INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting Trailers  (Read 860 times)

bzowk

• Recent member
Sorting Trailers
« on: July 03, 2014, 02:37:02 pm »

Hey Guys -

I am sure this has been asked before, but I need help with something.  I have a root folder named "Movies."  In it is a folder for each movie including the video file as well as all other scraped data.

When I auto import my Movies to my library, half of the results / items added are the Trailers.  I can't figure out how to set J River to scan my Movies folder, but to exclude these files.  I've tried tagging all trailers as such, but ten can't find out how to set the import to exclude by tag. 

Any ideas you have would be great!  I'm still a newbie at this app so if you could provide a bit more detail instead of saying "use tags", that would be helpful.

Thank You!

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sorting Trailers
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:03:13 pm »

There are a couple different options here.  It depends on whether you want the trailers in your library at all.

One way is to keep your import the same and change your view.  In that case, you'd make a new view (right click on the video header and click "Add Library View...") and configure it to exclude the files you've tagged as trailers. The advantage of this is that you could have another view that only included the trailers if you wanted to.

Another way is to not import the trailers at all.  You can't filter out the files tagged as trailers because they aren't in the library yet.  Instead you're going to have to look for some similarity between all the trailers.  Perhaps they all have the word "trailer" in the name?  You could use the auto import settings to filter those out. 

Hope this helps a bit!
Adam Thompson, JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up