INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing is not working  (Read 1727 times)

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Importing is not working
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:29:28 am »

19.0.146 when this is installed my problems started. Updated to .149 didn't fix a thing.

Ripping new material (3 new to me disc's) went fine. But nothing shows up in 'recently imported' under 'Playlists'.

I found the 3 albums BUT normal information is not present. Critical info like Artist or Album Artist headers are missing.

These 52 new song titles were not added to any playlist. 'Album' header is listed but if I right click on the entry, it lists the 'location' but is wrong. It listed location for all 3 albums in incorrect locations.

I can look straight away on the hard-drive and the songs are there and they will play but MJ will not see the tracks at their correct location. Tried a number of things but nothing works; MJ .149 (.146 for that matter) will not see the tracts in their actual location and therefore not play them or add them to playlist totals.

Note: the only way I was able to locate within MJ, was to search by 'Album Title' but again the physical location is wrong so will not play the tracks. A search by 'Artist' name will NOT locate the songs(52 total) at all.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Importing is not working
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:29 am »

Check in [Options > File Location > Audio] to see where it will store the rips.  I'm not sure why it would put it somewhere else unless you or another program moved them.  To fix it, you can either change the file paths yourself, or you can delete them from your library and re-import them. 
Adam Thompson, JRiver

52girl52

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:00:30 am »

19.0.146 when this is installed my problems started. Updated to .149 didn't fix a thing.

Ripping new material (3 new to me disc's) went fine. But nothing shows up in 'recently imported' under 'Playlists'.

I found the 3 albums BUT normal information is not present. Critical info like Artist or Album Artist headers are missing.

These 52 new song titles were not added to any playlist. 'Album' header is listed but if I right click on the entry, it lists the 'location' but is wrong. It listed location for all 3 albums in incorrect locations.

I can look straight away on the hard-drive and the songs are there and they will play but MJ will not see the tracks at their correct location. Tried a number of things but nothing works; MJ .149 (.146 for that matter) will not see the tracts in their actual location and therefore not play them or add them to playlist totals.

Note: the only way I was able to locate within MJ, was to search by 'Album Title' but again the physical location is wrong so will not play the tracks. A search by 'Artist' name will NOT locate the songs(52 total) at all.
Update: I backup library, then removed and had MJ (19.0.149) re-import every thing. It found (it seems) everything and now has approx 300k files(songs) which appears to be right. But I must have missed something as there is no artwork (thumbnails) with any of the songs and one of the main search items I and MJ uses is 'Artist' is empty. So I 300,000 songs with no artist, so all entries are 'unknown artist'.

Note2: all MJ rip's are placed in the same temporary location for last 10+ years. Here I edit them for artwork, typo's, wrong data etc. After all work and corrections are done they are moved to there final location (from SSD to Hard-drive). MJ will import the newly ripped songs and they can be seen on 'recently import' list. On build .146 this stop happening. Installed MJ .149 did not fix anything. I removed the last 52 ripped tracks and physical deleted from the hard-drive. Checked with MJ and they were gone.

I re-ripped the 3 albums to the same temporary folder on the SSD, check information and then moved (using windows 8.1 software) them to the hard-drives for use with MJ. This still didn't change a thing. They did not show up as 'recently imported' and the final location according to MJ, is physical wrong. MJ stop at 2nd level and listed it. My files are (say Asia) G:\My Music\the A Titles\Asia\ (then the actual album title. MJ see the newly rip tracks at: G:\My Music\The A Title\ (then stops right here and lists the new rips). Of course the actual location is one sub-folder deeper and is listed with the other the Asia, 8 other album.

As before (build .146 and .149) the actual location is incorrect and the 'Artist' data is completely missing. I dumped the library, re-built it within MJ and it found the 52 ripped songs but now all 300K are missing 'Artist' and ZERO artwork is used or shows up in MJ. That's where I stand now.

52girl52

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:46:47 am »

After another rebuild and its in progress as we speak, I decided to check in with JRiver Media Center 18. Its library is working perfectly.

Artwork is in place, Artist is in place all seems just fine. I test played any number of songs and all seems to be perfect.

Is there a giant BUG (from either .146 and .149) that destroyed my library within JRiver Media Center 19?

Note: This is the 5th rebuild and it takes nearly 3 hours for each one...no small task in time!

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:03:22 am »

If I understand correctly, the problem is that your entire library is now missing some fields?  Have you tried restoring a library backup?  Also auto import isn't working?  I'm trying to get an idea of exactly what's wrong.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

52girl52

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:44 am »

'If I understand correctly, the problem is that your entire library is now missing some fields?  Have you tried restoring a library backup?  Also auto import isn't working?  I'm trying to get an idea of exactly what's wrong.'

This is correct. I have tried using a restored backup but this failed at the end.

This morning I went further back to April 02, 2014 backup and restored that. Lo and behold all appeared fine. No missing artwork/thumbnails and the 'Artist' field is filled in as it should. Since April 02 I have ripped and added 5737 new tracks. I decided to update the library to add the new tracks.

It added the tracks...but they are all incorrect as by JRiver Media Center 19 again. The same problem jump up with these 5737 tracks. Every one...the location in incorrect, the artwork and 'artist' field is missing. All 5737 tracks have the same issues.

Within the last several days I actually added four(4) albums: Sting, If On a Winter's Night... and Symphonicities. Also added was Asis, Recollections: A Tribute To British Prog and XXX (Deluxe Edition). I hand-check each album and they are exactly as they should be within their appropriate sub-folders and play and look to be normal.

Its just that JRiver Media Center 19 (.146 and/or .149) will not see them properly.

I double checked several of the other new add-in's (5737) and all appear to be normal and located within the sub-folder given them but MC19 is not giving the correct location/address and not displaying properly or play any of them.

The other 289,823 tracks imported before .146 or .149 are fine: display's properly and plays fine. I'm at a loss here. Thank for any and all help.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 10:46:11 am »

You say MC has the wrong path for the problem files and they won't play.  What path does MC show?  Which path should it show instead?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

52girl52

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 02:29:22 pm »

wrong path question:   the final location according to MC19, is physical wrong. MC19 stops at 2nd level and listed it there. My files are at (say Asia) G:\My Music\the A Titles\Asia\ (then the actual album title. MC19 see the newly rip tracks at: G:\My Music\The A Title\ (then stops right here and lists the new rips). Of course the actual location is one sub-folder deeper and is listed with the other the Asia, 8 other album.

I downloaded MediaCenter190149.exe again. I removed the library. I reinstalled the program and rebooted system. I let MC149 do a new rebuild of the library. Everything is working now.

Lesson learned: don't waste hours trying to 'fix'. Just restart and start anew. I spent countless hours trying...what a waste of time. Thanks for the help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up