INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.144 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 8958 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 19.0.144 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: June 26, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190144.dmg

19.0.144 (6/26/2014)

1. Fixed: m3u8 playlists were not importing.
2. Fixed: Paste tagging was not working.
3. Changed: Improved messaging when a license for the wrong platform is restored. Now, if a user tries to install a Windows license on a Mac, a clear error message is displayed.
4. Fixed: Multi-channel .wma files now work on Mac.
5. Fixed: The caps lock key was not working.
6. NEW: Media Server mode can now be enabled (Tools / Advanced Tools / Media Server...).  This runs Media Center with no UI and displays an icon on the status bar at upper right.
7. NEW: Media Center can now be started automatically at login time (Tools / Options / Startup / Run on Mac startup).
8. Fixed: Dialog boxes now respond to Escape and Enter keys.

19.0.131 (4/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Web radio stream playback was eating up way too much cpu.
2. Fixed: System sleep is now always disabled while Media Center is playing, including DLNA playback.
3. Fixed: XML playlist exports from iTunes were not importing because of 'file://localhost/' embedded in filenames.
4. Fixed: File rename & copy was producing duplicate library entries when processing filenames containing international characters.
5. Fixed: M3U playlist exports from iTunes were not importing because of line ending issues.

19.0.124 (4/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Some WMA lossless files would play at wrong speed and/or with static.
2. Fixed: Installing non-supported VST plugins (e.g. older 32bit only ones) would cause PackageInstaller to crash and no error was shown in Media Center.
3. Fixed: When adding a new VST plugin, the file selection dialog would show up behind Media Center.

19.0.123 (4/2/2014)

1. Changed: Reinstated standard Mac Quit menu option.
2. NEW: Support for 64 bit VST audio plugins in DSP Studio.  From "Manage Plug-ins / Add VST" select the Plug-in package ending in ".VST" (usually in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST).

19.0.122 (3/17/2014)

1. Fixed: The date tag was being read incorrectly in WMA files.
2. Fixed: WMA lossless wasn't working.

19.0.121 (3/12/2014)

1. Fixed: Duplicate menus were being shown if you activated the left-most item and dragged over one of the other items.
2. Changed: Got rid of "Quit" menu option which was redundant with "Exit" option on File menu. Cmd-Q still works for exiting program.
3. Fixed: WMA files showed incorrect bitrate in player display window.
4. Changed: Retina Mode (View -> Size -> Retina Mode) will now stay enabled between program runs.  Before you had to enable it each time you started Media Center.
5. Fixed: In Retina mode, main menu dropdowns would partially cover the main menu.
6. Fixed: In Retina mode, the blurred 'alpha' background behind menus was offset from the actual location of the background.
7. Fixed: In Retina mode, the DSP Studio windows looked funny - the window was much too big with lots of empty space around the DSP options.

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. NEW: WMA decoding.  Window Media files can now be imported and played.  Tags are read-only at this point.

19.0.119 (2/27/2014)

1. Changed: Changed UDP socket Accept function to use 'select' rather than 'kqueue/kevent'.  Trying to eliminate application hang at shutdown.

19.0.118 (2/24/2014)

1. Fixed: License restores were not working with build 117.

19.0.117 (2/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Fixed: MC license no longer needs to be restored whenever the Mac computer name changes.
3. Fixed: Fill properties from filename using Template was showing full path rather than just filename.
4. Fixed: Enabled filesystem statistics gathering function.
5. Fixed: Allow : in filename (was filtered out by windows code).
6. Fixed: Remove special treatment of UNC style paths (windows code).
7. Fixed: Remove special treatment of . in pathnames, i.e. foo./bar (windows code).
8. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
10. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
11. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code.  MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
12. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
13. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
14. Fixed: Directory presets in some dialogs had the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slashes.

