INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinnacle Studio starts MC19?? (SOLVED!)  (Read 1702 times)

sKiZo

• World Citizen
Pinnacle Studio starts MC19?? (SOLVED!)
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:37:08 pm »

This is strange. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 15 is a video editing package. I start that, it loads, and next thing I know, MC19 is starting up also ...

Notice the "lpc opening" in the status bar at the top of the screen. Not a clue what that's about, but MC19 locks up there. Closed down Pinnacle and restart MC19 (only way MC will run right) and went into options looking for an "lpc" file format without success.

So, I close MC19 after Pinnacle opens (three fingered salute and kill in the task manager) and work in Pinnacle. Go to close that, and ... MC19 fires up again?? No lockups in MC19 when exiting Pinnacle.

I'm on a new computer now (Windows 8.1) but had the same issues in Windows XP ... this is REALLY getting annoying as I use both programs quite a bit. Windows 8 is annoying enough without any help, thankyewverymuch.

HEP ME! HEP ME PLEASE!!

UPDATE >> The "lpc opening" message apparently had something to do with improper playback settings. There was an error message opening up under the main window. Fixed that, and now Pinnacle still starts MC19, but at least it's not locking up.

Baby steps ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Pinnacle Studio starts MC19??
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

Search for ASIO in MC's Options.  Turn off the option to use MC as an ASIO driver.

Pinnacle is checking the ASIO interfaces on startup. 

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:25 pm »

Found it, turned it off, still no go ...  :'(

HOWEVER

You did get me going in the right direction. I found another topic that pointed to a Pinnacle patch for a similar problem.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85017.msg590026#msg590026

That links to Pinnacle's support site. Got out a BIG shovel and found the settings file for Pinnacle (they DO bury it deep on Windows 8), added the ASIO section as directed, and ... (drumroll please) ... wahoo!!  :-*

Surprising that turning off the ASIO driver inside MC's options didn't make a difference.

~~~

Long as I got your attention ... I had an expression column to limit the number of actors displayed in video to TWO ... lost it when my computer crashed and can't find it here. Seems like it was simple enough to do ... that'd be a killer folder or sticky - popular expressions us monkeys can copy ...

PS ... Thanx for the quick response. Still by and far the best media program I've ever had the pleasure of ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 08:05:36 pm »

If you had it once, you could backup your library now, restore an old backup, copy it, then restore the new backup.

Rebooting might have solved the ASIO problem, too.

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »

Nope ... reset the asio driver in options, saved the settings, closed MC19, rebooted, no improvement.

It was the Pinnacle patch that did the trick. Apparently that shuts off any and all ASIO lookups and forces the software to use DirectShow.

Anyway, problem solved, and I shall so edit the thread title ... thanx again for pointing me in the right direction. I'll start another thread for the expression thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up