INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Video > Files" Shows More than "Video > Movies"  (Read 1201 times)

scm

• World Citizen
"Video > Files" Shows More than "Video > Movies"
« on: July 03, 2014, 02:39:55 pm »

I have a bunch of .avi files which normally I wouldn't think would be a problem importing into MC, but I'm not sure why many of them don't show up when I browse using Video>Movies, but they do show up when I browse using Video>Files.

The same files that do not appear under Movies also do not retain 1 to 5 star ratings after I close and reopen the program.

These .avi files are not coming up as being ignored or unable to be imported in the auto import log.  My knowledge isn't advanced enough to know the answer to this, but I bet it's an easy one for many of you.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Video > Files" Shows More than "Video > Movies"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »

You can exclude folders from auto-import via: Tools → Import → Configure Auto-Import
There is also an option to Ignore files previously removed from library which you probably want checked to prevent files that have been removed importing again the next time auto-import runs.

To customize Video > Files, right-click the view and select Customize View… then Set rules for file display…
Add a new rule which specifies that Media Sub Type is Movie

scm

• World Citizen
Re: "Video > Files" Shows More than "Video > Movies"
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 12:02:46 pm »

Yes that was it.  The default tree branch after clicking on VIDEO automatically opens up MOVIES.  This was excluding media sub types VIDEO and TV SHOWS.  I removed the rule after going into Customize View in MOVIES so now it shows everything. That was very helpful thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up