INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression to display does not work if Expression to group by is Unassigned  (Read 1168 times)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe

I have added Description sub-category to all my Audio Views to differentiate multiple versions of the same Album.  I fill in Description for Vinyl rips, SACDs, etc, but leave it blank for Redbook CDs.

In Theater View, I use an Expression:

Expression to group by
[Description]

Expression to display
Code: [Select]
<b>[Album]<//b>ifelse(!isempty([Description]), : <i>[Description]<//i>)
[Album Artist (auto)]

This allows the Redbook CD's to be sorted last (Unassigned), but still displayed the Album and Album Artist info.  I just noticed it is no longer displaying Album and Album Artist info but rather just displaying Unassigned for these Albums.  I could have sworn that it worked before.

I think items are always displayed in the "Unassigned" group in Theater View when there is no value assigned for that field.
I do something similar with my albums though:

• Album Artist (auto)
  • [Year] Album
  • Channels
  • Description

1. Just uses [Album Artist (auto)]

Code: (2. (Year) Album) [Select]
Group by:
formatdate([Date,0],yyyyMMdd) [Album]

Display:
<font alpha="50">delimit([Year],/],/[)<//font>
[Album]

Code: (3. Channels) [Select]
Group by:
[Channels]

Display:
<font alpha="50">[Album]<//font>
if(compare([Channels],<=,2),Stereo,Multichannel)

Code: (4. Description) [Select]
Group By:
if(!isempty([Date (release),0],1),FormatDate([Date (Release),0],yyyyMMdd),[Year]) Delimit([Description])

Display:
<font alpha="50">Delimit(if(!isempty([Date (release),0],1),FormatDate([Date (Release),0],yyyy),[Year]),/],/[)<//font>
if(isempty([Description]),[Album],[Description])

Note: I use a custom field, [Date (release)] to tag items with the year that this version was released.
E.g. an album originally released in 1980 will have that in the [Year] field, and a 2010 remaster would have that in [Date (release)]

It's not perfect, but this covers most of my library.

connersw

Bumping this up to see if there is any chance in changing this behavior.  I could have sworn that it did not used to do this, and the latest change below does not seem to have an effect.

19.0.155 (7/21/2014)
5. Fixed: An empty date (or empty other field) could sort in an indeterminate manner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up