INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.205 Beta Available...  (Read 5380 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.205 Beta Available...
« on: February 13, 2002, 01:25:21 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.205 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Playlist groups would show up as "ordered".
2. Changed: Search engine always processes post-process commands (~) even for searches-in-searches.
3. Fixed: Media Jukebox wouldn't ever ignore the "directory" rule when renaming from file info.
4. Fixed: Unrating rating would show as "0" in Media Library view schemes.
5. Fixed: Better handling of numeric fields (year, rating, etc.) in Media Library view schemes.
6. Fixed: Quick-play menu wasn't filled properly. (broken 8.0.203)
7. Changed: Song skipping (from filters, etc.) is now directional.
8. Changed: Track info replaces new-lines with breaks when replacing fields.
9. Changed: Status bar displays 1024-based MB instead of 1000-based.
10. NEW: Added ~s### search limiter. (limits to ### MB)
11. Fixed: Visualization could not be disabled.
12. Changed: Visualization disabled state now saved.
13. Fixed: Install Wizard would let Installation continue without user accepting license.
14. Fixed: Recently Played and Top Hits would show files that hadn't been played.
15. Fixed: Purchasing of MJ was broken.
16. Fixed: Could not rename non-existant files using "File Properties".
17. Changed: Updated Party Mode dialogs.
18. Changed: Playing Now saved with changes like all other db files. (better in case of crashes, etc.)
19. Fixed: Entering and exiting Party Mode could cause a crash.
20. NEW: Media Jukebox now supports NTLM authentication.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
RE:MJ 8.0.205 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 01:30:02 pm »

>>20. NEW: Media Jukebox now supports NTLM authentication
Al Daniels - Say What
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 01:33:29 pm »

The install wizard shows 7.x when installing plugins (it was too fast so I couldn't make out the x) when first installing MJ.

When rebooting, it also showed 7.1 when installing the rest of the files (this was on 203, it didn't reboot this time and wasn't sure if you got it yet)

Bryan

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 01:37:47 pm »

#20   NTLM = NT Lan Manager.  

Not sure how this applies to MJ though..

Bryan

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2002, 01:43:35 pm »

Was the MP3 ripping problem resolved. It's not mentioned.
Namaste,
John

Gatobrit

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2002, 01:50:33 pm »

Click on the album cover on the Tube track-info screen and "Page cannot be displayed" appears - I don't know what is supposed to be displayed but after this you need to switch song in order to get the tube display back.
Namaste,
John

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2002, 01:54:20 pm »

That NTLM thing means that MJ will now authenticate properly through proxy servers (MS Proxy at the very least) and allow us to download web pages and plugins at work. Next Page Raymond had me beta test it and it works great. Next Page

Harry the Hipster

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2002, 02:09:09 pm »

Per the prior thread, burner still maxes out at 2x. Settings reads the burner correctly, generic driver unX'd, 12x speed selected, but when the burn CD icon is clicked, burn dialogue still remains set at 2. Changing max speeds in settings doesn't affect it.

Have closed out, re-opened, rebooted.

HTH

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2002, 02:54:01 pm »

[continued from 203 thread]

1. On playback, the ALT setting of Between Tracks does not work for clicking the Play button with ALT key pressed...only works for ALT-clicking the Next and Prev keys.  So, you cannot change your playback method for a particular play session using the ALT Between Tracks setting...you are forced to change the Default Between Tracks setting.  Seems like this great ALT functionality is missing one feature (IMHO)...

Gatobrit

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2002, 03:18:40 pm »

Hi - put a CD in the drive (Bruce Springsteen / Greatest Hits) and CDDB took an awful long time to come back tell me there was a time out. After clearing the message MJ then crashed - XP gave me this info...

AppName: media jukebox.exe  AppVer: 8.0.205.0  ModName: media jukebox.exe
ModVer: 8.0.205.0  Offset: 00176820

I restarted MJ and clicked on the device and I got the same error again.
Namaste,
John

LCtheDJ

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2002, 04:15:55 pm »

If fadeout on stop is used (either standard or alt), the play button does not return to the play symbol for an excessive amount of time - 5-7 seconds AFTER the music has stopped.

Raymond

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2002, 04:16:32 pm »

Sorry… I should have been more descriptive on that NTLM thing. I have to thank doof for the test, we tried to install NTLM on our own proxy but it did not work. I guess MS and its security thing just won't fit in JRiver.

scub

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2002, 05:08:46 pm »

Reported this in previous builds but still not fixed.

In collage visualizations, the cover_art is not updated when the track changes.  If I am in visualization studio and make a change to the current collage visualization the cover updates.

