INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: import into library from nas  (Read 1529 times)

lsdeep

import into library from nas
« on: May 29, 2014, 02:05:34 am »

first of all hello all  8)

just decided to give the linux flavour of jrmc a test-spin. as far as install etc. goes, all went smooth. everything that should be working at this point seems to work (as far as i can tell at this point).
anyway lets get to the problem at hand.

i configured the import path properly (at least i assume so - since it at least starts to import files of my nas). BUT for the 5th time now it crashes somewhere between 85k and 90k files while populating the library. thats basically about 10% of what i try to get in there. my understanding was that jrmc can handle large db without probs (compared to most m-mgrs). so far it seems the same crap in terms of db capabilities like any other m-mgr! the only reason i did not canned it sofar is the audiophile aspect, but i have to admit xbmc is very close there this days and actually works.

was wondering if others here have the same issue while importing large amounts of files!?

cheers, L

lsdeep

Re: import into library from nas
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »

hmm - really? nobody here has any experiences in regards to importing music libraries? seems kind of unlikely. really would to hear of you and your import advantures!!!

cheers, L

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:11:46 am »

I think we all have experience of importing music libraries but perhaps not that size - mine is 11,000 songs versus your ~900,000.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 12:54:51 pm »

I doubt very much it's a database limitation.
More than likely there's a corrupt or non-compliant file on your NAS that's causing the crash. Of course we shouldn't crash, just ignore the bad file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up