INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Cover Art Copy/Paste  (Read 1625 times)

RonB

• Recent member
Problem with Cover Art Copy/Paste
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:13:38 am »

I ripped a CD with five tracks and, since it wasn't found automatically, did a copy of a cover found in Google Images. I selected all tracks, right clicked, selected cover art/paste from clipboard. MC tagged four tracks, but not the first. I tried to copy to just the first track without success.

The album view shows the big blue note. (I'm guessing it depends on the first track-image.) I right click on that, do cover art/find on internet. The desired cover appears. When MC says it has completed tagging, the cover disappears. (I suspect the image which briefly appears is already on my computer--making things more frustrating--and it disappears when MC learns it can't find it on the internet.)

I randomly copied another cover from my own collection and pasted from clipboard. The big blue note remained serenely undisturbed. Not even a temporary image change. I've tried deleting the album and re-ripping and tagging, and various other experiments, without success. Any suggestions? I suspect it's a file naming problem, but I'd rather not go down that path (no pun intended) in my current state of ignorance.

A fact which may be pertinent is that the album is a re-release, and the first track was originally in a different album than the other four. Maybe there's an unusual tagging or format conflict?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem with Cover Art Copy/Paste
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 04:11:12 pm »

I'm not sure.  I do Paste From Clipboard on an album and it works fine.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RonB

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:55:58 pm »

I've pasted cover art successfully perhaps 100 times, both from internet images and from cover to cover on existing albums (just experimenting). This is the only album I've had trouble with. I haven't gotten into file structure, but that comes next if no one else here has the same problem.

Tried again. Removed the album's cover art from MC and Windows. Deleted album. Inserted disk. Copied image from internet to a file. Copied image from the file. Pasted image to all album tracks. Image appeared next to all album tracks and as album cover. Ripped disk successfully. Image remained on tracks 2 through 5, and disappeared from track one and album cover. For some reason, image won't stay with track 1 after the disk is ripped. The tags indicate cover art is "in file" for all tracks. Where is the "in file" image stored? That is, what is the image path name?

The problem track is over 40 minutes and flac coded. Maybe some MC file-size limit is being exceeded? I think I'll try mp3 to test that theory.

helpme

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 02:26:38 pm »

Any progress on this ?

I have two albums (out of over 10K) which won't seem to hold a cover image beyond a few seconds no matter what I do.

Both are high resolution AIF files. I also have some other high resolution AIF files from the same source (HD Tracks) and these don't exhibit the same problem.

Something different about track 1 on these albums but I can't see it.

RonB

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 11:13:41 am »

No. I haven't made any progress. I don't think it's related to image format since without success I tried tagging with an image correctly tagged to another album, but I'll play with that.

You have 10,000 CDs loaded, or tracks with images? In any event, would you share what equipment and software you are using? The non-sticking image is the least of my problems. I've stopped ripping after 100 CDs because of more serious ones. I'm wondering if I'm trying PC/software/stereo/renderer/remote/NAS combinations that just won't work reliably together.

helpme

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 02:43:34 pm »

FYI

I changed the system settings to NOT include the image in the file and now the image sticks. So for me the issue was related to saving the image inside the large TIF files. Not sure I will keep this setting as a permanent solution.

Regarding my setup. I have been using MC since Version 10

Currently running on a Windows 8.1 PC..

68 K music tracks  stored on a local disk. I have often used NAS disks or USB hard drives but disk problems have recently made me bring the files back onto a local drive. (not MC issues) Files are a mixture of FLAC and MP3 mostly.

Also have 2K of various types of video files.

I stream music to a couple of ROKU sound-bridge devices in the house as well as playing locally. works well.

I stream Video to WD Live HD devices. Network capacity is the issue here. I am currently using powerline AV Plugs for this and it often works well but occasionally the network performance drops and I can't stream HD content.

If there is anything specific I can help with let me know

RonB

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 07:37:05 pm »

Thanks for the configuration info and cover work around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up