INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, Move & Copy files not working  (Read 2217 times)

maged918

• Recent member
Rename, Move & Copy files not working
« on: June 08, 2014, 10:53:27 am »

Hello!

I was trying to move some files using Rename, Move & Copy files, but it gave me this error: "Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read only, and are not in use by any other program."

Anyone else had this error? The files are not read-only and there is no other program accessing them.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rename, Move & Copy files not working
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:46:11 pm »

Do the files play?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:34:29 am »

Hello!

I was trying to move some files using Rename, Move & Copy files, but it gave me this error: "Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read only, and are not in use by any other program."

Anyone else had this error? The files are not read-only and there is no other program accessing them.

Look at number 4 on this list.

maged918

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:13:49 am »

Do the files play?

Yes, the files play normally.

Look at number 4 on this list.

I'm sorry I didn't see it before.. Thing is even just renaming the files (not moving them) gives the same error. But anyways, since you know about the issue hope it will be fixed soon :)

grizzlebizzle

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 02:50:57 am »

Is there any chance this is going to be fixed sooner rather than later? It is kind of a major issue, at least for me anyway, as this is really the primary reason I own and use MC on Windows (since version 12 or so). Unlike other MC functionality (such as playback) I haven't been able to find a Linux app that does a decent job of this, either. I have been holding back on buying a Linux license because it is not usable at this point and it is the one feature I really need from the software. I am continuing to have to run Win MC inside a VM when I need to rename files. It does not seem like a major effort to fix (at least one issue is just parsing strings for forward slash vs backslash).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:30:03 am »

Is there any chance this is going to be fixed sooner rather than later? It is kind of a major issue, at least for me anyway, as this is really the primary reason I own and use MC on Windows (since version 12 or so). Unlike other MC functionality (such as playback) I haven't been able to find a Linux app that does a decent job of this, either. I have been holding back on buying a Linux license because it is not usable at this point and it is the one feature I really need from the software. I am continuing to have to run Win MC inside a VM when I need to rename files. It does not seem like a major effort to fix (at least one issue is just parsing strings for forward slash vs backslash).
This one is at the top of the list. It wasn't just the forward vs backslash though, fixed that last week..
Pages: [1]   Go Up