INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping issue resolved!! It was the format used  (Read 923 times)

Dunkinidaho

• Recent member
Ripping issue resolved!! It was the format used
« on: July 13, 2014, 12:56:59 pm »

I asked the question in an earliar post if the format that is used for ripping has an effect on cover art. I was told it did not. I was having trouble with a particular cd that when ripped would list eack track as an album itself and mark each track with a blue note. I just switched the ripping format from flac to wma and everything is fine.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping issue resolved!! It was the format used
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:22:14 pm »

WMA is a lossy format, I don't recommend ripping to it.
I'm not sure why you are having problems with FLAC, but try ALAC instead of WMA.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping issue resolved!! It was the format used
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:12:18 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90315.msg620546#msg620546

I found it. Everyone in that thread seemed very helpful.

Sometimes Cover Art takes a little while to download from the internet. The import process works in the background and catches up eventually.

JRiver is designed more to handle large volumes of audio files, so the processes are designed to do things in bulk. Dragging and dropping artwork into individual files does not work well when you have 13,563 audio files.

So new users have a learning curve, as the software works differently, and requires a different mindset to master. You will get there.

I also would advise going back to FLAC and trying to resolve the issue you had.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up