INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.136 -- Available Here  (Read 16869 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.136 -- Available Here
« on: May 23, 2014, 09:18:42 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190136.exe

19.0.136 (5/22/2014)

1. Fixed: When DSD files were transcoded to PCM over DLNA with sample rate set to "same as source", they were ending up with an unplayable sample rate of 2822400.  Now the sample rate is capped at 176400 on these transcodes.
2. Changed: Relaxed some error handling so that some malformed m4a/ALAC files can still be played in MC.
3. Faster: Uploading Cover Art and background images to the graphics card in Theater View is more efficient on Intel GPUs.
4. NEW: Added a time display to the main roller in the default Theater View skins in all views.
5. Changed: Internal change in television playback.  Please report anything odd, especially with set-top-box devices.
6. Changed: Eliminated unnecessary graph-building and tearing down when recording or running time-shifting on analog television tuner/capture devices.
7. Fixed: Slideshows for Image Playback were broken in 19.0.135 and skipping images.
8. Changed: The average frame rate calculation for Theater View rendering is more accurate.
9. Fixed: Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Game Edition Plus did not work in MC.
10. Fixed: Time-shifting and recording in jtv format did not work for Hauppauge HDPVR/Colossus/HDPVR2 video capture devices (if the device audio format was AAC).

19.0.135 (5/16/2014)

1. Fixed: The Rating Stars in the Standard View Playback Status were cut off when using 125% Size or greater.
2. Fixed: Starting to record a television program on a set-top-box device while watching the program live did not work (would show erroneous channel changing pop-up confirmation).
3. Fixed: Recording a television program while watching it live would result in two recordings (one might be very short).
4. Fixed: Watching a television program that was currently being recorded off a Set-top-box would result in erroneous channel-changing pop-up confirmation box.
5. Changed: Improved the loading of full resolution images in Theater View Cover views to reduce the visible sharpening effect when the thumbnail is replaced by the full resolution image.
6. Changed: Changed the way the timings for Theater View animations are calculated, which should lead to smoother animations while the GPU is busy.
7. Changed: The resolution of the cover textures in Theater View Cover Flow/List is automatically determined based on the screen resolution, instead of a hardcoded value.
8. Fixed: HTTP Live Streaming did not properly deliver a playlist on the first call to the Library Server since 19.0.133.

19.0.134 (5/13/2014)

1. Fixed: MP3 transcodes over media networking were reporting a content length 4096 bytes less than actual.  No real data was lost because of null padding at the end, but this might confuse a fussy renderer.
2. Fixed: When multiple STB channels were grouped into a single set of channels, if one device was in use, the other device might not work correctly.
3. Fixed: Installing plugins and connecting to a Library Server would fail if the User Profile Path included Unicode characters.
4. Fixed: Using "Auto Size All Columns" did not save the column width, causing the layout to reset on next load.
5. Fixed: Streaming MP3 to ChromeCast could cause playback to get stuck at the end of the file.
6. Fixed: Blu-ray/PGS subtitles could be shown too late, instead of at their appropriate display time.
7. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).

19.0.133 (5/8/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Fixed: MC could crash at the end of television channel scanning in some circumstances.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: HTTP Keep-Alive support wasn't working properly in all cases.
5. Fixed: The last segment in HTTP Live Streaming could get stuck in some players due to an invalid timestamp.
6. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.87.10.
7. Fixed: Progress reporting for video conversions was not reliable.
8. Fixed: The Prepare parameter of the MCWS File/GetFile function did not work.

19.0.132 (4/30/2014)

1. NEW: Added television subscription options "Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" and "Do not record reruns" to television options (Tools > Options > Television > Recording).  The choices will be automatically applied to every subscription recording unless the user overrides them.
2. Changed: Increased the threshold of the pseudo-surround detection to reduce the risk of false positives.
3. NEW: Added an option to disable pseudo-surround detection in Output Format DSP.
4. Changed: There are now 5 television recording priorities (previously only 3).
5. NEW: Added television recording option "Allow setting some details when scheduling recording in Theater View".
6. NEW: Detail List Views in Standard View show Series/Season artwork as the grouping thumbnail instead of an episode thumbnail.
7. Changed: Changing the Year/Month/Day fields will cause the Date field to be written to file tags.
8. Changed: List Edit windows allow using right-click on their background to bring up a context menu, in addition to right-clicking existing entries.
9. NEW: Support for exporting playlists in the Windows Media Player Playlist format (WPL Playlist).
10. Changed: Updated New Zealand DVB-T frequency table (thanks J-a-k-e).

