INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.145 -- Available here  (Read 14335 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 19.0.145 -- Available here
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190145.exe

19.0.145 (6/23/2014)

1. Changed: Season is enabled for audio.
2. Changed: Added support for MPGV files.
3. Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.
4. Changed: On edit television channel list window, added a "Save Channel Order" button.  Channel ordering will not automatically be saved if a user only clicks the channel header.  If the user uses Move Up/Down to change ordering, a confirmation dialog will be displayed upon leaving such mode.
5. Changed: When removing the playing file from Playing Now the next file will start playing.
6. Changed: The field "Involved People" maps to the ID3v2 tag IPLS.
7. Fixed: Seeking in Gizmo was not working in 19.0.144.

19.0.144 (6/20/2014)

1. Changed: Sample rate conversion can specify different values for 352,800 and 384,000 input sample rates.
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle returns created keys as a Keys parameter.
3. Fixed: DVD Title Playback offers all audio streams, instead of only one.
4. Faster: Converting audio to 64-bit for internal processing is up to 50% faster.
5. Fixed: Parsing of some JSON formatted web results was incorrect, especially arrays of data.  Could affect results from Youtube, Facebook, TheMovieDB, Rotten Tomatoes and others.
6. Changed: Reworded "Start recording early by:" to remind users that they can use negative values to delay starting of recording a television show.
7. Changed: Merged DVBC frequency tables Switzerland.cablecom.xml and Switzerland.UPC Cablecom.xml
8. Changed: DLNA sends alive messages when it resumes from standby.

19.0.143 (6/18/2014)

1. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle to create particles from a file.
2. NEW: Gizmo honors playback range when playing a video.
3. Fixed: Graph-building problem with Hauppauge Colossus.
4. Fixed: In certain cases while ripping multiple discs, a newly inserted audio CD would not be seen by Media Center.

19.0.142 (6/16/2014)

1. Optimized: MC uses significantly less CPU power when using CableCARD tuners (HDHomerun Prime, Ceton InfiniTV etc.).
2. Fixed: Skinning didn't support an oversized SplitViewTab::Close button.
3. Changed: Updated Switzerland cablecom DVBC frequency table, thanks rudolffischer!
4. Fixed: Blu-ray discs with extremely long clips could not be imported in all cases.
5. Fixed: Theater view list lineup thumbnails no longer have pixelated edges.

19.0.141 (6/13/2014)

1. NEW: Media Center can be run with a -NoImport command line switch to disable importing.
2. Fixed: When Chromium was the web engine, double-click and right-click on Track Info pages didn't work.
3. NEW: Added MCC 28036 to set the audio / video lip sync correction (the parameter is an amount of shift to apply to the current settings).
4. Fixed: Ripping or playing mixed mode (data/audio) CD's was broken.

19.0.140 (6/13/2014)

1. NEW: Gizmo honors playback ranges.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails for files with a playback range would cap and show the same thumbnail for all videos.
3. Fixed: In-place editing would stop tab navigation at a drop-list edit field.
4. Changed: MC estimates the size of television recordings in jtv format better, especially when multiple recordings are in the same folder.
5. Fixed: When sample rate is changed, full screen playback is maintained (previously it would exit full screen).
6. Fixed: Theaterview Youtube now works when logged in.
7. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.62 (performance improvements and bug fixes).
8. Fixed: Switching between two audio streams with different sample rates could cause playback to become silent.
9. Fixed: jtv recording might not be playable if recording was started some time after the program had been watch live in time-shifting mode.
10. Fixed: Creating time-based particles on top of a DVD Title particle preserves the DVD Title mapping.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Goatshade

Re: Media Center 19.0.145 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:33:42 pm »

3. Fixed: DVD Title Playback offers all audio streams, instead of only one.

Is this referring to the DVD stream selection retention problems that Hendrick was trying to mend? If so, just dropping in to report that they're still broken. Changing a DVD rip's audio/subtitle stream(s), stopping playback, and then playing it again seems to cause MC to "think" harder, since there is a pause for a good five to ten seconds, but after that, same result as before: reverts to the defaults.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:35:50 pm »

Its impossible to reliably save which streams are used when using the DVD Navigator, it just doesn't work out, sorry. All my hacks worked for a handful of the cases, and failed miserably for many others.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »

3. Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.
This change is doing what I had feared it might.

