INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this exist?  (Read 1791 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Does this exist?
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:35 am »

Hey,

My AV receiver has zone 2 capability (can use either phono jacks or bare wire terminations). Obviously it requires speaker cables and speakers for it to work.

What I would like to do, is get a powered bluetooth transmitter that has L/R phono inputs. Into these will be the Zone 2 phono outputs from my AVR. Then I can pair this transmitter with 1 or more battery powered bluetooth speakers that I can use in the garden.

Then whatever source is being used (MC, digital TV box, PS3 etc), the sound will come out of the bluetooth speakers. In MC's case, I can setup a playlist and leave it unattended. I want it to be pumped through the AVR because we might also want the leave the digital TV box on a radio channel instead of playing from our music library.

I can not find a bluetooth device that does what I want (accepts audio as input). I can find numerous ones that have phono outputs to be plugged in to an AVR or speakers directly, which is then paired with a mobile/tablet which acts as the source. This is not what I want.

Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Does this exist?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:48:03 am »

Something like this?
JRiver CEO Elect

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:34:19 pm »

The B-Speech is an option, but it is class 2, meaning 10 meters distance.
You should look for a class 1, which is 100 meter, enough length for the garden.
But you can use a bluetooth repeater, SMA has this, I don't know the price, but here is the manual.
http://www.sol-distribution.com.au/SMA-Inverters/SMA-Indoor-Bluetooth-Repeater-Installation-Guide.pdf

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 04:42:15 pm »

Something like this?

I have one.
You can really hear the difference when you compare it with pure digital from PC to bluetooth speakers: i.e. an usb bluetooth adapter connected to the PC so that the remote bluetooth speakers can be selected as audio device in MC, thus avoiding the DA/AD conversion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up