INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import Remastered Album?  (Read 1413 times)

amham

• Recent member
Import Remastered Album?
« on: June 24, 2014, 07:56:39 pm »

For whatever reason I do not find MC19 intuitive.  Having said that, I want to import a new REMASTERED album I downloaded from HDTracks.  The original album already exists (44.1k/16bits) so when I import MC19 places the new tracks (96k/24bits) under the existing album/cover, duplicating all songs.  Now I have duplicates of each song, different bit rates and depths.  I want to create a separate Album/cover under the same artist listing and title only labeled REMASTERED.  I cannot figure out how to do this, anyone help?  Many thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import Remastered Album?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:01:10 pm »

You could change the Album tag.

amham

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:22:12 pm »

You could change the Album tag.

Of course, simple...that did it.  I must remember to restart.  Elementary to most but for me, my mindset is Windows and how it moves, copies, creates, etc.  Thank you for the support.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:37:58 pm »

What I did was to create a new folder

"Beatles 24 Bit"

Hoping eventually to delete the 16 Bit!

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 12:52:11 am »

The great thing about Media Center and the Expression Language is that you can get it to do the work for you.
Of course, the simplest solution is to just rename the album, especially if you only have one or two to deal with.

Instead of doing that, you could add a custom group type which would separate the albums automatically.
  • Tools → Options → Library & Folders → Manage Library Fields
  • Add New Field
  • Calculated Data → Expression → Expression Editor:
Code: (Custom Group) [Select]
<font size="10" alpha="0" color="ffffff">[Year]  [Channels] [Sample Rate,0] [Bit Depth,0] <//font>Delimit([Year],/]/ ,/[)[Album]If(IsEqual([File Type,0], sacd, 1),/ SACD,
If(Compare([Sample Rate,0], >, 44100),/ HD,
))Delimit(if(isrange([Channels],1-2),,/ ‒/ Multichannel))

Now click the tab at the top of your view and select Group By → Your Custom Group

The nice thing about this is that it will automatically separate albums based on the year tag, the number of channels, sample rate or bit-depth.
    It will also append "SACD", "HD", or " – Multichannel" to the album name if appropriate.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up