Albums where every track has the same group of multiple artists on it, are now correctly listed as being by (Multiple Artists) instead of the first in the list.

Code: (Passion, Grace & Fire) [Select]
Track # Name Artist
1 Aspan Al Di Meola; John McLaughlin; Paco de Lucia
2 Orient Blue Suite Al Di Meola; John McLaughlin; Paco de Lucia
3 Chiquito Al Di Meola; John McLaughlin; Paco de Lucia
4 Sichia Al Di Meola; John McLaughlin; Paco de Lucia
5 David Al Di Meola; John McLaughlin; Paco de Lucia
6 Passion, Grace & Fire Al Di Meola; John McLaughlin; Paco de Lucia
This is now correctly listed as (Multiple Artists) instead of being listed under Al Di Meola.

But albums which have a primary artist listed on every track, with collaborations on individual tracks, are now being listed under (Multiple Artists) too.

Code: (Queen Greatest Hits II) [Select]
Track # Name Artist
1 A Kind of Magic Queen
2 Under Pressure Queen; David Bowie
3 Radio Ga Ga Queen
4 I Want It All Queen
5 I Want to Break Free Queen
6 Innuendo Queen
7 Itʼs a Hard Life Queen
8 Breakthru Queen
9 Who Wants to Live Forever Queen
10 Headlong Queen
11 The Miracle Queen
12 Iʼm Going Slightly Mad Queen
13 The Invisible Man Queen
14 Hammer to Fall Queen
15 Friends Will Be Friends Queen
16 The Show Must Go On Queen
17 One Vision Queen

This used to (correctly) be listed with Queen as the Album Artist, but is now listed under (Multiple Artists) instead.

Film soundtracks can be tricky, as many of them have 80-90% of the tracks by a single artist, with the remainder by other artists. But I suppose that is best handled manually.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 02:48:40 pm »

But albums which have a primary artist listed on every track, with collaborations on individual tracks, are now being listed under (Multiple Artists) too.

Code: (Queen Greatest Hits II) [Select]
Track # Name Artist
1 A Kind of Magic Queen
2 Under Pressure Queen; David Bowie
3 Radio Ga Ga Queen
4 I Want It All Queen
5 I Want to Break Free Queen
6 Innuendo Queen
7 Itʼs a Hard Life Queen
8 Breakthru Queen
9 Who Wants to Live Forever Queen
10 Headlong Queen
11 The Miracle Queen
12 Iʼm Going Slightly Mad Queen
13 The Invisible Man Queen
14 Hammer to Fall Queen
15 Friends Will Be Friends Queen
16 The Show Must Go On Queen
17 One Vision Queen

This used to (correctly) be listed with Queen as the Album Artist, but is now listed under (Multiple Artists) instead.

If there's a collaboration, it should be under (Multiple Artists).  That seems correct to me.

If you want the collaborating artist to be less important, put it in a field "Collaborating Artist" and leave it out of the Artist field.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »

And there was me thinking that Media Center was smartly selecting the primary artist off an album and ignoring collaborators, rather than it being a bug. :(

I reformatted all of my albums to remove things such as "Queen & David Bowie", "xxxx feat. yyyy" to separate them by semicolons instead because it was doing this.

Collaborations on one or two tracks doesn't change who the Album Artist is, in my opinion.
Queen Greatest Hits II is still an album by Queen.
Even something like Random Access Memories is still a Daft Punk Album (not a very good one in my opinion, but still a Daft Punk album)

Code: (Random Access Memories) [Select]
Track # Name Artist
1 Give Life Back to Music Daft Punk
2 The Game of Love Daft Punk
3 Giorgio by Moroder Daft Punk
4 Within Daft Punk
5 Instant Crush Daft Punk; Julian Casablancas
6 Lose Yourself to Dance Daft Punk; Pharrell Williams
7 Touch Daft Punk; Paul Williams
8 Get Lucky Daft Punk; Pharrell Williams
9 Beyond Daft Punk
10 Motherboard Daft Punk
11 Fragments of Time Daft Punk; Todd Edwards
12 Doinʼ It Right Daft Punk; Panda Bear
13 Contact Daft Punk

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 04:04:32 pm »

Regarding this recent Album Artist (auto) change...

