INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import usually fails to find final track of newly-ripped CD  (Read 1246 times)

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen

My copy of MC 19 is configured to run auto-import in the background for any new files added to the Music folder on my Synology NAS. However, when I use dBpoweramp to rip CDs I find that the last track of a newly-ripped CD is almost always not picked up by auto-import, even after waiting several minutes. I have to go to Drives and Devices in MC, browse to my Music folder and manually import the missing track. Grrrrrr  >:(.

I failed to find previous posts on this topic but is this a known problem? Are there any potential solutions?

David

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Auto-import usually fails to find final track of newly-ripped CD
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:24 am »

What happens if you run auto-import manually after you finish ripping?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:57:21 pm »

Hi Matt,
I didn't know that there was also a way to trigger auto-import manually. However, now I've found it under 'Tools/Import/Run Auto-Import Now' and this did indeed fix my problem.

While I am very grateful for being alerted to this work-around, surely MC should not be missing the final track of most of my rips. Is this not a bug?

David

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 03:13:12 pm »

While I am very grateful for being alerted to this work-around, surely MC should not be missing the final track of most of my rips. Is this not a bug?

It would get the last track eventually, but the timing is off.  So there's a problem there someplace.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up