is mind boggling!!!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:52:08 am »

Great, thanks for the follow-up.

The JRiver folks will be happy to hear of your Kudos.  I'm just a user like you, and they read all the posts.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up