INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression for sorting flac,mp3,hd, etc.  (Read 776 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Expression for sorting flac,mp3,hd, etc.
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:49 pm »

ok finally figured out something for myself (uh, ok, with lots of searching of the forums)

i've made an expression to sort out mp3, flac, high def audio and multi-channel audio.  i'm still sorting some things out but it seems to be working well so far.  I use this for rename/move/copy, as my files are very well organized in the windows structure (i'm not always around my JRiver so i like it that way).  another upside is it seems to be offering somewhat of a way to browse my files over my DLNA without getting doubles of every album in lossy and lossless

I use this to sort albums, for example i sort by [artist] / [album]-[year]-[filetype]-[quality]
[quality] is my user-defined field, which outputs the average bitrate for lossy files (i used average to keep VBR under control), if it's a ripped (or downloaded) lossless it just displays "CD" and if the bitrate/sample rate is higher than 16/44 it outputs "High Def" and if multi channel audio it outputs "multi channel".   for example - Nirvana/In Utero - 1993 - flac - High Def...or Nirvana/In Utero - 1993 - mp3 - 256.  now that i have the gist of it, future mods include reporting remasters, reissues, etc. without having to alter the actual album tag.

start with a smart playlist and enter into import/export:

[=save(0,var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])1]=1 [=save(0,var_avgbitrate[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])1]=1 [=save(math(1+load(var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])),var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])1]=1 [=save(math([bitrate]+load(var_avgbitrate[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])),var_avgbitrate[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])1]=1 [=save(math(load(var_avgbitrate[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth]) / load(var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])),var_album_bitrate[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])1]=1 [Media Type]=[Audio] ~sort=[Media Type],[Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Disc #],[Track #],[Name]

i then created a user field [Quality] as an expression:

ifelse(isequal([channels],2,5),Multichannel,isequal([file type],mp3,1),formatnumber(load(var_album_bitrate[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth]),0), isequal([bit depth],16,5),High Def, CD)

and finally into Rename, Move, Copy as:  [artist]\[album]-[year]-[file type]-[Quality,0]

if this is no help to anyone, that's ok i'm just really excited that i'm finally starting to figure out some of the more advanced parts of JRiver (like variables).  Thanks to everyone that helps, and i'll update this as i figure out more things with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up