INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.203 Beta Available...  (Read 7522 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.203 Beta Available...
« on: February 11, 2002, 12:16:54 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.203 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Metamorphis tooltips would clip if the player was too close to the edge of the screen.
2. Changed: Media Jukebox uses the "Main" Playing Now tab instead of the saved tab if the output has a display. (other than visualizations)
3. NEW: Can now hot swap display plugins via. the right click menu.
4. Fixed: Rename from file properties did not work properly with an empty directory rule.
5. NEW: "Visualization Plugins" system reworked.
6. NEW: Track Info now a display plugin (right click on display and switch from viz to trackinf).
7. Changed: Smarter decoding / buffer filling in the playback control.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking on media file in explorer with MJ running did not work.
9. Changed: Automatic pre-buffering adjustments based on source speed by the playback control.
10. Fixed: Converter didn't work if temp music directory didn't exist.
11. Fixed: If decoder failed in converter tool, MJ could crash.
12. Fixed: Playing now main page splitter would not work.
13. Fixed: Adding a playlist without expanding the node would not show all playlists.
14. Changed: [Enter] simulates a double-click in all file lists.
15. Fixed: Several keyboard focus issues.
16. Fixed: TV View didn't hide controls properly.
17. Fixed: Rating would show up as 0 for "?" in Track Info pages.
18. Fixed: Media Jukebox would display an endless stream of errors after loading a non-existent library.
19. Changed: In Media Scheduler, the Command Name in the Custom Task is now a required field.
20. Fixed: Statistics didn't tally albums and artists properly.
21. NEW: Added Albums list to statistics dialog.
22. NEW: Added "Mode" to Quick Play.
23. NEW: Added "undocumented" search post-processors ~a, ~n##, and ~t##. (get full albums, limit tracks, limit time, respectively)
24. Changed: Statistics dialog remembers the last view style.
25. Fixed: Location sorting logic was not correct.
26. Changed: Added all display of all MJ columns when virtual files exist on Handhelds.
27. Fixed: Browser component dialog would not always save information properly.
28. Fixed: Media Jukebox would not handle mixed artists CD information from CDDB correctly.
29. NEW: MJ Plus message times out after 30 seconds so Media Scheduler can do a wake up call
30. Fixed: Filter state updates more aggressively. (so things like lastplayed=<60 get updated every track change)

ZRocker

RE:MJ 8.0.203 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 12:49:06 pm »

Bug:

1. Disable Visualizations option does not work at all now...used to just not save the setting in the prior 199 release.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2002, 12:49:32 pm »

Top Hits / Recently Played -> Can't clear the list. Reset clears the "LastPlayed" time.

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2002, 12:53:47 pm »

Right clicking (in vis area) when showing track info more than once displays multiple menus. If you keep doing this, MJ is unresponsive.

Also when using track info, MJ doesn't come to the foreground when clicking on the taskbar. Clicking on the icon in the tray brings it up.

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2002, 12:55:35 pm »

Unable to rename location of files (find/replace) if file in current location doesn't exsist. I come across this a lot unfortunately.

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2002, 12:56:02 pm »

Cannot ftp file.

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 12:59:12 pm »

Using quick play, menus only popup when mouse is over in the first 3 sets (Library,Artist/Album,Artist). Anything after that you have to click on it to expand (Album/Song). Happens on all view schemes.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2002, 01:28:45 pm »

Matt A God Like Programer CDDB - compilation cd works!
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dragyn

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2002, 01:32:17 pm »

Rating is showing "0" instead of "?" in view schemes.

Year isn't showing "(unassigned)" values in view schemes.

When clicking on "Media Library", focus goes to search edit box and then quickly back to Media Library.

Ilmar

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2002, 01:46:46 pm »

Hi

Trackinfo pages I have spent weeks developing won't appear in the Trackinfo pages options.
Trackinfo page crashes with multiple instances of "MenuEx Display Window" in Task Manager, and MJ does not respond.
(Win XP Pro)

Trackinfo pages list is restricted to:

Dirt Simple
DJ
Dreamstate
MusicEx
Neo tropic

Alterations to the Index.html file in the Trackinfo directory seems to have no effect on the display page. Are the files still sourced from this directory, I can't find any others?

Ha Ha - You HAVE moved them to: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Visualizations\Track Info

OK, Having typed all this out, I will leave it up for the benifit of others...

Ilmar

cjdshaw

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2002, 01:51:18 pm »

14. Changed: [Enter] simulates a double-click in all file lists.
Excellent. Many thanks.

15. Fixed: Several keyboard focus issues.
The ones I mentioned are still there, such as:
Can't tab away from Search field in Media Library.
Keyboard focus is lost on return from full-screen mode.
When you edit Genre (or many other fields) in File Properties and press Return, keyboard focus is lost.
Can't tab out of an IE pane, such as Home or Web Media.

