Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pono  (Read 1885 times)

al1947

• World Citizen
Pono
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:42:44 am »

Congratulations on being chosen as the desktop software for PonoMusic.

However, that raises a couple of issues with respect to the Mac version of MC19:

-- "send to...drives and devices," which I assume to be the way one would load up a Pono player appears to be disabled in Mac.

-- similarly, while I can set a format preference for ripping CDs, I cannot actually rip.

Will those limitation of the Mac version be addressed prior to the Pono rollout. Their latest update projects that the music store will go live later this month, although the players aren't due until October

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Pono
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:06:11 am »

Yes, ripping and some form of "Send to..." will be in the Pono (and JRiver) Mac versions.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 10:37:14 am »

Excellent.

When the ripping feature is available, would there be any value in re-ripping a CD to FLAC that I already had ripped to Apple Lossless? Pono supports ALAC, but could there be any gain from doing a fresh rip?

One request: you probably are planning this already, but please allow "send to" at the playlist folder level. That is how I envision being able to divide up my library for the Pono player's internal memory and the miniSD cards.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:42:42 am »

It depends on the tool you used to rip it. If you used iTunes, then it might not be a bad idea to re-rip your CDs.
If you used a secure ripping tool, just convert the files.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »

It depends on the tool you used to rip it. If you used iTunes, then it might not be a bad idea to re-rip your CDs.
If you used a secure ripping tool, just convert the files.

I did use iTunes to rip to Apple Lossless. However, I do not understand what you mean by "secure ripping tool" -- would you please explain?

XLD? Max?
Pages: [1]   Go Up