INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buy old versions?  (Read 4116 times)

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
Buy old versions?
« on: July 16, 2014, 01:28:54 pm »

If we want to license an old version can we do that? My video card FX5500 SDI will not run on Win7 and I need the HDSDI feature.

I guess what I am really asking is if a user license can be applied to any older version of JRiver?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Buy old versions?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:08:16 pm »

No.  Sorry, but we only sell the current version license.

However, MC should run on any computer that's Windows 95 or newer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 03:08:30 pm »

MC19 reports a video filter or missing output pin error on WinXP on BluRay rips as well as .ts files. MC16 works. I am attempting to move from VLC & CollectorZ to JRiver. But I can't not give up my HDSDI card. I guess I could convert HDMI to HDSDI as it's non HDCP but I would rather not.

I fully understand a policy of not supporting older versions but someone should still be able to buy it with the understanding that it will not be supported?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 03:55:57 pm »

MC19 reports a video filter or missing output pin error on WinXP on BluRay rips as well as .ts files. MC16 works. I am attempting to move from VLC & CollectorZ to JRiver. But I can't not give up my HDSDI card. I guess I could convert HDMI to HDSDI as it's non HDCP but I would rather not.

Make sure you have Internet connected for the first play.  The program needs to download some DirectShow filters.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:16:08 pm »

Make sure you have Internet connected for the first play.  The program needs to download some DirectShow filters.

Ahh, that was it. I initially downloaded it at work to a USB stick where I have very fast internet. When I re-downloaded it on the media player PC it works fine, and with my graphics card all under Win7.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up