Fast-forward and rewind still don't work in video files.

Help menu remains grayed out when you return from About. This seems to be a general problem with menus and pop-ups.

When you pause a file, the whole status line is replaced with Paused, so you can't see where you are in the file. Given that the position slider changes shape, this seems a bit redundant. It's typically a problem when I pause a movie, and want to remember where I was so I can shut down MJ. (Slightly off the beta-testing topic, but keeping a bookmark for each file would be a good way round this.)

CPU: Intel Celeron 7 MHz MMX     <-------- Actually a 330MHz Celeron
Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 22 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation 5.0  (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.2920.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.2920.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.2920.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.2920.000

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2002, 01:56:39 pm »

>Matt A God Like Programer CDDB - compilation cd works!

Truth be told, I pawned that one off on Nikolay...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2002, 01:58:57 pm »

Cover Art is linking to temp directory for internal images (id3v2). Cleaned Library, Reimported. It doesn't happen on all of them though. Seems like it's happening to those creating by MJ.

I'll mess with it some more.

dragyn

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2002, 02:12:11 pm »

If you put your mouse over the pause arrow, it shows the elasped/total time.

On a related note, if you pause a file and then move the slider, MJ shows buffering, then crashes.

>When you pause a file, the whole status line is replaced with Paused, so you can't see where you are in the file.

cjdshaw

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2002, 02:28:21 pm »

Dragyn> If you put your mouse over the pause arrow, it shows the elasped/total time.

Another one for Lise's tips and tricks. I run my system through Girder though, so I don't use a mouse.

cjdshaw

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2002, 02:34:52 pm »

You can't use Album Artist as a default sort field in Options->Tree and View Settings. It should work in the same way as the view scheme i.e. use Album Artist if it exists, otherwise use Artist.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2002, 03:08:11 pm »

cjdshaw,
> Help menu remains grayed out when you return from About. This seems to be a general problem with menus and pop-ups.

This one could be a video driver problem.

On your other comments about focus, etc.  Thanks.  And keep after us on these.  This area of making things run really smoothly is coming to the top of the list now.  Let us know when it isn't right.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2002, 03:23:59 pm »

Hi - crash when submitting a new CD to CDDB. I completed naming all the tracks - it was a compilation CD - and clicked on OK. Then...

AppName: media jukebox.exe  AppVer: 8.0.203.0  ModName: media jukebox.exe
ModVer: 8.0.203.0  Offset: 00173e48

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.203

CPU: Intel Pentium III 696 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 88 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.000
Namaste,
John

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2002, 03:26:21 pm »

Track Info : Okay, having Track Info as a vis plugin is nice, because it allows you a view of Track Info and your playlist by going to Main. But (there's always a but), resizing MJ while viewing Track Info (or resizing the pane divider, or the vis window if viewing in a window) causes all kinds of messy refreshes/flashing.

Also, Lyrics in Track Info no longer honor carriage returns.

And, switching to mini-me while Track Info is displayed, shows Track Info in mini-me's vis window instead of a visualization like it used to. I understand why it does that, but I don't think it should. Track Info is completely useless in mini-me. And now I have to manually switch to a vis. Before I could have Track Info open in MEGA-ME, then switch to mini-me and automatically have a vis.

MJ also will not come to focus by clicking on it's taskbar button while viewing Track Info.

Request : Thank you for adding Play, Send To, etc. to all of the branches beneath Media Library. Can we also get these for Media Library itself? So the actions will be carried out on everything displaying in Media Library? Also, can we get File Properties on all branches?

Visualizations : MJ doesn't allow me to select vis plugins that I've created. I can open them in Vis Studio and MJ will then play them, however.

Auto-Expand Branches : None of their respective toolbar buttons cause the branches to auto-expand the way they do when you click on that branch. This goes for Playing Now, Media Library, Playlists, and Devices.

Remote Control : Next\Previous playlist causes MJ to crash when it hits Top Hits or Recently Played.
-Here's the weird thing about this. I have two commands set up in Girder that do the exact same thing, jump to the next playlist. The only difference is that one is excuted from an IR remote, and the other from my keyboard. The commands are configured IDENTICALY in Girder (I copied one direct from the other and only changed the input code that would execute them). The crash I mentioned only happens when I use the keyboard's Next Playlist. If I do it from my remote, I don't experience this. MJ shouldn't know the difference, so why is it responding differently? (I'll play around in Girder and see if it may be a Girder issue)

Recently Played & Top Hits : Reset doesn't work the way I thought it used to. It doesn't purge anything, it just sets everything's playcount to 1, even if nothing's ever been played. After doing a Reset on both, they both just have the first x number of entries from Media Library. Shouldn't they be empty?

