INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IsMissing(…) Theatre View  (Read 1241 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
IsMissing(…) Theatre View
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:05:36 am »

A while back I made a view in Theatre View, it's been working fine for some time, a little lag sometimes but generally useable. Recently lagging has got worse. So bad in fact that I'm about to ditch the view.

It's just to check whether a hard drive is online and if not append the drive letter to the front so I know which one to switch on.

Expression to Group by
Code: [Select]
TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)
Expesssion to display
if(ismissing(),<font color="F52C51"><b>mid([Filename (Path), 1],0,1)<//b><//font>|,) TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)
In the wiki it says
Note: Any view or list that uses IsMissing() will be slow, is Media Center must interrogate each referenced file in the file system. The larger the number of files being queried, the longer it will take to produce results. Use IsMissing() with care.

I'm wondering is there any way of speeding this up? Before I ditch it completely?

if(ismissing(mid([Filename (Path), 1],0,1)),SOME CODE, SOME CODE)
Would using the above expression provide a worthwhile speedup? As it's still interrogating the file system but doesn't have to dig deeper, as only the first drive letter is provided and thus the availability of the file is not actually checked, just the drive is? Or does mc evaluate this expression and check the full path and availability of each file regardless that only the drive letter was supplied by using mid?

Any help really appreciated thanks :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: IsMissing(…) Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:07:40 am »

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added the expression IsDriveMissing to test a drive for existence.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up