19.0.131 (4/25/2014)

1. Changed: Updated satellite tuning parameter file for 28.2°E satellite (Astra 2F) to include the new transponder position for ITV HD in the United Kingdom.
2. Changed: Improved error resilience of SACD DST parsing.
3. Fixed: The Installer did not properly install TV related functionality in the last couple builds.
4. Fixed: The new MCWS function Television/GetRecordingSchedule did not return intended information.

19.0.130 (4/23/2014)

1. Changed: When the user switches from Display View to Theater view to browse TV guide grid, the currently playing show will remain in a small window even if the user selects a different program in the grid.
2. Changed: Minor corrections in Chinese language files.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
4. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Television/GetRecordingSchedule, to return a list of scheduled television recordings for the next specified number of hours.
5. Fixed: ReplayGain tags were not properly written to MP3 files during audio conversion.
6. Fixed: WASAPI notifications were not properly unregistered, which may have caused playback failure with some audio devices.
7. Fixed: SHOUTcast in Theater View was broken since early 2014 due to the service changing.
8. Changed: Removed categories from the Theater View YouTube plugin which all showed the same content.

19.0.129 (4/17/2014)

1. Fixed: WTV files always showed "unknown codec" in the Compression field.
2. Fixed: Some WTV/DVR-MS files did not play audio on some systems since 19.0.123.
3. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.2-1.
4. Fixed: Scanning for TV channels could cause MC to crash if remote control feature was off.
5. SDK: The MCWS web service responses set a CORS "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" header.
6. Fixed: Reading ID3v2 text tags with NULL padding could cause a semicolon to be added to the tag.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.136 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »

I have a problem with 19.0.136 - hdmi audio bitstreaming doesn't work for live TV - AMD 6310/e350 & Hauppauge HD PVR and I have to turn off time-shifting mode for analog tv because when enabled picture freeze (maybe because too high cpu use). I use Red October Standard.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 07:06:35 pm »

Not sure if it's just me, but whenever I try downloading cover art (Cover Art -> Get from internet...), MC crashes if it needs to download more than one batch. IE, select songs from 25 or so albums and try to download cover art.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:43:13 pm »

This build occasionally freezes unexplainably for some reason. I'll try to find a reproducible event ...

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 11:06:07 pm »

Time display is overlapping menu items on the main roller making it difficult to discern. Suggest better positioning or some way to hide underlying menu items.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 08:15:43 am »

One big annoyance for me is not being able to scroll horizontally (vertically works) in the main window using my notebook mousepad gesture (win 8.1, ELAN 11.7.19.9). Scrolling works as expected in explorer, firefox, etc. (but not chrome funnily enough; have to use chrome canary for that). I don't remember this working ever in jriver MC. A fix would be much appreciated.

221bBS

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 08:23:19 am »

It seems that MC cannot figure out if an album is complete [Complete Album] if it has 50+?? discs.

pgfiore

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 09:01:22 am »

I wonder if JR 19 works on Windows 8 N, as N family has no multimedia technologies. I have no Windows 8 on hands and cannot check whether no multimedia means no audio engine at all or simply a lack of user interface...

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 12:52:09 pm »

I wonder if JR 19 works on Windows 8 N, as N family has no multimedia technologies. I have no Windows 8 on hands and cannot check whether no multimedia means no audio engine at all or simply a lack of user interface...

