INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I set MC to play all tracks at 83 or 85 dB?  (Read 1459 times)

timothydean74

Can I set MC to play all tracks at 83 or 85 dB?
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:48:18 am »

I am hosting friends to listen to my new Grimm LS1 system in a couple days. I will be strictly be using my MacBook plugged in via USB to the Grimm LS1 system, which contains its own DAC. I would like to be able to play a variety of tracks at 83 or 85 dB without having to constantly monitor and adjust the volume. I would also like to have this feature just for regular personal use. Can anyone show me how to do this, if it can be done? Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can I set MC to play all tracks at 83 or 85 dB?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:03:14 am »

You want to enable Volume Leveling in DSP Studio.  You'll need to analyze your files using Audio Analyze so the proper level can be used.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can I set MC to play all tracks at 83 or 85 dB?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:10:29 pm »

You want to enable Volume Leveling in DSP Studio.  You'll need to analyze your files using Audio Analyze so the proper level can be used.

I never thought I would use a tool like this. On analog systems I never used tone controls or balance controls. However playing the majority of times from Smart Lists in shuffle mode I have found this to be an invaluable resource. I don't think this degrades the sound in any way it can tell and not jumping for the remote to adjust volume several times in a listening session is a relaxing relief.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002
Pages: [1]   Go Up