Rules : Putting the closing ']' on the end of a rule based on location causes that rule to return nothing.

Request : Can we get a % indicator on the Startup Volume option?

Request : Can we get a Quick Skin menu in mini-me?

Request : How about using the Status Bar to display Repeat, Shuffle, and Filter modes?

Gatobrit

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2002, 03:26:38 pm »

Hi - more on entering new albums into CDDB.

After completing the album information and moving onto the tracks - I think it would help a lot of the focus was on the track name (so you can just start typing) rather than on the list on the left, and I think the default button when entering tracks should be "Next>" not OK (until you are on the last track) - that way you don't "fall out" of entering the track info part way through.
Namaste,
John

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2002, 03:29:43 pm »

What does this mean?

"3. NEW: Can now hot swap display plugins via. the right click menu."

Sniper

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2002, 03:37:21 pm »

Not a horrible bug, but kind of funny.  I can install it without agreeing to the EULA

Gatobrit

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2002, 03:38:23 pm »

Hi - I'm trying to rip using the CD-RW drive in my laptop. It's a Mat####a UJDA310. MJ reads the drive and the CD correctly but when I click on Copy MJ flashes "Initializing" in the Rip/Encode window and then simply dies.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 696 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 88 MB

Namaste,
John

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2002, 03:49:27 pm »

1. CD Burner indicates it's only running half speed. Can't make it go faster.

2. Generic Driver is X'd and greyed out. Can't change. Why? My regular driver for burner has ALWAYS worked OK.

3. Add 2 second playback gap is X'd and greyed out. Can't change!

CPU: Intel Pentium II 349 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 83 MB
Resource Info: System - 63 %, GDI - 83 %, User - 63 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.170

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2002, 04:44:39 pm »

Shotgun2> When that happened to me, it was because wnaspi32.dll was missing/corrupted.

markctpr

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2002, 04:52:21 pm »

With this new version I'm unable to RIP CDs to the MP3 VBR format.  The moment I press the "copy" button, MJ crashes out completely.

It does, however, work perfectly with the APE encoder.  I'm not sure if the problem is with MJ or the encoder but something is definitely wrong.

MJC

P.S. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the MP3 encoders but had the same problem.

MarkS

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2002, 05:09:35 pm »

Ditto the no rip mp3 crash. Similar crash whenever I stop play.

dragyn

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2002, 06:22:51 pm »

When converting formats, I think there should be an option to delete the original from the database. I just converted an album from apl to mp3 and the apl's dissappeared and I have to reimport them again when it's unnecessary. Thanks.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2002, 09:44:20 pm »

Problems with mp|PLS|/mpc plugin still present.
The plugin does not report format infos (Properties/format)
The bitrate is not reported on import.
Same version of the plugin that used to work before MJ8.189 (1.7.9e)

------------------------------

CPU: Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 523 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6 (Build 1381)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.2919.6307
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.2919.6304
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.2919.6304
Shell32.dll: 4.0
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

leonidas

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2002, 09:50:47 pm »

Dragyn said:When converting formats, I think there should be an option to delete the original from the database. I just converted an album from apl to mp3 and the apl's dissappeared and I have to reimport them again when it's unnecessary. Thanks.

I think that I'm finding the same limitation. If you convert (saving original), and choose update the database, the original listing is deleted from the database (not the hard drive). On the other hand, if you convert (saving original), and choose not to have the database updated, the newly converted file does not appear in the database. I discovered this situation when I ripped everything to ape, and then converted (saving original) to mp3 for streaming on Music01, but wanted both ape and mp3 to show in the database.

Leo

Sudadon

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2002, 10:48:16 pm »

MJ crashes whenever I insert a CD into my CD-ROM drive, while trying to connect to CDDB.  This did not happen in Ver. 8.01.

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2002, 11:42:42 pm »

Hi Doof. Thanks for the tip on wnaspi32.dll

Sure enough, the file DID NOT exist in MJv8.0.203 - or I couldn't find it at any rate.

So, I went back to MJv8.0.188 - wnaspi32.dll either not there or I failed to find it. BUT, previous problem areas; CD Writer speed, Generic Driver, and 2 second track gap appear to be OK.

Go figgur huh?

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.188

CPU: Intel Pentium II 348 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 112 MB
Resource Info: System - 69 %, GDI - 83 %, User - 69 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700

I'm gonna leave it on .188 hopefully till this problem resolved.