I don't have Windows 8 either. But I am 99% sure that MC does not rely on any multimedia technologies of Windows.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 08:04:18 am »

I have a problem with 19.0.136 - hdmi audio bitstreaming doesn't work for live TV - AMD 6310/e350 & Hauppauge HD PVR and I have to turn off time-shifting mode for analog tv because when enabled picture freeze (maybe because too high cpu use). I use Red October Standard.

The changes I made was for exactly the same symptoms with HD PVR2.  I wonder what went wrong for HD PVR.  You use AC3 audio on it?  Please send me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com (please try the following first).

EDIT: Please try this DLL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33u9zfi1pe5mgez/JRTelevision.zip

Unzip and copy JRTelevision.dll into [MC19 install folder].
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 10:54:35 am »

Not sure if it's just me, but whenever I try downloading cover art (Cover Art -> Get from internet...), MC crashes if it needs to download more than one batch. IE, select songs from 25 or so albums and try to download cover art.

I can't reproduce this.  Any clues?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 11:30:05 am »

Whilst I stand to be corrected (Hendrik??), I believe the only thing that *won't* work correctly on N editions of Windows would be playback of DVDs (And I presume therefore ripped VOB files)
MC depends on the Microsoft DVD navigator filter to play DVDs, and AFAIK this is unavailable on N editions.

Other than that, I think you're OK :)

-Leezer-

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 12:12:20 am »

I've long witnessed a bug while trying to perform multiple file conversions at the same time: occasionally, random files will fail to convert. I was finally able to capture logs for this issue this evening. You'll find them attached, along with a screenshot of the conversion results.

I was trying to convert 20 files from FLAC to OGG, 8 at a time, to a new folder, leave files do not add destination to library. This only happens sporadically, but it's disconcerting that the action window shows the result as complete when this happens, even though (at least) one track failed. If I go to the folder where the files are supposed to end up, I see two temporary files that MC created - "Temporary Convert File - 3864.ogg" and "Temporary OGG File 3864.tmp". The former has file size 6,554KB, the latter 6,555KB.

I can safely delete the temp files and then perform another conversion of the failed files, which works fine. I'd guess MC is having an issue tagging and renaming the converted file, perhaps related to threading?
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 07:11:09 am »

Small problem, but....

When tagging the field 'Month', it uses a drop down menu, and for some reason 'January' isnt working and just leaves an empty, blank field when you try to apply it.   The rest of the months work fine. 
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 08:43:02 am »

Small problem, but....

When tagging the field 'Month', it uses a drop down menu, and for some reason 'January' isnt working and just leaves an empty, blank field when you try to apply it.   The rest of the months work fine. 

Confirmed.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 09:43:13 am »

Small problem, but....

Fixed next build.
Fixed: In-place editing the month would not accept January.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 09:51:03 am »

Fixed next build.
Fixed: In-place editing the month would not accept January.

Matt 1.0 did not accept January this year either.  On to Matt 2.0.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 01:49:58 pm »

The changes I made was for exactly the same symptoms with HD PVR2.  I wonder what went wrong for HD PVR.  You use AC3 audio on it?  Please send me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com (please try the following first).

EDIT: Please try this DLL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33u9zfi1pe5mgez/JRTelevision.zip

Unzip and copy JRTelevision.dll into [MC19 install folder]\TV subfolder.

When I copied dll to TV subfolder there were no changes, but when I replaced this dll at [MC19 install folder] TV works well (incl. hdmi audio bitstreaming). I use mostly PCM audio from STB, because when I used AC3 then changing channels was slow.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 07:24:35 am »

When I copied dll to TV subfolder there were no changes, but when I replaced this dll at [MC19 install folder] TV works well (incl. hdmi audio bitstreaming). I use mostly PCM audio from STB, because when I used AC3 then changing channels was slow.

Glad you have figured it out.  My instruction was bad.  It was meant to go into the MC19 install folder, not the TV subfolder.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 03:11:45 pm »

It would be nice to eliminate this bug, which is there since a long time.

