INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm having trouble Buying Media Jukebox  (Read 1699 times)

Alan

I'm having trouble Buying Media Jukebox
« on: February 13, 2002, 02:26:09 pm »

I'm using MJ 8.0.203 on a Win XP Pro box.  Last night between 10:00pm and 1:00am I tried to buy MJ 4 times (using Help | Buy Media Jukebox...).  Each time the 3 step buy dialog box got stuck (I beleive it was always on the 2nd step).

First thing this morning, I tried again only to receive a "Buy Button" dialog box that tells me "Error retrieving price information for the server."

This evening I cleared and reentered my customer 2 more times only to have the same problem.  Additionally, I downloaded the program from the ftp site (rather than Help | Check for updates...) only to still have the same problem (the "Buy Button" dialog pops up).

First I would like to confirm that my credit card has not been billed and secondly, any assistance that would allow me to purchase MJ would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...  Alan

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:I'm having trouble Buying Media Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 04:22:48 pm »

If the purchase is unsuccessful, your card is not charged.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Alan

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 04:32:36 pm »

I've updated to MJ 8.0.205.  I no longer receive the "Error retrieving ..." message.  

Now I'm back to the initial problem that is after entering all of my purchase information a dialog with 3 steps appears:  
 1) Sending Encrypted Data
 2) Authorizing Credit Card
 3) Registering Software

At the bottom of the dialog, the message "Getting authorization result" is displayed.  I've waited for more than 15 minutes 2 times now without success.

A couple of things that I find interesting are:
 1) while this dialog is being displayed, my machine seems to lockup for up to 30 seconds (unable to move mouse or diaplay start dialog) about every 2 minutes; however, the CPU never increases (per Win XP task manager)
 2) once I press cancel I have no internet connectivity.  I have a cable modem connected to a Linksys BEFSR11 router.  The only way I can recover is to issue the commands "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" from a DOS command prompt.

Any ideas?  I would really like to purchase MJ 8.

Thanks...  Al

JimH

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 04:51:11 pm »

The router may be blocking the return connection.
Jim Hillegass

Alan

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 05:53:11 pm »

This is my 3rd time to ask for assistance...

I've been using this very same Linksys router for the past 2 years.  To the best of my knowledge, I have not had a single problem with it.  What "exactly" do you recomend that I do in order to purchase MJ 8.0?

Thanks...  Al

Number6Dance

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2002, 08:37:12 pm »

I've been trying to give them my money for two weeks now.  Every time, without fail, my system (win2k pro) crashes on the 2nd step of credit card process.  Complete hard re-boot, just like pressing the reset button.  When I posted a couple weeks ago, Nikolay said a new credit card transaction interface would be in last Friday.  Last Friday came and went- when I asked again JimH said that we'd be notified when a new interface was available.  A week later and we're still waiting...

It seems to me that the ability to receive payment for a desireable product might be a priority here!  I'm hanging in there for now, but how many others have punted?  My experience is that cash flow is a critical part of any business model.  Take my money, please!!!

JimH

Jim Hillegass

Alan

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2002, 06:22:40 pm »

I guess this is my final time to ask for help (4th try).  I've been wasting far too much effort attempting to buy MJ 8.0 without any success.  The thread you reference advises that I check for updated drivers.  I've had no luck there.  How could an updated sound driver resolve an error "Getting authorization result"?  Seems like a wild goose chase to me but I took the time to check it out.

I used to get aggrivated with people that would blow their top so quickly and be disrespectful to you guys after not getting help as quick as they thought they deserved...  Now I'm one of them!  I really wanted to support the development effort on this fine product.  That is very difficult to do when the only method available to purchase it doesnt work.  Anyway, I'm off as the license has expired and I'm unable to get any useful assistance here.

Thanks...  Al

azure

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2002, 06:32:43 pm »

I am having exactly the same trouble as Alan. It stops in exactly the same place and it hangs my computer in exactly the same way. I also have a Linksys cable modem and XP. Too much of a coincidence to be a problem with drivers on individual machines..

Number6Dance

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2002, 07:38:55 pm »

Am I missing something here?  Apparently I'm not the only one having difficulty purchasing MJ8- others are frustrated and giving up.  People want to pay for your product, but can't!  Why would you not be dropping everything else to get this fixed immediately?  It's not like the online credit card transaction code hasn't been cracked out there- every other online purchase I've tried to make just plain works.  Why is this different?  Am I missing something here?  I want you to have my money- please take it so I can enjoy your product for more than 30 days!

JimH

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2002, 04:20:16 am »

> I used to get aggrivated with people that would blow their top so quickly and be disrespectful to you guys after not getting help as quick as they thought they deserved...

Thanks.  We are working on this, but it is difficult to fix when we can't reproduce it.
Jim Hillegass

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2002, 11:31:56 am »

There was a bug fix in the BuyButton component as of build 8.0.205. Anyone with an older build of version 8 should try updating to the latest (8.0.207).
If you have the latest build and are still having problems, if you're willing to try to isolate where the problem is occurring (we can't reproduce the behavior here), please email me at johnt@jriver.com and I can send out a "debug" version that might narrow down where the problem is.

Alan, it sounds like you are already on version 8.0.205, which version are the rest of you on (azure, Number6Dance)?

Thanks.

John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2002, 12:04:23 pm »

For people with MJ version 7, you can download the buy button DLL component with the bug fix from this link:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/buyb12.dll

Please install it into your system directory (system32 on nt/2k/xp, system on win95/98/me).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

azure

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2002, 04:24:23 pm »

Hi,

I have the 8.0.207. John, I will be emailing you...Thanx for the quick response..Bye

azure

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2002, 09:32:39 am »

Hi,

Still having problems buying MJ. Am on build 8.0.211. I have Win XP. Did the problem clear up for anyone else with the shift to the new builds??

Thanks

gateley

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2002, 09:03:52 am »

We are still working on this. The fix (though it did fix a bug) didn't affect this problem. In spite of the noise, relatively few people are affected, which makes it that much more difficult for us to track down (we can't reproduce it here in house).

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up