Also in "cover art spectrum" visualization, it is completley blank.  The Spectrum Analyzer won't work with an image.  If I swith it back to gradient it works, but no cover art.

scub

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2002, 05:13:14 pm »

O ya I'm running Windows 98SE  and tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Also,
Pulling up properties on large amount of files (over 100) takes a very long time to pull up.  I almost gave up and then it finally popped up.

When trying to copy an image from webpage to put in cover art in file properties it fails sometimes.  Error message "failed to copy bitmap".  The message seems to come up randomly sometimes it works sometimes it fails.

scub

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2002, 05:20:09 pm »

When I click on images in Track Info pages such as tube it brings up a larger image of the cover art.  Thats good now how do I get back?  Back button and previous button on toolbar won't take me back to main track info window.

scub

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2002, 05:22:43 pm »

Here's another,

When I'm working in another program and try to click on MJ on taskbar to get it back on screen nothing happens, the current application stays on screen.  I have to right click and restore to get it to come up.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2002, 05:25:14 pm »

Metamorphis doesn't handle child windows correctly. They don't seem to be restored by using LoadSkinState, and they don't restore properly after a minimize/restore. (I'm going to continue reporting this as a bug until it's either fixed, or somebody explains to me why my skins don't work right. Next Page)

Statistics are great. How about expanding them to show other fields as well, like Genre, Year, etc. and show file counts as well as file sizes in each view?

When you enter Party Mode, the dialog box that explains what Party Mode is has text that is cut off.

Track Info : Okay, having Track Info as a vis plugin is nice, because it allows you a view of Track Info and your playlist by going to Main. But (there's always a but), resizing MJ while viewing Track Info (or resizing the pane divider, or the vis window if viewing in a window) causes all kinds of messy refreshes/flashing.
And, switching to mini-me while Track Info is displayed, shows Track Info in mini-me's vis window instead of a visualization like it used to. I understand why it does that, but I don't think it should. Track Info is completely useless in mini-me. And now I have to manually switch to a vis. Before I could have Track Info open in MEGA-ME, then switch to mini-me and automatically have a vis.
MJ also will not come to focus by clicking on it's taskbar button while viewing Track Info.

Visualizations : MJ doesn't allow me to select vis plugins that I've created. I can open them in Vis Studio and MJ will then play them, however.

Auto-Expand Branches : None of their respective toolbar buttons cause the branches to auto-expand the way they do when you click on that branch. This goes for Playing Now, Media Library, Playlists, and Devices.

Request : Thank you for adding Play, Send To, etc. to all of the branches beneath Media Library. Can we also get these for Media Library itself? So the actions will be carried out on everything displaying in Media Library? Also, can we get File Properties on all branches?

Request : Can we get a % indicator on the Startup Volume option?

Request : Can we get a Quick Skin menu in mini-me?

Request : How about using the Status Bar to display Repeat, Shuffle, and Filter modes?

Download Manager Suggestions :

Start with Windows
Start Minimized
Minimize to System Tray
Hide System Tray Icon

Allow RESUMING!!

Allow dragging of files within Download Manager to change the queue order.

Add "Pause This Download" and "Pause All Downloads"

Add a "Download Now" right click command that would override the Maximum number of downloads setting and start downloading that file, regardless of where it is in the queue.

Add toolbar buttons for many of the commands (Cancel Download, Clear, Download Now, etc.)

An automatic FTP search that will search for the file you're downloading on numerous FTP sites and automatically download from the fastest one.

Other things I'd like to see, but really aren't that important :

An indication of how far along each piece of a Fragment Download is. The best implementation of this I've seen is an actual split progress bar, where each split represented a fragment.

Skin support.

That cool new Column Auto-Size technology you guys developed for MJ.

Automatic virus scanning using whatever anti virus software you have installed.

An actual byte count on files downloaded via fragment download.

sdcoochie

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2002, 05:28:47 pm »

Since the last two builds I do not have the track info button that displays in the playing now screen. I have only Main, Playlist and Display tabs. I'm using 205 and this started in 203. Is there anyway to get this back or must I do a complete reinstall?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2002, 05:29:10 pm »

Quick Play Suggestion : Currently, we can't Quick Play a playlist group. We also get messy playlist lists such as "Genre Weighted Playlist\Rock - 60". How about handling playlists and playlist groups the same way that Media Views are handled in Quick Play. A Playlist Group will be have branches for each playlist/smartlist inside of it, and if you double click the playlist group, MJ plays that entire group, just like it would for an album if you double clicked the album name in Quick Play.

This way we can play Playlist Groups from Quick Play and we also get rid of the messy playlist names.

scub

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2002, 05:41:47 pm »

doof--
to get your old visulizations back you have to move them to a new folder.  C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Visualizations\Vis Studio and then pick a folder.

