INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast specific directory for uploading to Drives & Devices  (Read 929 times)

CoreyG

Just started trying JRiver and am loving it so far.

However, there doesn't seem to be a way to upload podcasts to a different directory than music on portable devices. My Sony walkman handles podcasts differently than music and stores them in a podcast specific folder.

If JRiver is capable of this and I'm simply missing it, please enlighten me. Otherwise, I think that the ability to upload podcasts to a seperate location than music would be a great feature to add to JRiver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Podcast specific directory for uploading to Drives & Devices
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:08 pm »

It's true that podcasts use the audio directory on a handheld.

What handheld shows a problem with that?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CoreyG

Re: Podcast specific directory for uploading to Drives & Devices
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 06:50:22 pm »

My Sony Walkman is an NWZ-E475, and it doesn't have a problem with it. It's just that when the podcast is uploaded to the music folder, it shows up under the "music" section in the mp3 player navigation as opposed to the "podcast" section. The reason that I'd prefer to upload it to the podcast section is because my player marks podcasts that I haven't listened to yet and keeps my place if I stop in the middle of a podcast. I know for certain that it doesn't mark new podcasts when placed in the music folder, and (although I don't have time to test it) I assume it wont keep my place in the podcast when saved there either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up