Markus

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2002, 12:15:25 am »

Some tags of MonkeysAudio files (.APE) seem not to be recognized.
This is the case with whole albums I recorded myself from CD and were automatically tagged (both with ExactAudioCopy). But only with some - other albums I recorded the same way to .APE are completely okay.
Winamp and other progams  show all the tag info correctly. MJ8 Does just shows the filename.
-Markus

mike

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2002, 01:04:14 am »

When playing a cd with MJ...it only plays a single track and then stops.

I've tried all sorts of ways to make it play more than one.....so for no luck

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2002, 01:23:23 am »

4. Fixed: Rename from file properties did not work properly with an empty directory rule.

But now even if the directory rule is disabled (checkbox off) it will always rename to the base directory entered there.

Chico

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2002, 03:17:10 am »

I am having the same problem with MJ crashing when I try to rip a CD.  At first MJ would crash when I insert a CD and it connects to CDDB.  After booting, this went away.  Now when I click on Rip CD, the status says "Initializing", then MJ crashes!  I had to go back to v8.0.199 so I could rip a CD.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2002, 05:02:30 am »

Shotgun2> wnaspi32.dll should be in your Windows\System32 folder. If it's not, try downloading it from http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm and putting it there. Actually, even if it is there, download that one and put it there. It's the latest version, and corrected all of the problems I was having.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2002, 05:05:14 am »

Okay, try this.

Start MJ up playing some music on continuous, with a vis showing. Let this play all night. For me, MJ crashes everytime after some undetermined amount of time in module vsc_default.dll. (I was wrong about which dll it was before in my last report of this)

Bryan

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2002, 05:42:37 am »

Thanks for fixing the converter issues..

Bryan

Gatobrit

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2002, 06:01:11 am »

Interesting buglet. When I look at a playlist or smartlist there is no seq. # listed.

I have a playlist that has a playlist and a smartlist under it. When I look at that playlist it has a seq # (all "0") in the list. I definitely haven't added the field.
Namaste,
John

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2002, 06:02:52 am »

I can't get LAME via Plug-in Manager.  It keeps telling me it downloaded, but then it doesn't appear anywhere in the Encoder drop-down menu.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Gatobrit

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2002, 06:15:42 am »

On v.8 the "MP3 Encoder" is LAME.
Namaste,
John

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2002, 06:51:21 am »

Can only burn cd's with 2x speed - the drive and the disc can burn up to 24x speed normally.

CD-rom drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1798 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 340 MB

ZRocker

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2002, 07:06:20 am »

Bug:

1. Alternate Playback preference does not playback as configured.  Basically, if I have Alternate playback set as Cross-fade (agressive or smooth) and Duration as 4.0 secs, when I click the Play button (from a stopped state) with the ALT key pressed, I get my normal (default playback)...not Alternate.  Alternate Stop does work.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2002, 08:02:22 am »

I think the Alternate playback is only for changing tracks, so it will only work if you click the next or previous buttons.

RazorFace

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2002, 08:44:26 am »

MJ "Closes" when I click on the "Rip CD" toolbar button.  By "Closes" I mean it seems to be shutting down.  There is no crash dialogue.
---&lt;br>RazorFace&lt;br>----&lt;br>Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0&lt;br>&lt;br>CPU: Intel Pentium III 803 MHz MMX&lt;br>Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB&lt;br>OS: Microsoft

ZRocker

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2002, 09:10:28 am »

Doof,

Respectfully, I think you are wrong...the 'Seeking' setting is what Next and Prev should be using (I think).  'Between Tracks' should mean for Play button clicks (that's how I understand it).  Maybe Matt can clear this issue up for me (us).

Ilmar

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2002, 09:56:21 am »

Trackinfo Revisited...

TRACKINFO_INSERT_TRACKPATH - full path to the currently playing file

doesn't work any more...

Ilmar

Pietro

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2002, 10:40:40 am »

Inserting a new CD or hitting the Rip CD button causes MJ 8.0.203 to close without any comment. Seems to be related to CDDB access. Happened on three different PCs.

Thanks
Pietro

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2002, 11:09:27 am »

Not really a bug, but maybe a disagreement in design:

If you have a playback filter enabled, it displays files in a greyed-out manner, but they're still in Plaing Now. That's cool. It shows you that they were included in whatevever criteria you specified or whatever manner you chose to put them there, but they aren't being played because of filtering. Excellent.

Here's the part I don't know if I agree with.

If I'm on the song right before a filtered song, and hit next, it skips the filtered song and goes on to the next. Basically it continues in a forward sense until it hits a song it's allowed to play. But the same doesn't hold true for Previous. If I'm on the song right after a filtered song, and click previous, MJ just keeps replaying the song I'm on rather than continuing in a backwards fashion until it hits a song it's allowed to play.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up