INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need DSP controls in Gizmo  (Read 2015 times)

greyleopard

• Recent member
Need DSP controls in Gizmo
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »

Here's my problem:  In order to do any audio equalization,  I have to be in front of my HTPC screen.  When in my patio zone, or any other non video zone.  I have no way to optimize the sound.  In other words, I cant hear changes made in DSP studio in any other zone other than my theater room.  DSP studio functionality is greatly diminished in all other zones because I cant be in the other zones when I make changes in DSP studio.  I use gizmo 99% of the time to control media center.  Any chance of expanding the functionality?

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:13:36 am »

I'd also like to see this. I use MC primarily for music, so my tv is off when I'm listening or in the other room. When I change albums most of the time I need to adjust the level of the bass and it would be nice to do this in Gizmo.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Need DSP controls in Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 10:23:17 am »

The DSP stack in Media Center is pretty comprehensive, so it's unlikely we'll (re)create it on Linux in Gizmo.  Use the computer you're controlling to set the DSP.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:17:15 pm »

Here's my problem:  In order to do any audio equalization,  I have to be in front of my HTPC screen.  When in my patio zone, or any other non video zone.  I have no way to optimize the sound.  In other words, I cant hear changes made in DSP studio in any other zone other than my theater room.  DSP studio functionality is greatly diminished in all other zones because I cant be in the other zones when I make changes in DSP studio.  I use gizmo 99% of the time to control media center.  Any chance of expanding the functionality?
Couldn't you make copies of the zone(s) you are using and pre-apply different eq settings to those? Just change zones for different eq as needed.....make as many as you want. May not be everything but can get you close.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »

Couldn't you make copies of the zone(s) you are using and pre-apply different eq settings to those? Just change zones for different eq as needed.....make as many as you want. May not be everything but can get you close.

The point is that the PC is in a different room to that of the physical zone. That makes comparing changes made to the DSP on the PC difficult, since he has to go from one room to the other after every tweak - and then try to remember if it sounded better before or now.

I would recommend using a remote desktop app such as Splashtop on your tablet. You can be in any zone's physical room, and make changes to the DSP remotely on the PC from the zone itself. Then, once you have all the settings optimised, do as Zhilsguy suggests and create a labelled zone, so that you do not have to recreate the settings every time. Repeat from all your zones.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Re: Need DSP controls in Gizmo
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:17 pm »

The point is that the PC is in a different room to that of the physical zone. That makes comparing changes made to the DSP on the PC difficult since he has to go from one room to the other after every tweak and then try to remember if it sounded better before or now.

I would recommend using a remote desktop app such as Splashtop on your tablet. You can be in any zone's physical room, and make changes to the DSP remotely on the PC from the zone itself. Then, once you have all the settings optimised, do as Zhilsguy suggests and create a labelled zone, so that you do not have to recreate the settings every time. Repeat from all your zones.
This.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »

If you have a laptop you could control it with that.

But as Matt pointed out, the DSP is quite complicated and comprehensive, and duplicating all settings in a mobile app is quite a lot of effort.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Re: Need DSP controls in Gizmo
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 12:41:17 pm »

The DSP stack in Media Center is pretty comprehensive, so it's unlikely we'll (re)create it on Linux in Gizmo.  Use the computer you're controlling to set the DSP.

That's what I thought..... Which is why I've never asked!

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 04:42:35 pm »

DSP is complicated!
Hence my wish list in another topic to have DSP settings saved per song/album/folder.
It would be a simple matter to enable "auto-DSP" from any remote software/location , which almost solves the problem.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

TCube

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 03:35:15 am »

If you have a laptop you could control it with that.
But as Matt pointed out, the DSP is quite complicated and comprehensive, and duplicating all settings in a mobile app is quite a lot of effort.

Hello,
Was going to make a snarky comment about the use of smartphone "anywhere, any time @ home" but I will keep quite ... One of these day you will embarrassed yourself.
TC

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 09:44:54 pm »

Hello,
Was going to make a snarky comment about the use of smartphone "anywhere, any time @ home" but I will keep quite ... One of these day you will embarrassed yourself.
TC

Anyhow is not on that list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up