INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: DSD to PCM Conversion, cover art  (Read 1668 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request: DSD to PCM Conversion, cover art
« on: July 13, 2014, 03:08:01 am »

Currently I am working with offline DSD to PCM conversion (for my portable devices that don't run JRiver). The sound quality is great.
What I am missing currently is that cover art which I have added through MC's SACD ISO tagging feature does not get transferred to the converted PCM files. I would like the following to happen:
- cover art that has been added through manual tagging should be embedded into the converted PCM files
- any *.jpg files present in the folder where the SACD ISO resides should be copied to the destination folder
- if no tags are present in the library and no *.jpg are in the directories, cover art that is embedded in the SACD ISO should be transferred (this actually seems to work. some embedded cover art even made it across DSD -> PCM -> aac conversion)
The second request I have been raising in the forum several times is SACD ISO sidecar tagging to make moving parts of the library to another computer easier (moving the whole library is not difficult, I simply backup and restore the library)
Thanks again for your dedication to this project
With best Regards from Switzerland
Rudi

badbob

Re: Feature Request: DSD to PCM Conversion, cover art
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:10:44 pm »

I have a question about dsd to pcm conversion. I am digitizing a sizable amount of analog tapes to dsd. I know the media center will convert the files, but I need to find out if it will save the converted files so I can work them. I don't need a way to play the files. I need to save them to my hard drive as .wav or .flac files for later use.

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:30:43 pm »

Just use the offline convert utility found under tools, advance tools and then convert format and it will save a copy of the converted file. See if that will meet your needs.

badbob

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:57:36 pm »

Just use the offline convert utility found under tools, advance tools and then convert format and it will save a copy of the converted file. See if that will meet your needs.

I will...I haven't bought or dl'd the program. I wanted to know if it could be done before I commit.

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate your help.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:35:28 am »

The PCM format is pure audio samples only. There is no way to embed any metadata in PCM files. This not an MC issue...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:39:05 am »

The PCM format is pure audio samples only. There is no way to embed any metadata in PCM files. This not an MC issue...

We cannot really convert into a "raw" PCM format though, as you couldn't play the resulting file, files are usually WAV or any other compressed PCM format, which may be able to support metadata and even images.
I'm not sure why the images wouldn't be transferred over, I think it should try if the target format supports metadata. Might be because its SACD, those are handled kinda special in some parts.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:52:23 am »

There are many file formats that use PCM (versus DSD) and support tags and cover art. The OP just needs to pick an appropriate file format, like flac or m4a.
Pages: [1]   Go Up