INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting Samsung Yepp' YP-30SH  (Read 4138 times)

azion

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Connecting Samsung Yepp' YP-30SH
« on: September 30, 2003, 05:39:55 am »

I just got a Samsung Yepp YP-30SH MP3 player and tried to get it to interface w/Media Jukebox. So far, no good. I downloaded the Yepp plugin from the Media Jukebox site, and all I get is the message "Player not found. Please check that drivers are installed and player is connected."

I am able to connect to the Yepp' using Samsung's Yepp Explorer software, so I know that it's not a hardware problem. And I downloaded the Yepp plugin (as noted above). What else do I need to do to make this work? I like Media Jukebox, and hope that I don't have to use another program to work with my new MP3 player.

Thanks.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: Connecting Samsung Yepp' YP-30SH
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 10:34:38 am »

read your manual for the samsung.  it might say something in there to help  

EX:..   "use drag and drop in explorer."

if it says that then you wont need the plugin cause mjb will see  the player in the folder tree as another drive to fill up under the hand helds.  

if that is not the answer  that works for you i am sorry but i cant think of anything else that might be the reason. ?
roving cowboy / keith hall

azion

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 06:11:22 am »

No dice. If I don't install the JRiver Yepp' plugin, I don't see the Yepp' listed in the CD & Handhelds section. If I do install the plugin, I see the Yepp' listed in that section, but whenever I click on the icon or drag something to it, I get the "Player not found..." message.

I can access the Yepp' perfectly well using the Yepp' Explorer software, which is fine for what it is- basic, no-frills stuff. But I'd far prefer to use Media Jukebox, and the plugin doesn't seem to work.

Thoughts?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 05:51:10 am »

azion,

The plugin supports the Yepp 20 series of players, but typically does not support the 30 series.  This is due to the drivers that Samsung distributes for the 30 series and the lack of backward compatiblity.  Sorry.

Steve

azion

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 12:11:55 pm »

Is there any chance that a plugin for the 30 series will ever exist? Or is my only solution to not use Media Jukebox? That would be a pity, since I rather like the product.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 06:24:32 am »

azion,

There is a possibility that the 30 series is supported in MC 9 ( 9.1.267). We do not currently have a Yepp 30 series here to test. MC 9 has a generic solution for any WMDM (Windows Media Device Manager) compatible devices. I do not know if the Yepp 30 is WMDM compatible. If it is, MC9 should support it.

azion

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 10:16:17 am »

OK, I've installed MC 9. How do I install the generic solution for WMDM (Windows Media Device Manager) compatible devices? I'd like to test this, naturally enough, and I can't find where to install the driver or plug-in.

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 10:33:35 am »

azion,

Do you have MC 9.1.268 or .269? If so, great.  Click on Tools->Plug-in Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives and then 'Configure'. You will see a check box for 'Enable WMDM Detection. Check it.  If the Yepp is WMDM compatible, it will appear when you expand 'CD,DVD, & Handhelds' in the tree.

Please let me know how it turns out, it would be good to know.

Thanks,

Steve

azion

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 10:48:01 am »

No dice. I installed the latest copy I could find (9.1.256, which was the latest I could find from www.mediajukebox.com), and enabled WMDM detection. It detected my Zip drive, which would be good if I had wanted to play MP3s from my Zip drive and not my Yepp.

Any more ideas?

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 05:45:49 am »

azion,

sorry, no more ideas for now. If your Yepp did not show up, it means it is not WMDM compatible. There is a possibility we will have a solution in the future.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up