INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing audio tracks takes a few seconds  (Read 879 times)

debacle

• Recent member
Changing audio tracks takes a few seconds
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:18:30 pm »

Hi,

I'm using latest stable version (19.0.128) and my media is on a network drive.  When I'm listening to audio, and manually switch tracks (e.g., double-clicking a different track in the Now Playing list), MC pauses for between 2 and 4 seconds before the new track begins to play.

This doesn't happen when I use other popular media/music libraries.

This may also be happening for video media - not sure, because I'd expect some delay in that case, and haven't compared video to other programs.

I'm guessing some processing/preloading is going on?  Re-calculating Smart Playlists?  I have "Play files from memory" disabled.  The Modified Date on the actual files isn't changing.  I'm just wondering what sorts of features I should try disabling and/or switches I should try flipping to narrow it down.

To those that reply: thank you, and let me know what other helpful info I can provide.

Thanks,
Beau

debacle

• Recent member
Re: Changing audio tracks takes a few seconds
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:28:53 pm »

Ok!  Should have experimented a bit more before posting.  I had the active zone linked to another one - unlinking them makes things pretty snappy.  Guess that might not be a usable setup for me - ah well!

I'll probably try to figure out why the delay happens when the zone is linked.  Any thoughts welcome and appreciated.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Changing audio tracks takes a few seconds
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:43:13 pm »

Ok!  Should have experimented a bit more before posting.  I had the active zone linked to another one - unlinking them makes things pretty snappy.  Guess that might not be a usable setup for me - ah well!

I'll probably try to figure out why the delay happens when the zone is linked.  Any thoughts welcome and appreciated.

Some delay is pretty typical of my experience with linked zones.  I suspect the delay is to synchronize the two zones (i.e. trying to make sure both are starting at the same time).  In my own experience, it tends to be faster if the two linked devices are both directly connected to the same computer; link ups that involve DLNA or remote zones seem to take much longer when linked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up