INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play video to Xperia phone  (Read 1301 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Can't play video to Xperia phone
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:55:02 am »

Hi,

When I try to play a video file to my Xperia V phone (latest MC, latest Gizmo, latest Jelly Bean update on the phone, reinstalled latest Gizmo), it says "Preparing..." for a few seconds, and then it just goes back to the list. Tried different video qualities. If I remove the HTTP Live setting, a brief message appears: "Error communicating with server". I'm in the same room as my router, and the wifi icon shows full signal strength. Everything else network related works fine, and browsing around with Gizmo is pretty fast.

The file formats I've tried are mkv and mp4, which is what at least 90% of my files are in.

It has worked before on the same phone, although it is a while (a half year, maybe) since I tried playing video to the phone. Audio plays fine.

I have no issues playing video to my Galaxy Tab 7.7 running ICS.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:29:23 am »

Root and flash an AOSP ROM, your problem will go away most likely. Manufacturers like to add their own debilitating touches to major Android releases. As you can imagine jriver team must adopt Android specs from common source (this is why you never see people complaining about nexus devices)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't play video to Xperia phone
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 05:48:44 am »

Phone is already rooted. Have no interest in fiddling around with unofficial ROMs. Anybody have any other suggestions?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up