INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [User accounts] Making only the files with a given user visible  (Read 1155 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a user called "Ingrid", that user is my wife, the files she uses are a (small) subset of my total library. So i want her to only see the files that are tagged with "Ingrid" in the user-field, instead of both the ones tagged AND the ones that are not tagged with any user at all. (so I don't have to tag every single file in the library with my user, just a few of them with her).

My plan was to use the following expression under "Files to show" for the "Ingrid"-user :  [User]=Ingrid

However this doesn't seem to work, as that library now shows no files at all, not even those with the user field tagged with "Ingrid", any tips?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: [User accounts] Making only the files with a given user visible
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 11:04:10 am »

Explore Menu > View > User.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 11:18:41 am »

Explore Menu > View > User.

Maybe I wasn't clear, I ahve been in this menu, I have added the user "ingrid", I have tagged the files this user should see with "Ingrid", and i have under the "Files to show" for the user ingrid added the expression "[User]=Ingrid", in the hope that this expression would cause the user to only see the files tagged with "Ingrid", and not untagged files, but this doesn't seem to give the result i want.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 11:33:11 am »

If your files do not have a user tag then anyone can see them. Tag all your files user "Administrator", then tag the ones user "ingrid" that you want also. Files can have more than one user. Then it will work as you want.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 11:41:07 am »

If your files do not have a user tag then anyone can see them. Tag all your files user "Administrator", then tag the ones user "ingrid" that you want also. Files can have more than one user. Then it will work as you want.

Ken

I know, but as stated in the first post, I would rather not tag my entire library with the Administrator-field, as the "ingrid"-subset is small, I am searching for a solution where the ingrid-user only sees the files tagged with that user, and not the ones that are untagged.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 11:43:07 am »

Set the files to show to:
-[User]=[]
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

flac.rules

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 11:46:52 am »

Set the files to show to:
-[User]=[]

Superb, that worked great, thanks for the help :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up