This entirely reverses the decisions made here:

We're thinking of switching Artist and Genre to be list fields.

I'm looking for wisdom from the community about pitfalls or things we should consider.

Here's a few things from my list:
  • I think they should be a new type of list field that uses a simple edit control instead of a list editor (like Keywords uses, etc.).
  • Tagging should be updated when possible to store values as a list.
  • Users that happened to use semi-colons in these fields for something other than a list will have to change.
  • I think it's fine to just use the full list when doing something like building a cover art filename.  For example, 'Robert Plant; Tori Amos - Tribute To Led Zeppelin.jpg'.
  • The first item in the list should be considered the primary item in cases where a list isn't supported.

I see two ways to handle this:

1) Make [Album Artist (auto)] handle list data since [Artist] can be a list
or
2) Make [Album Artist (auto)] use the primary artist only, so it works more like [Album Artist] which is not a list.

I'm leaning towards #2.

I think it's reasonable to store stuff under the primary's artist folder.  So next build:
Changed: When building a filename from file information, only the primary / first artist or genre will be used from a list.

I think Album Artist (auto) should only return (Multiple Artists) when the stringified value of Artist varies across tracks in an Album, not when there is a semicolon separated list of values and all values are consistent across tracks.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 04:22:05 pm »

I think Album Artist (auto) should only return (Multiple Artists) when the stringified value of Artist varies across tracks in an Album, not when there is a semicolon separated list of values and all values are consistent across tracks.

But the Artist does vary if there is more than one artist.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 04:37:34 pm »

Next build:
Changed: When all tracks from an album have multiple artists but all the tracks have the same list the first artist will be used for Album Artist (auto) instead of (Multiple Artists).

Goatshade

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 06:17:20 pm »

I should note that entering a value into the [Album Artist] field (not the [Album Artist (auto)] field) will still override the (Multiple Artists) dilemma while preserving the data in the [Artist] field.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 07:19:23 pm »

I should note that entering a value into the [Album Artist] field (not the [Album Artist (auto)] field) will still override the (Multiple Artists) dilemma while preserving the data in the [Artist] field.

That's the way I've been handling collaboration albums.  For "Random Access Memories" I have "Daft Punk" as the Album Artist for that reason.

I can see that the change in how Album Artist (auto) is set, and how it handles semicolon separated artist lists, allows for more flexibility.  Flexibility is good.  I'll have to think about how I can make use of that in my library organization.

Goatshade

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 09:02:30 pm »

Its impossible to reliably save which streams are used when using the DVD Navigator, it just doesn't work out, sorry. All my hacks worked for a handful of the cases, and failed miserably for many others.

Meaning that many DVD's are structured differently, or...?

Hilton

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »

;D best change ever! This has been one of my annoyances for ages!
Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »

Yes, I had been doing this manually but for albums like Random Access Memories, Media Center would pick "Daft Punk" as the Album Artist automatically, so I have been leaving the field blank and letting MC calculate it instead.

It would be nice if Album Artist (auto) could handle 90% of albums without needing user intervention.
I'll have to wait until the next build is posted, but hopefully that's what this new change does.

I think the examples I posted cover most use-cases. Anything else should be set to (Multiple Artists) automatically.

The tricky part seems to be identifying that an album where the same three artists are listed on every track should be (Multiple Artists) instead of being listed by the first artist name.

But tracks where the primary artist is the same for all tracks, and additional artists change, should be listed under the name of the primary artist.

Sauzee

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 07:40:50 am »

I thought the current multiple artists method (pre this change) made sense to me. I'm not keen on the new method.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »

1) Make [Album Artist (auto)] handle list data since [Artist] can be a list

That is what would make everything work properly as in:

[Album Artist] = John McLaughlin & Carlos Santana ; John McLaughlin ; Carlos Santana

so that one finds the album when searching for either of the individuals involved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up