INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would it be possible to include EEG data in media files?  (Read 1620 times)

NobodyInParticular

Would it be possible to include EEG data in media files?
« on: June 25, 2014, 07:44:00 pm »

I am playing around with an EEG headset (Emotiv) that produces a stream of brainwave signals for analysis. Most analysis software for EEG data uses the concept of sources filters, and applications (renderers by analogy). Some is done using time synchronized audio and video as well. I came across DirectShow in my poking around and on the surface it looks like it provides the framework for doing exactly that - just add a lot of COM programming and such and there you go.

Is such an idea even possible with something like DirectShow (or media foundation)? The idea of having not only an audio stream and a video stream but an EEG data stream as well? Is it possible to define a new type of media stream within something like an AVI file so that the EEG data can be captured and stored there? The idea of using the DirectShow graphical filter editor looks neat as far as piecing together the EEG source with the EEG filters. Am I just being too wishful?

Thank you,

Jim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up