19.0.103 (1/10/2014)

1. Fixed: iTunes playlists were not importing correctly.
2. Fixed: Debug logging was always re-enabled at startup regardless of user setting.
3. Fixed: Added right-click menu in display view to allow display type and cover art style choices.
4. Fixed: Empty directories were not getting removed following file deletions.
5. Fixed: Very small FLAC files were failing playback (e.g. Test silence files smaller than 64k bytes).

19.0.100 (12/20/2013)

1. Changed: Several improvements to Retina support.
2. Fixed: When exporting playlists with relative paths, the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slash was used in filenames.
3. Fixed: Typing or modifying a filename path in the tag window would cause the wrong type of directory separator slash to be placed at the end of the path.
4. Changed: Apple IR remote handling can now be disabled/enabled with Options / General / Advanced / Media key mode.
5. NEW: Command-H is now supported for hiding the application.
6. NEW: Better support for multiple monitors with differing resolutions.

19.0.88 (12/6/2013)

1. Changed: Support the separate play/pause button on the newer aluminum Apple remote.
2. NEW: Retina display support enabled with Views / Size / Retina Mode. Reverts to standard mode at program exit.
3. NEW: Support for WavPack and Musepack input plugins.

19.0.84 (12/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Memory leak in build 83.

19.0.83 (11/27/2013)

1. Fixed: The display would not update after extended playback when Spectrum Analyzer was enabled in the player window. This would make the UI appear to be frozen.
2. NEW: The Apple Remote (white plastic) is now supported (play/pause, ff/rew, next/previous, volume up/down).

19.0.76 (11/18/2013)

1. NEW: Visualizations in the player bar at the top of the program are now shown during playback.
2. Changed: Copy and paste cover art was working for image data only.  Now artwork files/URLs can be copied from Finder or web browsers.

19.0.75 (11/14/2013)

1. Changed: This build includes debug symbols which will show up in crash dumps to ease debugging.  Regular builds have these stripped out.

19.0.74 (11/12/2013)

1. Fixed: A bug in the menu tracking system could cause crashes.

19.0.73 (11/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Frequent crashes due to a threading bug introduced in build 71 with the way JRTools objects were created.

19.0.72 (11/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Network was broken in the previous build. A crash would occur when thumbnails were sent to a remote device.

19.0.71 (11/6/2013)

1. Fixed: Alphabetic sorting of lists could be incorrect in some situations with some locales.
2. Fixed: At application startup, JRTools objects were not getting created in the correct order - possible cause of crashes.

19.0.68 (11/1/2013)

1. Changed: Auto update now launches the downloaded DMG updater.
2. Changed: Improved support for integer mode on devices that use multiple output streams.
3. Fixed: Back slash in filename caused file to not import.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.144 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 10:19:36 pm »

Bunch of great stuff here.  Thanks!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:32:44 am »

8. Fixed: Dialog boxes now respond to Escape and Enter keys.

Get Cover Art:

Return (Enter) doesn't save selected Cover to file(s).
ESC works.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 07:39:39 am »

1) When MC's internal volume is disabled it still doesn't pass the volume key commands through to the OS.

2) When you set the font in retina mode, next time you start MC the font is double the size.  You have to turn retina mode off and set the font and then turn on retina mode.

3) When MC is started MC's menu isn't active, the menu of the previous app you opened is still active.  You actually have to click on the MC window before it becomes active.

4) When scrolling through albums in retina mode, the scrolling is choppy and lags.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:28:34 am »

Appears to be broken on 10.6.8. Segfaults.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 12:52:42 am »

So I just confirmed this snafu.

I'm running both players (the full featured 'regular' (usb) player, and the ethernet player) at the same time into my PSA PWD DAC
I am now running on OSX10.9.3. on v.144 and it also was happening on v.133

When I switch MC from the usb input to the ethernet input (the bridge), under some circumstances it will lock the usb port to MC and won't let go.
And exclusive access is turned off.

By that I mean if I stop the 'regular' usb player and then attempt to play a video from the browser the audio is sent to the front speaker and not out the usb port to the dac.
When this happens restarting the mac seems to be the only option to 'fix' this.

