INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestions for TV card setup?  (Read 824 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
suggestions for TV card setup?
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:12:27 pm »

Hi, i'm interested in getting a TV card and trying this whole thing out.  i have zero experience with it, if anyone has any suggestions on

1. which TV card seems to work well
2. any other hints to use MC to control the whole situation.  I have a lot of A/V gear, other than the TV card i'm likely set to go.

i know this is noob stuff but i'm definitely a TV card noob.  Thanks!

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: suggestions for TV card setup?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 03:58:11 am »

Hi, i'm interested in getting a TV card and trying this whole thing out.  i have zero experience with it, if anyone has any suggestions on

1. which TV card seems to work well
2. any other hints to use MC to control the whole situation.  I have a lot of A/V gear, other than the TV card i'm likely set to go.

i know this is noob stuff but i'm definitely a TV card noob.  Thanks!

I've had a pretty good experience with MC for recording TV over the last couple of years. I've got 2 SiliconDust HDHR3-DT units and 1 Avermedia AVerTV TwinStar A825. All are for DVB-T use. The former is a LAN device and the latter works via USB. This gives me 6 channels to view / record from concurrently and 4 that are available over my home network. The end result is that my TV never gets used as a TV - it's just a monitor.

Did you look at the top of the board? This topic is worth reviewing:
TV Devices Supported

The other place to look for setting things up is on the Wiki FAQs (great place to look for all sorts of queries, it's an address that's worth bookmarking) and here in particular:
Television Setup

Give that a crack and if you get stuck and can't find guidance from the Wiki or Interact, then post some details of your issues..   ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up