INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Music - Gizmo questions  (Read 1819 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
Some Music - Gizmo questions
« on: June 22, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

I have MC 16 and trying  MC 19 now.  My goal is to put as much as possible of my collection on hard disc and use gizmo to choose.

Here some questions.

-   How can I choose music in Bd format?  I not see them (like the immersion versions of Pink Floyd DSM)

-   I made a folder with some songs I  like for the summer. Lets say "Summer - 2014", how can I play the entire folder from Gizmo?

-   It would be neat, if i could also choose sometimes from my folder structure in Gizmo.  The tagging of "genre" is not always good. In my folder structure, I have separate folders for Music I play. Like, Classic Rock, Singer - songwriter, World Music etc. Would be neat to select that in Gizmo and see covers in every folder.

-  I have some issues with ISO's  from SACD.  When choosing them as an iso, I get a kind of "clipping". I use my portable Fiio X 3 as a Dac. That should be usable with DSD. But "event style " is not listed as an option with the Fiio. So If I want to use it on that external dac, what do I do wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Some Music - Gizmo questions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:24:56 pm »

-   I made a folder with some songs I  like for the summer. Lets say "Summer - 2014", how can I play the entire folder from Gizmo?

Put the songs in a playlist.  Then play the playlist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:51:08 am »

Put the songs in a playlist.  Then play the playlist.

Thank you, as old school, never used playlist, don't even know how, but I figure that out. 

Still hope to get answers from the above. I forgot one question.

-  Is there a way to use a kind of volume control on Gizmo. I have configured MC at max output, but the signal I get is weaker then the sound of of my stand alone player, don't know if this due to JRiver or the Dac from the Fiio.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:20:28 am »

So I made the playlist with songs of the same map (Hits 2013).  As I would like to use a playslist with other hardware ehn my computer I saved is  M  3U, in the same folder as the songs.

But when I use my tablet, I do see the folder with the play list, but it is a white sheet and ......empty, no way to play the playlist again that way after exporting the M3u to the folder........

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 08:49:37 am »

So I made the playlist with songs of the same map (Hits 2013).  As I would like to use a playslist with other hardware ehn my computer I saved is  M  3U, in the same folder as the songs.

But when I use my tablet, I do see the folder with the play list, but it is a white sheet and ......empty, no way to play the playlist again that way after exporting the M3u to the folder........

You just want to create the playlist in the Media Center library.  Don't use M3U.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 09:02:24 am »

Thanks Matt, but can I use it in another player, like a Dune? Well nto that important if not...

But still found  no solution for these issues:

-   How can I choose music in Bd format?  I not see them (like the immersion versions of Pink Floyd DSM)

-   It would be neat, if i could also choose sometimes from my folder structure in Gizmo.  The tagging of "genre" is not always good. In my folder structure, I have separate folders for Music I play. Like, Classic Rock, Singer - songwriter, World Music etc. Would be neat to select that in Gizmo and see covers in every folder.

Also is there a way to lower the sound with Gizmo, when using an external Dac like the Fiio X3?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 09:05:01 am »

-   How can I choose music in Bd format?  I not see them (like the immersion versions of Pink Floyd DSM)

-   It would be neat, if i could also choose sometimes from my folder structure in Gizmo.  The tagging of "genre" is not always good. In my folder structure, I have separate folders for Music I play. Like, Classic Rock, Singer - songwriter, World Music etc. Would be neat to select that in Gizmo and see covers in every folder.

You can customize the views in Options > Media Network > Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 09:59:11 am »

Woaw Thanks Matt. This is really great. I managed to add it, after searching a while and now  can use it like a folderview, but WITH covers.  It is only getting better and better!

It is not always so easy to find what you need, especially when English is not your native language!

Now just have to know if there is volume control possible and how to do it, and how it also can see bD audio file, and I am ready.....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 10:03:35 am »

Now just have to know if there is volume control possible and how to do it, and how it also can see bD audio file, and I am ready.....

Gizmo has volume.  It follows the mode set in MC (Internal, System, etc.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up