IF I get the sequence correct when shifting from ethernet to usb and then stop the MC 'usb player', but only if the DAC is switched to the usb input 1st, will the change over not result in a locked condition.

IOW if I switch MC from ethernet to pc before I switch to the usb input (from the ethernet input source) on the DAC, the mac OS won't release the usb port for browser use, until I restart the mac.

I don't know if this is a MC problem, Mac OSX problem, or PWD DAC problem, or some combination.

I just thought you'd like to know.

JJ

Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

oenomath

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:43 am »

hello

Unable to display French Language with this version.
i' ve the same problem with the windows version: 19.0.147

Thx
Jean-François

Isaacc7

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 10:39:31 am »

So I just confirmed this snafu.

I'm running both players (the full featured 'regular' (usb) player, and the ethernet player) at the same time into my PSA PWD DAC
I am now running on OSX10.9.3. on v.144 and it also was happening on v.133

When I switch MC from the usb input to the ethernet input (the bridge), under some circumstances it will lock the usb port to MC and won't let go.
And exclusive access is turned off.

By that I mean if I stop the 'regular' usb player and then attempt to play a video from the browser the audio is sent to the front speaker and not out the usb port to the dac.
When this happens restarting the mac seems to be the only option to 'fix' this.

IF I get the sequence correct when shifting from ethernet to usb and then stop the MC 'usb player', but only if the DAC is switched to the usb input 1st, will the change over not result in a locked condition.

IOW if I switch MC from ethernet to pc before I switch to the usb input (from the ethernet input source) on the DAC, the mac OS won't release the usb port for browser use, until I restart the mac.

I don't know if this is a MC problem, Mac OSX problem, or PWD DAC problem, or some combination.

I just thought you'd like to know.

JJ

I wonder if this is a similar issue to my Airplay issue. Tried Media Center again for the first time in a little while. I had left iTunes on Airplay so MC started with that. I cannot get it to play with any other output. I have switched iTunes to internal speakers but MC switches back to Airplay. This sounds very much like the same issue JJ is having with his USB.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 12:42:16 am »

Ok so this may be a work around…

Turn off "Integer Mode".

I just quickly tested it and so far the usb port does work with the browser AND Media Center, either or both at the same time just like 'before'.

I'll fuss with some more and report back.
I'll also pass this 'situation' along to Apple as well.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 11:25:10 am »

Ok so this may be a work around…

Turn off "Integer Mode".

I just quickly tested it and so far the usb port does work with the browser AND Media Center, either or both at the same time just like 'before'.

I'll fuss with some more and report back.
I'll also pass this 'situation' along to Apple as well.

JJ

I looked into this problem a bit a few days ago.  It seems that killing the coreaudio process also works as a fix instead of restarting.  Thanks for the "integer mode" hint.  We'll look into it some more.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:45 pm »

That would be a good trick to know.

How do I 'kill' or reset coreaudio without restarting?

JJ

I looked into this problem a bit a few days ago.  It seems that killing the coreaudio process also works as a fix instead of restarting.  Thanks for the "integer mode" hint.  We'll look into it some more.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 03:43:10 pm »

I'm not at a Mac right now, but see if this works for you.  Launch Activity Monitor and find "coreaudiod" in the list of processes.  Click on it and quit the process.  I think the button is in the upper left corner.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 04:43:01 pm »

I didn't see it listed in the Activity Monitor window.

JJ

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 09:43:41 pm »

JJ - Try sorting the Process name column in Activity Monitor, should make it easier to locate coreaudiod. FWIW I am running Mavericks.

Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 09:58:58 pm »

I sorted by name, and it doesn't appear in the list.
Strange…

EDIT:  After fussing with the Activity Monitor for a bit, coreaudiod finally showed up.
Now I just have to test to see if it will allow me to turn integer mode back on and be able to 'reset' the audio output thru the usb port, without having to restart the mac.

Thanks for the prompt.

JJ

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 01:22:59 am »

The 'quit' the process on coreaudiod, in activity monitor, released the usb port, so I could run a browser based audio stream.

