INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using JRemote on a second computer  (Read 1043 times)

mindblanking

• Junior Woodchuck
Using JRemote on a second computer
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:42:46 pm »

I recently bought a cheap laptop to use exclusively for music from my harddrive through my DAC using JRiver.  I also have JRemote which I used with a different computer.  I'm trying to reconfigure the app so that it will "read" this new computer.  CAn someone talk me through it?  CAn't seem to make it happen.  Thanks!

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Using JRemote on a second computer
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:54:54 pm »

Hello - so you had a different computer paired with JRemote and you have switched to a new computer.

1. Did you back the library from your old computer and choose restore when you moved to the new system?

2. With JREMOTE you will need to add the new server to the application. You can choose to connect to it either using the access key of MC on the new machine (check Tools->Options->Media Network to find the Access key) or an IP address if you assigned the new Mac a static IP address.

If you server is password protected you will also need to enter the username and password for the new computer.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s
Pages: [1]   Go Up