This was a recent change and if you created any track info pages you have to move those as well.  

At least it worked for me.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2002, 05:47:05 pm »

sdcoochie> They've moved TrackInfo into the Visualizations. Go to either Main or Display, right click and for Display plugin, choose Track Info.

It's funny that you should bring that up, because I was just going to come in here, and for the first time ever, say that I don't like one of the changes in 8. At first, I did. But the more I use it, the more I miss being able to easily switch to Track Info with one click, rather than having to navigate a menu. I typically like to have Track Info open in MEGA-ME, and then switch to mini-me and have a vis running, and now I can't do that either.

What is gained is that we can now see Track Info and Playing Now's playlist at the same time, and that's a good thing. So one step forward and two steps back (for me at least).

Can you enlighten us as to why this change was made?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2002, 05:51:51 pm »

doof--
to get your old visulizations back you have to move them to a new folder. C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Visualizations\Vis Studio and then pick a folder.

You know... I knew that. I just forgot I knew. Next Page

But I did copy them in the last time this was pointed out. It seems the MJ installer is removing them during installation. I guess it's a good thing I had them backed up somewhere else.

The same goes for Track Info templates. They're being removed during installation as well. Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup copy of those.

I'm tempted to growl in frustration, but I'll opt instead to listen to Scronch's version of "Yesterday" instead. Next Page

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2002, 06:22:51 pm »

Visualizations are still very unstable. MJ just crashed in module vsc_default.dll after listening to music for about 10-15 minutes.

Van Tran

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2002, 07:28:41 pm »

Unable to rip CD since version 8.0.203.  Error message: "Media Jukebox has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Media Jukebox will now close."  

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.205

CPU: AMD Athlon 1008 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.10

leonidas

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2002, 08:17:15 pm »

when CDDB doesn't recognize a CD, and that "we don't recognize this CD" dialog comes up: if you choose cancel, MJ crashes; if you fill out and submit the form, MJ crashes. Has been the case here for the past couple of builds.

Michael

phatrabt

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2002, 11:25:23 pm »

Seems like there might be a bug in the database or something has corrupted mine...

D-Click in Explorer with MJ Open:  Plays fine
D-Click in Explorer with MJ Closed: Crash with "Critical Error: Media Jukebox failed to properly save it's database."

Any suggestions?  Thanks guys!

phatrabt

System Specs and Build:

Media Jukebox  8.0.205

CPU: AMD Athlon 1393 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 371 MB

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.000

Markus

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2002, 11:54:01 pm »

Every half minute or so MJ8.205 comes up with a messagebox saying "Critical error: Media Jukebox failed to properly save its database." It let's me not choose anything but "OK". It is the first time I encounter this. This did not happen with earlier builds.
Please also check my post on the topic "tags" about problems with *.ape files.
MJ is great. Thanks.
-Markus

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2002, 12:34:03 am »

I cannot click on GENERIC DRIVER in the CD-Writer options. I can click on it but it doesn't check the box.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

RazorFace

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2002, 04:59:14 am »

Still have the problem with MJ closing without comment when clicking on the "Rip CD" button.  This has been a problem since prior to build 8.0.203.
---<br>RazorFace<br>----<br>Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0<br><br>CPU: Intel Pentium III 803 MHz MMX<br>Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB<br>OS: Microsoft

LCtheDJ

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2002, 05:20:38 am »

RazorFace, according to your system data, you are using 8.0.197.  We're working on 8.0.205  now.  Maybe the reason why you're having the old problems still is because you're using an older version?

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2002, 05:33:26 am »

"Per the prior thread, burner still maxes out at 2x. Settings reads the burner correctly, generic driver unX'd, 12x speed selected, but when the burn CD icon is clicked, burn dialogue still remains set at 2. Changing max speeds in settings doesn't affect it.
Have closed out, re-opened, rebooted.

HTH"

I can confirm that. It only burns at 2x speed.

CD-drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W2410
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1799 MHz MMX

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2002, 05:37:22 am »

Digital playback is poppy and scratchy, with periodic speed variations in playback tempo
Analog is fine

CD-rom drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1798 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 340 MB

Raymond

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2002, 05:42:47 am »

Doof

>>Download Manager Suggestions:
It looks like you want a full-scale download management program Next Page We will see what we can do regarding your suggestions, among other suggestions requested by others.

It seems that you're using fragment downloads as your default. I found that there is no significant advantage in speed when using fragment downloads so some of the features weren't implemented for it, for now.

