INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD-Text Reading Problem in MC19  (Read 721 times)

zenmastering

• Recent member
CD-Text Reading Problem in MC19
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate that MC19 actually reads CD-Text from a disc, rather than blankly sitting there when there is no online database metadata available. This is important to me because I use MC19 at my studio for client playback and reference to other discs in my music library. It's part of the process of a client approving a master.

Unfortunately, the other day the following occurred:

In the 'Rip CD' window, I notice that accented Latin characters are not displayed and actually deleted from the displayed CD-text.

e.g. - "Besamé Mucho" becomes "Besam Mucho"

This looks like MC is using an ISO646, 7-bit character set to decode the cd-text on the disc, as opposed to ISO8859-1 'Latin'.

The text on the same CD shows up correctly when imported into workstations (Pyramix, WaveLab and Sequoia) as well as Plextor's PlexTools, dbPowerAmp and several CD-text equipped CD-players.

The attending client was a little freaked-out at the display and it took some effort to assure them that it was just a problem in MC19 and not on the disc itself ;->

So, I ask that you please fix this. There are so many features in MC that lend themselves to use in the studio (the ability to play SACD ISO without offline decoding, for one.)

Thanks,

Graemme

* this request was originally in the 19.0.152 bug thread, now buried...

Pages: [1]   Go Up