INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently Played seems to be missing tracks I know I played  (Read 1254 times)

jaynyc

• World Citizen
Recently Played seems to be missing tracks I know I played
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:20:25 am »

Hi, long time JRiver user here.  Confused about Recently Played.  I know for a fact I played a few tracks the other day, and they are not showing up in the list.  What are the requirements for a track to appear?  Does it have to just be played/started , or does it have to finished completely, or if 30 seconds plays?
I often skip around in tracks, and sometimes skip ahead if the last 10 seconds have silence or other boring trail outs.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recently Played seems to be missing tracks I know I played
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:38:48 am »

MC doesn't count a file as played, or increment the counter, until at least 50% of the file was played.  If you want to build your own trigger with different rules, you can:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85974.0
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jaynyc

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 07:30:39 am »

if I told you I know for sure I played more than 50% of a track and it doesn't appear,  what could be the cause(s) of that?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

I've had many tracks show up as "never played" when I have previously played them.  Don't know what causes this or how to reload the informaton including date last played.  It's not a date thing because other files are never affected.

It happens frequently.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 02:58:58 pm »

The program should track the Last Played date.  Can you reproduce playing a file and that field not updating?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Matt, what happens with me is they update....
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 08:02:34 pm »

at the time and then will disappear at some point (don't know if at happens at update time or not) and show never played.  I have many files that have stayed correct since I started using Media Center (2012), while others just lose the info.

I scrobble to Last FM and can get the info there and also proves the playback.  Plus, I know from my own memory that files have been played even though they, at some point, have reverted to "never played".

I wish I could help you more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up