At this stage, we’re concentrating on stability issues before the MJ first release. New features will definitely be added after that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ray

Gatobrit

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2002, 07:48:48 am »

Hi - MJ doesn't restore after being minimized to the taskbar. When you click on the taskbar button it "click in" but MJ doesn't reappear.

If you right click and select "Restore" then it pops up fine.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1540 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 34 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
Namaste,
John

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2002, 08:11:50 am »

when inserting audio cd, cdddb dialoque hangs there with nothing happening, and after some minutes reports a timeout.
I click "ok" on that, and MJ crashes.

marysm

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2002, 08:39:19 am »

Can't launch new verion.

It tells me my trail is over and only gives the options to upgrade or learn more about mj.

Stuck.

Gatobrit

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2002, 09:15:01 am »

MJ has a 30 day trial period. Have you previously purchased it? If not, now's the time I guess.
Namaste,
John

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2002, 09:24:53 am »

Gatobrit

she has reported it crashes on her when she tries to buy
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Ilmar

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2002, 09:40:46 am »

Hi

I think I am about uninstall and go back to an earlier Beta...
Since 203, I am missing all my lyrics, notes, covers and biographies in my
own designed trackinfo page..

TRACKINFO_INSERT_TRACKPATH - full path to the currently playing file, still doesn't work, and the index page will not scroll either. Is this something that will be fixed eventually, or have these functions been removed for something slicker?

Ilmar

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2002, 09:43:51 am »

Ilmar,

TRACKINFO_INSERT_TRACKPATH  should be fixed in next build.

Nikolay

Ilmar

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2002, 09:45:12 am »

BIG Phew !

Next Page

Sandy

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2002, 10:01:50 am »

Got the following W98se error message using Media Scheduler to start playing:

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module MSVCRT20.DLL at 017f:7fc37939.
Registers:
EAX=817d02b8 CS=017f EIP=7fc37939 EFLGS=00010212
EBX=0000c000 SS=0187 ESP=008cfba8 EBP=008cfbfc
ECX=205f338e DS=0187 ESI=817d2000 FS=1997
EDX=bffc9490 ES=0187 EDI=7fc66460 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
f3 a5 8b c8 83 e1 03 f3 a4 8b 45 fc 3d 00 01 00
Stack dump:
00000000 0000040a 0000c000 00000044 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 bff741f7 00000011 bff54e68 00017ce4 00000040 0000506f

leonidas

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2002, 10:16:38 am »

Last night I asked MJ 8.0.205 to convert about 1700 ape files to mp3s (keep original, delete wavs when done, update MJ, different destination selected)and then I went to bed. This morning, 700 or so were converted and on the hard drive, and about 300 or so were listed in the MJ database as converted, but did not actually exist on the hard drive. When I tried to play any of the phantom songs, I got an error message stating the file couldn't be found in the playlist (well, duh, that's because I don't have any playlists). Search of system results in UTL file(s). As I was doing all this searching and whatnot, MJ was still plugging away converting files and producing phantom results. I stopped converting, updated the database (300 files removed as non-existent) and then started the convert process, and viola! She isa convertin' once more (for now). Ape files are on a 60 GB HD, converted files going to a 60 GB hard drive (with about 45 GB free). Also, in about 2% of the files, the ID3 tag info was not transfered to the new file.

System:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1387 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 319 MB

Bryan

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2002, 11:46:19 am »

I like Doof's suggestion of nesting the Quick Play groups..

"Quick Play Suggestion : Currently, we can't Quick Play a playlist group. We also get messy playlist lists such as "Genre Weighted Playlist\Rock - 60". How about handling playlists and playlist groups the same way that Media Views are handled in Quick Play. A Playlist Group will be have branches for each playlist/smartlist inside of it, and if you double click the playlist group, MJ plays that entire group, just like it would for an album if you double clicked the album name in Quick Play. "

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2002, 12:13:41 pm »

when inserting an audio-cd, MJ says it "cannot open cd-rom device"

CD-drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W2410
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1799 MHz MMX

dragyn

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2002, 12:17:27 pm »

DSP seems to turn off sometimes when switching tracks. It's set to on but not doing it. When I change a value like replay gain from |PLS|8 to |PLS|10 back to |PLS|8. I don't have to close the dsp box when doing this. I'm keeping the same values, just changing it.

I'm not sure what's causing it. Running XP with the Audiophile 24/96.

Only thing I can tell is I imported files with the replay gain already set in the tags. Again, not sure if it's just the replay gain not turning on or the whole dsp.

----

Readded Cover Art to the mp3s that were doing the Temp/xxx.jpg thing. Imported them to another clean library, and everything is OK. Must have gotten corrupt from a different build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up