INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR switching  (Read 1824 times)

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
madVR switching
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:03:58 pm »

I have MC desktop frame rate switching for video turned completely off, and madVR is handling those chores.

There are two basic modes in madVR for setting the new desktop rate and restoring it to the original setting.  One is to change and restore at Play and Stop of a movie.  The other is to change as appropriate at the beginning of a movie, but not restore to the original desktop setting until you close MC.

The first mode works fine, but is a little annoying here because my video processor goes to black for about one second each time there's a change.

The second mode works fine for each movie start, but under no (apparent) circumstances, including closing the player, will it ever restore the desktop to its default settings.  I can reset that easily in the desktop->resolution settings in windows, but it's another step I'd rather no have to do.

Could there be some obscure setting I have missed for the restore on MC close to work?  Or is this a bug?

Thanks.

--Bill

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
Re: madVR switching
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:36:46 pm »

No one?

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 04:42:41 pm »

Are you running an old version of Media Center? There was a problem a long time ago where stopping the video did not release madVR and restore the default refresh rate.

You might also want to check and see if there is a madVR icon in your system try while the video is playing. If there is, try disabling that and see if it fixes the problem.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 05:34:17 pm »

Are you running an old version of Media Center? There was a problem a long time ago where stopping the video did not release madVR and restore the default refresh rate.

No, I'm always running the most recent version out.  In this case it's 149, but this has been consistent since 143.  I wasn't using MC for video before that.

You might also want to check and see if there is a madVR icon in your system try while the video is playing. If there is, try disabling that and see if it fixes the problem.

Yes, there is a tray icon for madVR during play, and it goes away when play is stopped.  I'll try disabling that tonight and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 06:09:07 pm »

It doesn't seem to make any difference, 62.  I have removed the tray icon completely so it never shows, but there still is no desktop reset when MC closes (or any time).

--Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up