INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With only 10 key uses / yr, how can we keep up with new builds?  (Read 1414 times)

newbluesman

• Recent member

I successfully updated to 146 and was able to register it last night.  I then received an email telling me that I'd used one of my 10 annual registrations and have 9 left.  If I have to use one up for each new build, I'll have to be very careful which ones I choose since (assuming my math is correct) there have been 95 builds in the 8 months since build 51 was posted on October 23, 2013.

If this is really the case, it seems a bit limiting.  I can understand it for a mature product with full functionality like MC for Windows and Mac, but it's quite restrictive for a product in development.  Am I understanding this correctly?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: With only 10 key uses / yr, how can we keep up with new builds?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:15:08 am »

The license should carry over if you update.

You do not need to remove MC or its profile settings directory, no uninstall. Just install over the previous version and the license sticks.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:16:40 am »

Note that the license handling was overhauled in 19.0.144 and may have caused a previously installed license to drop, but as a result of those changes it should remain perfectly stable for future builds.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

newbluesman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 09:46:44 am »

Thanks! 

I put it on an old Celeron PC to get my feet wet, and it's really great.  I'm about to try it on my Asus Chromebox (upgraded to 64G SSD, 8G RAM) along with DreamStudio.   Between my BeagleBone and my Chromebox,  I'm ready to wave goodbye to traditional computers.  More to come....
Pages: [1]   Go Up