Without having to restart the mac.

A definite step up.

Thanks    JJ

zenmastering

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:52 pm »

Same here...reverted to build 131 and no problems. Running on 32-bit 10.6.8, MacBook.

Appears to be broken on 10.6.8. Segfaults.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 04:20:38 am »

A few bits of strange behavior.

I'm running both players (usb & ethernet) at the same time.
I have noticed that the count down time timer and progress bar in both players will 'freeze' and not indicate any change, unless I switch and look at the other player and then come back, in which case the timer and progress bar have shifted to reflect the situation at that moment, but these functions are still 'frozen' (the numbers don't change etc.).

The players run 'normally' other than these 2 'quirks'.

I have also noticed since moving to 10.9.3 (in versions 133 & 144) I can't click and hold and then sweep a range of tracks and have them all be selected as I move the mouse. I have to click on one and then shift click at the other end of the range.
The 'old' way is easier and faster…

JJ

Mac Pro 10.9.3 running 144

magjac

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »

Menus show up in the wrong position in a 2-monitor setup. I have a macbook pro (set-up as secondary monitor) and a 27" cinema display (primary monitor) - osx v. 10.9.4. I've configured menu-mirroring it so I can use the menu-bar at the screen where the application is placed. When placing the jriver application on the macbook screen, the menus show up in strange places when opened. See attached picture for an example. All menus behave in the same way.

?

Tnx.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 03:09:18 pm »

Menus show up in the wrong position in a 2-monitor setup. I have a macbook pro (set-up as secondary monitor) and a 27" cinema display (primary monitor) - osx v. 10.9.4. I've configured menu-mirroring it so I can use the menu-bar at the screen where the application is placed. When placing the jriver application on the macbook screen, the menus show up in strange places when opened. See attached picture for an example. All menus behave in the same way.

There seems to be a lot of strangeness associated with multiple monitor setups.  Thanks for the report, we'll look into it.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

muzzer

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »

Just noticed a problem here, my screen freezes when playing a track.
The music carries on but I am unable to do anything else like change track or album.
I am using OSX 10.9.4

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 03:35:42 pm »

I too have seen this behavior (MC window freezing but the player plays on).

JJ

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 10:30:27 pm »

I'm not sure what is going on, nor even how to adequately describe what MC is doing.
So I'll start by describing what I'm trying to do and then what happened.

I have a bunch of flac files and I wanted to compare them to aiff versions of the same track.
So I convert just 2 albums from flac to aiff and put them in a different folder as a test to see if I can hear any differences between the same tracks just in different file formats.

I then import the new aiff tracks and select them along with the flac tracks into the ethernet player.
This way I can quickly switch from one file format to the other on the same track.

That's when things start to go sideways.

I notice that the aiff versions don't have any cover art so I attempt to copy the cover art from the flac files to the aiff ones.  Then I notice that the player won't play the aiff files, at all, saying there is problem with playback and that the file can't be found.  So I reload the aiff files, to no avail.

Then I notice that all of the flac files have been deleted from their source folders, but it was only the flac files that would play in the first place…

So I restore the flac files back into their 'proper' folder from backup and then try again to play the same album using the 2 file formats.
And now the aiff files do play, but the playback order sequence of the tracks is 'randomized' and I can't reorganize them so that the 2 versions of the tracks are 'back to back' to play the same track twice using the 2 different file formats.  And yes I can manually select the next track to perform my experiment, but the sequence set by the program is scrambled.
AND the sequence of tracks as they are played can't be over-written, even if I yank out the sequence column and try and use the track # as the sort order instead.

In short I don't even know where to begin or what to do to 'correct' this situation.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

JJ
mc 144 OSX 10.9.4

a2rt

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 05:30:53 am »

Hi Forum
Yes I'm running 10.6.8, 2 gigs RAM  and .144 will load into apps but won't start up, I have run the usual mac system clean ups, but have to reload previous version which works great
Pages: [1]   Go Up