INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld sync will not work correctly with special characters  (Read 1108 times)

user180

I have the file path set to:
Music\[Genre]\[Album Artist]\[Album]\
in Options->Handheld->Files, Paths, & More->Audio Path

It will add files on the handheld device with the path 'cleaned' e.g. replace ':' with '_'.

However, after restarting MC or reconnecting the device it will want to resync any file whose path was 'cleaned'. It will create duplicate files with (n) appended to the filename.

Furthermore, if I remove files from the sync list, it will not remove any files that have a 'cleaned' filename. I checked the logs and it says it cannot remove the file because it is not in the file path and gives the path 'un-cleaned' i.e. with characters like ':'.

I have tried changing above file path to:
Music\clean([Genre],3)\clean([Album Artist],3)\clean([Album],3)\

However, for 'cleaned' files it will want to delete and re-sync them even though the exist and have not changed.

It looks like a pretty fundamental bug with MC 19 and the forums indicate problems with MC syncing going back years.

Is there a work around to this problem or a fix pending with a new releases?

With MC I has very happy to send iTunes out the door, but I may have to send MC along with it even though I have already paid my $50 :-(.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Handheld sync will not work correctly with special characters
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 10:24:47 am »

I'm having troubles reproducing this.

I have a file and I edit the artist to be "Abba : Babba".  I sync it and it works.  I restart and it knows that it's been synced.

Tips?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

user180

Re: Handheld sync will not work correctly with special characters
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 08:21:10 pm »

Thank you Mat for your reply.

I just loaded MC and it auto updated to version 19.0.152 and the problem appears to be fixed!

It was at version 19.0.14X where X was 6 or 9, don't remember.

Glad this appears to have been fixed I have been very happy with MC otherwise.

Pages: [1]   Go Up