This bug is related to this topic, because it wasn't there since this bug was solved.
Topic: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83249.0 (Loss of focus after start up)
Solution: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83249.msg568557#msg568557

To reproduce you have to:
1. Startup MC in Theatre View. (In Standard View playing now must be selected, because if something else is selected, it works normal)
2. Change Zone in Theatre View.
3. Then switch back to Standard View (Playing now!)->Then you will see that zone switched back to the one it was before.
4. Switching back to Theatre View also doesn't change the zone.

With this 'technique' i sometimes wiped out my playlist because i didn't notice this 'automatic zone switching' when i added a new playlist (In standard view) which was meant for the other zone.  >:(

Here an Example:
1. Startup - Theatre View (Standard View-> Playing now)
2. Switching zone in Theatre View
3. Switch to Standard View (Playing Now - As you can see zone switched back)
4. Switched back to Theatre view. 'Old' zone still active.
You have to ignore time. I had to take Picture one a second time, because this pic didn't have the right size.

Please MC, fix this behaviour...
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

Hendrik

• Administrator
MCWS problem
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 05:43:17 am »

To reproduce you have to:
1. Startup MC in Theatre View. (In Standard View playing now must be selected, because if something else is selected, it works normal)
2. Change Zone in Theatre View.
3. Then switch back to Standard View (Playing now!)->Then you will see that zone switched back to the one it was before.
4. Switching back to Theatre View also doesn't change the zone.

With this 'technique' i sometimes wiped out my playlist because i didn't notice this 'automatic zone switching' when i added a new playlist (In standard view) which was meant for the other zone.  >:(

This seems to function as designed. When you select Playing Now in Standard View, it doesn't only show the Playing Now for this zone, it also makes that zone the currently selected zone.
Which means if you switch back to Standard View, it returns to whatever page you were on before, and if that was Playing Now for a different zone, it'll also switch the zone back to that.

I admit it may not be ideal for your use-case, but its not a "bug" per se, as it does what its designed to do.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 08:19:31 am »

Sorry, but for what kind of using mc is that making sense?  ?

Every MC Version until now didn't change zones when switching Standard (Playing Now)/Theatre View.
And if i remember correct, MC 19 also didn't do this until Matt solved the bug i described above.
And why doesn't MC switch back to theatre view zone(when returning to Theatre View from Standard View), if that's the standard way mc handles this?

So i can't see that this is a 'feature' from MC. I don't think this behaviour is very 'user-friendly'.

Would be nice if you could revert this behaviour. It wiped out my playlists a few times, because of this.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

Hilton

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 08:34:46 am »

Issue: Wrong sample rate detected with remote library loaded. (EDIT: Never mind its working properly now don't know why!)

Running MC19 on local PC with HTPC library loaded and streaming 96kHz or greater files to local PC.

Streaming 96kHz / 24Bit from the HTPC it says its 44.1kHz / 24Bit.  (see attached pic)

Playing the same file back from the local PC library with a mapped drive back to the HTPC server it detects it properly.

Diony5u5

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 07:40:56 am »

Hi,

While testing the MC DLNA server with my Philips NP3900/12 I have noticed a bug when playing music files to the device (Send To).

Playing the files is OK, the NEXT function is OK but pressing PREVIOUS does not go back to the beginning of the track or previous track but moves on to the next track (same as NEXT functionality).

Originally found in 19.0.128 but I have downloaded this release and still behaves the same way.

BTW When using the NP3900/12 interface to read/control the album from the MC Server PREVIOUS/NEXT is working correctly.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 05:23:29 pm »

I can't reproduce this.  Any clues?

Nope... I finally got around to enabling logging to capture it and now it won't crash. So... nevermind, I guess. ;)

Actually, I take that back... it happened again. I'd attach the logs but the zip file is too big. Can I email it to somebody?

gappie

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 11:10:19 am »

also in 137 the playing now repeat settings 'repeat current item' or 'stop after each item' are not saved.

a bit more here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89325.msg613329#msg613329

:)
gab

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 11:47:28 am »

Bug: Huge delay switching tracks when bitstreaming DSD using gapped fade if you switch to another track during playback.
Only affects DSD bitstreaming, and other track change types are unaffected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up