INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simultaneously play the same audio feed in 2 zone  (Read 3219 times)

Denon82

• Recent member
Simultaneously play the same audio feed in 2 zone
« on: July 02, 2014, 11:27:48 am »

Hello,

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am looking for a way to play the same audio in 2 zones? Basically I want to play a song from my PC, and have it play to my Home Theater and Tablet simultaneously. Most posts I found talk about playing 2 different sources to 2 different zones.

Thanks

Using JRiver 18

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Simultaneously play the same audio feed in 2 zone
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 12:07:41 pm »

Hello,

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am looking for a way to play the same audio in 2 zones? Basically I want to play a song from my PC, and have it play to my Home Theater and Tablet simultaneously. Most posts I found talk about playing 2 different sources to 2 different zones.

Thanks

Using JRiver 18

Drag one zone onto the other.  The zones will then be Linked and all the audio will be correlated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Denon82

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:11:13 am »

Thanks Matt,

I figured it out, I had to download BubbleUpnp to make it work like I wanted. Since Gizmo does not act as a DLNA renderer, I had to use another app.

I noticed that I can only play audio into 2 linked zones, this appears to be working as designed. Is there a way to play video in 2 zones simultaneously? The reason why I want to do this is because I have a playlist that consists of music videos and audio files, I would like to have these stream to 2 devices througout my house. On the tablet side, I only really care about the audio from the video playing since that's hooked up a smaller stereo.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 06:32:58 am »

I noticed that I can only play audio into 2 linked zones, this appears to be working as designed. Is there a way to play video in 2 zones simultaneously? The reason why I want to do this is because I have a playlist that consists of music videos and audio files, I would like to have these stream to 2 devices througout my house. On the tablet side, I only really care about the audio from the video playing since that's hooked up a smaller stereo.

I'm not sure if Zone Link works for video or not.  You could test it and see.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Denon82

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:41:17 am »

Sorry I should of mentioned, I did try and it said it could only playback audio within linked zones. Thought maybe there was a way around this, I'll keep looking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up