INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQ] isselected()  (Read 988 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
[REQ] isselected()
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:53:03 am »

A feature request, unless I've already missed it?  ;D

We currently have isplaying() and isplayingnow() which are *really* useful with smartlists for doing targeted stuff.  But the limitation is that the track has to be playing.  We also have links for Artist, Album, Genre etc that can do targeted stuff too.  Again, very useful.

But what is missing is the ability to arbitrarily highlight an entry and then do something based on the selection.

I am currently building a Discography view that will show the entire discography for the isplayingnow() artist, but it would be MUCH more flexible if I could select any entry in my database and then simply select something like:

Navigation->Artist Discography

The artist discography smartlists would then be able to use isselected(Artist) or similar to see which artist is currently selected.

In a perfect world it would be possible to use isselected() to return any field available, but to begin with Artist, Album and Name would be exceptionally useful... 

This would be a killer feature, in fact ;)

Pretty please!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: [REQ] isselected()
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:49 am »

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
Re: [REQ] isselected()
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:27:58 am »

Yes, indeed it is.  So that's two of us  ;D

It's such an obviously great idea that I've no doubt one of the devs will pop it in to a build sometime soon  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up