INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .jtv files/folders not deleted after client watching TV  (Read 1159 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
.jtv files/folders not deleted after client watching TV
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »

I have noticed this for some time.  On my upstairs machine that is a client, and all tuners are disabled and drivers uninstalled (if that matters).  If I watch TV upstairs, once stop is pressed, the files on the server from the streaming TV are not deleted.  I think they should be, correct?  Is it a configuration issue on my side?

mm0

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: .jtv files/folders not deleted after client watching TV
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:02:03 pm »

OK, so I just ran another test, and this time is did delete the files.  so it doesn't appear to be doing it all the time.  I don't watch TV upstairs that often, so not sure what is causing it.

ah...just did it gain, using the cable card tuner, instead of over the air, and this time it left the file.  I will do some more testing and see if it consistently does it.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »

yep, it's consistent...when using my HDHomeRun Prime, the folder doesn't get deleted after pressing stop.  If it's my HDHomeRun (non prime), the folder is deleted immediately after pressing stop.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »

I have seen cases in which some files in the folder are not deleted, and thus the folder is not deleted.  Is this the case for you (most files are deleted, but a few are left in the folder)?  This has been bothering me for a while.  I have not figured out why this happens, but can only guess some files are being accessed at the time they are deleted.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 06:24:13 pm »

I just did 2 tries, granted only for a few seconds each, and in both cases, there was a single .jtn file left inside the folder. 

It still seems like it only happens on Cable Card devices though, not on OTA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up