INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Asio driver not visible in Spotify (via Equalify)  (Read 7765 times)

jodokus

• Recent member
JRiver Asio driver not visible in Spotify (via Equalify)
« on: July 25, 2014, 08:46:50 am »

Because I can't live without a decent streaming service anymore after discovering Qobuz hifi, I'm using JRiver only for video playback right now (still THE best!).

The output in Qobuz is the JRiver Asio driver (to Asus Essence ST soundcard). I find Qobuz too expensive (20 euros per month), and am not really happy with the interface. I tried Spotify Premium instead (fantastic interface), but without Asio, the sq is not good enough for me. With the plugin Equalify it's possible to choose the output in Spotify, but the JRiver Asio driver is not visible (Asus Asio driver also not there).

I played around with VB-Audio Asio bridge and Asio Link, but I can't get it to work properly. Is there a way to show the JRiver Asio driver in Spotify, like it is in Qobuz? Or will it be possible in the near future? Hope to hear from you.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Asio driver not visible in Spotify (via Equalify)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 09:06:57 am »

Can "Equalify" use ASIO drivers?  After a brief search, it looks like it might not.  That would explain why you can't see the Asus ASIO driver either.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 09:07:24 am »

It sounds like the program does not support ASIO.

Have you tried Fidelify?

jodokus

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 11:14:23 am »

I tried Fidelity, great initiative, but looks awful and freezed constantly.... Thanks for the tip. Is Equalify the only way to choose the output in Spotify? Sounds
like the right explanation for the asio drivers not showing up....

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 11:10:10 am »

You can grab the audio stream sent to the Windows driver with the loopback feature: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70242.0

jodokus

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Asio driver not visible in Spotify (via Equalify) Solved!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 01:24:17 am »

Problem solved!!! Thanks to the fantastic work of John Shield, the developer of Asio Link my system now runs Spotify (and JRiver) through asio. The Asio
Link creates a virtual asio device that is visible in Equalify, and together with the multiclient option in Asio Link, it runs both programs. At first this
construction didn't work, but John made some internal changes and now it runs like sunshine! It's not possible to use the JRiver asio driver, because
the code is bugged John says....

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 03:51:50 am »

ASIO Link (this application?) is a WDM driver that passes audio to an ASIO device, it is not an ASIO driver itself.

Again, all signs point to Equalify not having ASIO support, if you have to pass it through a WDM driver.

jodokus

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:44 pm »

So you're telling me I'm not getting a direct (asio) signal? It sounds like it though, experience
the same behaviour (some pops/glitches when loading chrome or other software).

jodokus

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 03:34:33 pm »

I checked, it's definitely asio, WDM is passed (no signal)

jodokus

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 03:40:03 pm »

This is the answer from John Shield, makes me understand:

Actually that isn't quite correct, it is an ASIO driver that "hosts" a soundcard ASIO driver and mixes WDM audio into the ASIO audio stream.

As for equalify not having ASIO support that is true as it is for spotify.

So, in short, ASIO link passes ASIO audio through unmodified but *can* mix in WDM, network or ASIO sound card inputs.

Hilton

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 11:01:00 pm »

Funny co-incidence, I started playing with Asio-link last night. It has Asio Network streaming which im trying to use for audio sync across the network between multiple clients.
I originally downloaded it to try pulling ASIO audio from 3D bluray software players but got side tracked with network streaming. Havent got it to fully work yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up