INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conflict: MC19 and HDTracks Downloader. Help!  (Read 1710 times)

LarryJRD

Conflict: MC19 and HDTracks Downloader. Help!
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:41:47 pm »

Where do I get the HD Tracks plugin for MC19?  So far, I haven't been able to find this.  I found this as the result of another, bigger problem:

The HD Tracks downloader doesn't work until I do a re-install....which clobbers MC19.  When I subsequently re-install MC19, the HD Downloader gets clobbered.  In both cases, the error message indicates either a missing core component or a missing key file.   Any thoughts??   As a side note, I started using HD Tracks before purchasing MC19.  I also note that JRiver apparently wrote the HD Tracks Downloader.  

Any help??   Thanks!  ---Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HD Tracks Plugin....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:09:52 am »

There isn't any plug-in.  The Downloader is available from HDtracks.  I'm not aware of any conflict.  Please check with HDtracks to make sure you have the right one.

LarryJRD

Re: HD Tracks Plugin....
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:35:26 pm »

Hmmm.  I did contact HDTracks....see following this post there response.  There may be no HDTracks plug-in....but on my Win 7 64bit system, there I am experiencing a conflict between the HDTracks downloader and MC19.  So, please, now be aware of at least one report of a conflict.  Note that HD Tracks response is pointing me back to Media Center.  Also, When I run the HD Tracks downloader, the MC19 icon changes to the HDTracks Downloader icon on my quick-launch bar.  

Thanks for generally a great product, and getting back to me.   ---Larry

----------------reply from HD Tracks:

Hi Larry,

No. We would not know what is going on with something like that. You might have to the media player setting or contact their support as we would not know anything about their interface. But obviously if there is an issue with your download just let us know.

Sincerely,
HDTracks Support Team@

www.hdtracks.com

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Larry Johansen <larryj> wrote:

Thanks.  I got things to download properly...sort of.  But there seems to be a conflict between JR Media Center and HDTracks Downloader, where one is expecting a plugin/extension in the other.  Re-installing the HDTracks Downloader works....but clobbers JR MC.   Re-installing JR MC then works...but there appears to be a missing plug-in extension for HD Tracks.   Thoughts??

Thanks!  --Larry Johansen

LarryJRD

Conflict: MC19 and HDTracks Downloader
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:10:16 pm »

Okay....more detail on my problem:  I just ordered more files from HDTacks using Internet Explorer.  When I went to complete the order, the website attempts to open the HDTracks Downloader, and I get the following error message:

The following module has failed to load:

d:\Program Files(86) HDTracks downloader.exe

It has reported the following error:

Failed to load JRTools

Please reinstall the latest version of the program.

Note the "Failed to load JRTools." So, per instructions, I reinstall the HDTracks downloader from a saved copy of HDtracksDownloader190060.exe.  I get the same error message, which disappears after a few seconds, the downloader apparently installs, looks for the purchased files, and begins downloading.  It also changes the quicklaunch icon of JRiver Media Center 19 to the HDTracks icon.  Sebsequently, when I try to launch JRiver Media Center 19, I get the following error message:

The following module has failed to load:

d:\Program Files(86) Media Center 19.exe

It has reported the following error:

Failed to load JRTools

Please reinstall the latest version of the program.

Again, note the "Failed to load JRTools" again...are there two different versions of JRTools?  Then, if I reinstall JR Media Center 19, it will work.....until I again need to use the HDTracks Downloader.   As a side, I like JRiver MC19, and am beginning to get used to it.  However, the currently obligatory sequential re-installations  every time I want to purchase music from HDTracks is a pain.  I am runniing Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium on my desktop.   I have also copied this content to the HDTracks support folks.  Hope you and they can sort this out, rather than just pointing at each other.  Thanks!

Regards,  --Larry Johansen

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Conflict: MC19 and HDTracks Downloader. Help!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:05:25 pm »

Are you running as a Limited User?  How about UAC on the system?  Did you install the HDTracks downloader with MC still running, perhaps?

I just tested.  I downloaded the current HDTracks downloader, and installed it (19.0.60, as you mentioned).  Then, I made sure to close out of Media Center (including the Library Server in the tray) and installed it.  Note: I don't know if this makes a difference, but since they're both built upon some of the same shared components, this seemed like a good idea.

Anyhow... It installed and worked.  Then, I closed it, and opened MC.  MC did raise the UAC prompt then (as it does when you run MC18 and then try to run MC19 again, for example), but then after I approved it, MC loaded and worked fine.

Then, I tried, with MC still open, to re-open the HDTracks downloader, and this also worked fine.

So... I'm thinking the fact that it can't register JRTools dll (which is what it seems like is happening, and what caused that UAC prompt on my system) is the culprit.

I'd uninstall the HDTracks downloader.  Then, for good measure, install the latest build of MC (over top, even if you already have it).  Then, with MC closed completely, install the HD Tracks downloader.  That might be all it takes, but post back if there's anything odd about your setup.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

LarryJRD

Re: Conflict: MC19 and HDTracks Downloader. Help!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 04:50:42 pm »

Thanks, glynor.  First, everything is now working!  <GRIN!> 

However, there was a bit of weirdness getting there.  Per your suggestion, I went into Contol Panel to uninstall HDTracks.  The subsequent message panel asked if I wanted to uninstall MC19, not HDTracks.  Somehow, these got cross-wired, it looks like.  Anyway, I said yes, and both programs were gone.  Okay....   So I re-installed MC19, confirmed it was working.  I then installed HDTracks.  So far, everyone is happy.  I haven't yet had the courage to try and download from HDTracks using the HDTracks service within MC19....that may have been what initially caused my grief, not sure.

Anyway, THANKS for the help, support, hand-holding. 

Regards,  Larry

Pages: [1]   Go Up